The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Melvill & Moon

Melvill & Moon seat covers are now available for the Grenadier.

image002.png
Melvill & Moon pioneered the use of removable, washable, 100% canvas seat covers for the 4x4 and farm vehicle market over 24 years ago.
With seat cover manufacture now a growing industry, our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry.

Our seat covers are water repellant, rot-proofed, fully washable and handmade from natural cotton.
They are breathable, cool and comfortable to sit on.

Melvill & Moon Seat Cover backstory

Since 1998 our Seat Cover department has been an important leg of the business. The original seat covers that inspired us were on the East African bush planes ferrying visitors and gear in and out of Nairobi’s Wilson airport to far flung lodges and camps across East Africa.
Our approach was to put quality vehicle specific tailor made design around this idea.
And so it was that Melvill & Moon kicked off a manufacturing industry in 1999. Our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry. To this day we still work hard to stay ahead, bring you the latest developments and patterns for the latest car releases.

1681753761240.png

seat-covers-anotomy2.jpeg

seat-covers-anotomy3.jpeg

Forum prices are as follows and include vat and only apply to UK orders/deliveries

• Front seat covers pair £440 RRP usually £480 now including the console cover
  • Front and rear seat covers £730 (including a free spare wheel cover) RRP usually £780 now including back pockets
  • The spare wheel cover £99 RRP usually £120 for both the solid cover and the donut cover (lockbox option)
  • The dashboard cover £155 RRP usually £175

Colour options are charcoal grey or sand

Please contact Steffi Halm directly when ordering to confirm secure the forum prices and or any afford bundle discounts.

steffi@melvillandmoon.com
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 11.23.01 AM.png

Attachments

• 1681755248866.png
    1681755248866.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Received my M&M seat covers yesterday in readiness for delivery, whenever that may be, though likely next week according to my dealer. No qualms about recommending any of the Melvill & Moon kit, used the seat covers on defenders in the past, and have and use a variety of their furniture extensively. All great quality.

Note if you're ordering the covers. There are two types, 'regular' and 'premium', the latter having the leather corners on the door side to give some extra protection to the fabric as you slip in and out of the vehicle. The premium must be spec'd in advance and they will make them up for you to order. The 'regular' type can be had off the shelf as it were.
@jamesdp , do we forum members get a discount? If so, is there a code to enter when ordering?

jamesdp

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
@jamesdp , do we forum members get a discount? If so, is there a code to enter when ordering?
I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. If not, I’ll have a chat with them tomorrow and see what can be done.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. If not, I’ll have a chat with them tomorrow and see what can be done.
Thank you @jamesdp , Sorry, just read the information regarding Stu's prices at the beginning. That settles my question.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, who of you in Germany also buys the covers from Melvill&Moon?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
I will no buy covers. Instead I will try to care for the leather with the right products.
Seat cover always remind me on saving the beauty of the cars interior for the next owner.
In my opinion the next one can get a used car from me if I ever sell it.
It’s another story if you need them from time to time in reality dirty environment. Therefore they are perfect 👍

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will no buy covers. Instead I will try to care for the leather with the right products.
Seat cover always remind me on saving the beauty of the cars interior for the next owner.
In my opinion the next one can get a used car from me if I ever sell it.
It’s another story if you need them from time to time in reality dirty environment. Therefore they are perfect 👍
I do not think about selling, but my soiled clothes.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I drove my car >190000km. was in the car with wet and dirty hunting clothes. Leather is super easy to clean and care for. I find things very chic. But personally, I don't want overcoats over the seats

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I drove my car >190000km. was in the car with wet and dirty hunting clothes. Leather is super easy to clean and care for. I find things very chic. But personally, I don't want overcoats over the seats
Leather seats are like Lederhosen. They get better with every stain.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
Leather seats are like Lederhosen. They get better with every stain.
I feel the late, great Sir Les Patterson would agree.

Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Melvill & Moon seat covers are now available for the Grenadier.

