The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Melvill & Moon

Melvill & Moon seat covers are now available for the Grenadier.

image002.png
Melvill & Moon pioneered the use of removable, washable, 100% canvas seat covers for the 4x4 and farm vehicle market over 24 years ago.
With seat cover manufacture now a growing industry, our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry.

Our seat covers are water repellant, rot-proofed, fully washable and handmade from natural cotton.
They are breathable, cool and comfortable to sit on.

Melvill & Moon Seat Cover backstory

Since 1998 our Seat Cover department has been an important leg of the business. The original seat covers that inspired us were on the East African bush planes ferrying visitors and gear in and out of Nairobi’s Wilson airport to far flung lodges and camps across East Africa.
Our approach was to put quality vehicle specific tailor made design around this idea.
And so it was that Melvill & Moon kicked off a manufacturing industry in 1999. Our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry. To this day we still work hard to stay ahead, bring you the latest developments and patterns for the latest car releases.

1681753761240.png

seat-covers-anotomy2.jpeg

seat-covers-anotomy3.jpeg

Forum prices are as follows and include vat and only apply to UK orders/deliveries

• Front seat covers pair £440 RRP usually £480 now including the console cover
  • Front and rear seat covers £730 (including a free spare wheel cover) RRP usually £780 now including back pockets
  • The spare wheel cover £99 RRP usually £120 for both the solid cover and the donut cover (lockbox option)
  • The dashboard cover £155 RRP usually £175

Colour options are charcoal grey or sand

Please contact Steffi Halm directly when ordering to confirm secure the forum prices and or any afford bundle discounts.

steffi@melvillandmoon.com
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 11.23.01 AM.png

Attachments

• 1681755248866.png
    1681755248866.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
That wheel cover looks more practical than the whole one that was shipped with my covers. May need to talk to Steffi.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
Yep I am loving the Polo mint style wheel cover, might need to call in to the CT store in four months time.

Well I will anyway but now I am on a mission.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
in 😍
IMG_2479.jpeg
Hi. Are you, or anyone else who has them, pleased with the doughnut rear wheel cover? Thanks.

Reactions: CB

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi. Are you, or anyone else who has them, pleased with the doughnut rear wheel cover? Thanks.
Yes I have a charcoal one and much happier with this than the full one. Not least because it allows access to the spare wheel storage, which I use regularly.

Will take a pic later. It fits on 285/70/17 and had less writings which much prefer to the full one.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I have a charcoal one and much happier with this than the full one. Not least because it allows access to the spare wheel storage, which I use regularly.

Will take a pic later. It fits on 285/70/17 and had less writings which much prefer to the full one.
Thanks Ecrider that’s good advice, photo would be great to see. Anyone go with the leather trim covers? Worth the extra?

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Ecrider that’s good advice, photo would be great to see. Anyone go with the leather trim covers? Worth the extra?
I'm planning on getting them with the leather trim, because I think it would compliment the saddle leather steering wheel, parking brake, etc. nicely and should save some wear and tear in sliding into and out of the seats.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting them with the leather trim, because I think it would compliment the saddle leather steering wheel, parking brake, etc. nicely and should save some wear and tear in sliding into and out of the seats.
Fitting the over leather or cloth seats?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I chose the Charcoal with leather trim on the edge. Since you always slide over the side, the leather protects the canvas cover. I posted pictures somewhere in the M&M thread.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all. My debate is whether to get the M&M seat covers to protect the leather. Particularly the rear seats when folded down. Does anyone else have covers with the leather seats? Good idea or waste of money?

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the bill laying around right now but I seem to remember it pretty much doubled the price - maybe a little less. We had to do an international wire transfer which added cost and there was the fluctuating currency exchange rate on top of everything else. We had a very small customization added to the covers as well. Definitely not cheap.

EDIT: Freight to the west coast was 5,356.30 ZAR R.
Currently that comes out to 283.67 US. so maybe not as terrible as I remember.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all. My debate is whether to get the M&M seat covers to protect the leather. Particularly the rear seats when folded down. Does anyone else have covers with the leather seats? Good idea or waste of money?
I have just fitted the standard M&M in Sand, over my leather seats. Very snug fit which I feel benefits from further adjustment once on for a day or two. Fabric needs to loosen up once unpacked. Very happy with the results so far. Pictures to follow.
I also have the saddle leather wheel, brake lever etc. one of my favourite options.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_9949.jpeg
    IMG_9949.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 126

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Having the lighter leather seats I'm glad I got these covers, love the sandy shade, but I was disappointed they didn't include the spare wheel cover as I'd been expecting that. In the first post here it says that cover is included with the full set. Well it wasn't so I've queried this.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fitted a couple of days ago. Will stretch a d smooth out more fully in the next day or two.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg