The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Melvill & Moon

Melvill & Moon seat covers are now available for the Grenadier.

image002.png
Melvill & Moon pioneered the use of removable, washable, 100% canvas seat covers for the 4x4 and farm vehicle market over 24 years ago.
With seat cover manufacture now a growing industry, our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry.

Our seat covers are water repellant, rot-proofed, fully washable and handmade from natural cotton.
They are breathable, cool and comfortable to sit on.

Melvill & Moon Seat Cover backstory

Since 1998 our Seat Cover department has been an important leg of the business. The original seat covers that inspired us were on the East African bush planes ferrying visitors and gear in and out of Nairobi’s Wilson airport to far flung lodges and camps across East Africa.
Our approach was to put quality vehicle specific tailor made design around this idea.
And so it was that Melvill & Moon kicked off a manufacturing industry in 1999. Our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry. To this day we still work hard to stay ahead, bring you the latest developments and patterns for the latest car releases.

1681753761240.png

seat-covers-anotomy2.jpeg

seat-covers-anotomy3.jpeg

Forum prices are as follows and include vat and only apply to UK orders/deliveries

• Front seat covers pair £440 RRP usually £480 now including the console cover
  • Front and rear seat covers £730 (including a free spare wheel cover) RRP usually £780 now including back pockets
  • The spare wheel cover £99 RRP usually £120 for both the solid cover and the donut cover (lockbox option)
  • The dashboard cover £155 RRP usually £175

Colour options are charcoal grey or sand

Please contact Steffi Halm directly when ordering to confirm secure the forum prices and or any afford bundle discounts.

steffi@melvillandmoon.com
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 11.23.01 AM.png

Attachments

• 1681755248866.png
    1681755248866.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
Got a set front and back in sand plus charcoal wheel cover (hope squeezes over my 285/70's) and a dash cover - all waiting the Gren which all going well I collect next week! Will post photos when complete.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
Nice work ECrider, you went the whole hog there.

How much was the dash cover, if you don’t mind me asking ?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice work ECrider, you went the whole hog there.

How much was the dash cover, if you don’t mind me asking ?
Don't think I've paid Steffi yet for the dash cover. She's kindly sent me both colours (well hope she has as haven't opened box yet) as I was worried that the sand one may reflect back on to the windscreen too much and the charcoal one will look odd with sand seats. Will find out next week and report back once updated Steffi.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Don't think I've paid Steffi yet for the dash cover. She's kindly sent me both colours (well hope she has as haven't opened box yet) as I was worried that the sand one may reflect back on to the windscreen too much and the charcoal one will look odd with sand seats. Will find out next week and report back once updated Steffi.

Good point well made. Like you say there could be a bit of a reflection. Let me know what your thoughts are buddy, as it will probably affect my own decisions going forward 😃

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good point well made. Like you say there could be a bit of a reflection. Let me know what your thoughts are buddy, as it will probably affect my own decisions going forward 😃
will do. Also tks to your link to Titan boot liners I've ordered one of those as well. Really need some protection in the back from dogs/chainsaws/oil/blood etc etc. Not sure if any good but just need it to fit well. Will revert on that as well.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
will do. Also tks to your link to Titan boot liners I've ordered one of those as well. Really need some protection in the back from dogs/chainsaws/oil/blood etc etc. Not sure if any good but just need it to fit well. Will revert on that as well.
I can highly recommend the Titan covers. They’re well fitted and the material is waterproof and tough.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
tks Ever Pragmatic. Very glad to hear 👍
The only thing they can’t accommodate are the cargo rails which I have in mine. That said, when I need them, I’ll either peel the load liner back, or cut through it.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The only thing they can’t accommodate are the cargo rails which I have in mine. That said, when I need them, I’ll either peel the load liner back, or cut through it.
Likewise. Take it the liner attaches via velcro/sticky back etc?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Germany, hunters say "sweat" instead of blood in the hunter's language. Is that also the case in England? And yes I like the M&M things also very much
i haven't heard it called anything other than blood.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sent the sand one back to Steffi. It reflected too much off the windscreen. It also was a bit sand overkill. However, those seat covers in sand, holy moly - are excellent and go so well with the green.

Keeping the charcoal dash cover, but not sure how well it will stick in the hot direct sun. Will wait until cools down a bit.

Pics to follow

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Stu,

I am in USA, and trying to order the seat covers from Melvill + Moon. They have two types, standard as pictured in your post and deluxe. Is it possible for them to post pics of the deluxe version as well for comparison purposes so we can decide more accurately which product line to order from them?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Stu,

I am in USA, and trying to order the seat covers from Melvill + Moon. They have two types, standard as pictured in your post and deluxe. Is it possible for them to post pics of the deluxe version as well for comparison purposes so we can decide more accurately which product line to order from them?
I’m not sure. The best way would be to contact them directly. Although I think that a few members have the deluxe ones in their Grenadiers already.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Stu,

On MM website, deluxe adds leather piping around the edges and a leather insert on the side near the door.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
  • Front and rear seat covers £730 (including a free spare wheel cover) RRP usually £780 now including back pockets
  • The spare wheel cover £99 RRP usually £120 for both the solid cover and the donut cover (lockbox option)

Please contact Steffi Halm directly when ordering to confirm secure the forum prices and or any afford bundle discounts.

Updated pricing and options from Steffi, as always confirm with her prior to ordering for pricing and specification.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Updated pricing and options from Steffi, as always confirm with her prior to ordering for pricing and specification.
Made a provisional order with Steffi a couple of weeks back. Wonder if like Ineos, they will hold the price on existing orders. Should know soon.

Francois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
Sent the sand one back to Steffi. It reflected too much off the windscreen. It also was a bit sand overkill. However, those seat covers in sand, holy moly - are excellent and go so well with the green.

Keeping the charcoal dash cover, but not sure how well it will stick in the hot direct sun. Will wait until cools down a bit.

Pics to follow

Attachments

• 20230913_150806.jpg
    20230913_150806.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20230913_150830.jpg
    20230913_150830.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20230913_150836.jpg
    20230913_150836.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20230914_074146.jpg