View attachment 7808757
Melvill & Moon pioneered the use of removable, washable, 100% canvas seat covers for the 4x4 and farm vehicle market over 24 years ago.
With seat cover manufacture now a growing industry, our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry.

Our seat covers are water repellant, rot-proofed, fully washable and handmade from natural cotton.
They are breathable, cool and comfortable to sit on.

Melvill & Moon Seat Cover backstory

Since 1998 our Seat Cover department has been an important leg of the business. The original seat covers that inspired us were on the East African bush planes ferrying visitors and gear in and out of Nairobi’s Wilson airport to far flung lodges and camps across East Africa.
Our approach was to put quality vehicle specific tailor made design around this idea.
And so it was that Melvill & Moon kicked off a manufacturing industry in 1999. Our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry. To this day we still work hard to stay ahead, bring you the latest developments and patterns for the latest car releases.

View attachment 7808723

View attachment 7808724

View attachment 7808725

Forum prices are as follows and include vat and only apply to UK orders/deliveries

• Front seat covers pair £410 RRP usually £440
  • Front and rear seat covers £615 (including a free spare wheel cover) RRP usually £660
  • The spare wheel cover £90 RRP usually £99
  • The dashboard cover £150

Colour options are charcoal grey or sand

Please contact Steffi Halm directly when ordering to secure the forum prices.

steffi@melvillandmoon.com
View attachment 7808759
Looks amazing, all their products. Available to ship to the USA?

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No idea. What I do know is that the UK has ran out of stock for the third time and is waiting for new.
Also there is talk of some more items being offered.
Hi @Stu_Barnes, do you have a contact for the UK retailer?
I just received a quote from Port Elizabeth, where the delivery fee to Europe sums up to EUR250. This is a deal breaker for a single order.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received my M&M seat covers yesterday in readiness for delivery, whenever that may be, though likely next week according to my dealer. No qualms about recommending any of the Melvill & Moon kit, used the seat covers on defenders in the past, and have and use a variety of their furniture extensively. All great quality.

Note if you're ordering the covers. There are two types, 'regular' and 'premium', the latter having the leather corners on the door side to give some extra protection to the fabric as you slip in and out of the vehicle. The premium must be spec'd in advance and they will make them up for you to order. The 'regular' type can be had off the shelf as it were.
Hi @jamesdp where did you order the M&M seat covers? Directly at M&M in South Africa or via any distribution?

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI @rovie, I am just checking the options to get a set of M&M seat covers. But single order for europe costs nearly 60% of the goods value...
Do you received any echo on your question regarding further orders from Germany?

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered mine through a very helpful Steffi in the UK via; steffi@melvillandmoon.com
Thanks for your reply. I contacted the same address and received nicely replies but not from Steffi. I currently try to find out if can reduce the shipping costs in some way. Shipping from South Africa is too expensive for me, in a single order.

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I contacted the same address and received nicely replies but not from Steffi. I currently try to find out if can reduce the shipping costs in some way. Shipping from South Africa is too expensive for me, in a single order.
Hi minidok. Same story here in France (Corsica to be precise). Shipping cost are nearly as much as the goods value. And there will be some custom fees to add.
May be we could make a grouped order ? There is a German website which only sells to Germany according to my contact at MM in South Africa.
Maybe we could sort out a solution for collecting the money, process with the order and the expedition to the partipants…
One can always dream out loud…

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI @rovie, I am just checking the options to get a set of M&M seat covers. But single order for europe costs nearly 60% of the goods value...
Do you received any echo on your question regarding further orders from Germany?
Shipping was approx 40%. No echo.

Look also:

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi minidok. Same story here in France (Corsica to be precise). Shipping cost are nearly as much as the goods value. And there will be some custom fees to add.
May be we could make a grouped order ? There is a German website which only sells to Germany according to my contact at MM in South Africa.
Maybe we could sort out a solution for collecting the money, process with the order and the expedition to the partipants…
One can always dream out loud...
Salut, well it would make sense to do a kind of batch order. Even more, if there is a german site. Could you share that link?

Back
Top Bottom