The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
1698999421741.png
TOUGHER SEAT COVERS now available for the Ineos Grenadier.

At TOUGHER, we understand the essence of rugged, reliable vehicles like the Ineos vehicle. Our commitment to quality and durability drives us to create exceptional seat covers and accessories, engineered to safeguard your Ineos’s interior, even in the harshest of conditions. With Tougher, your vehicle’s upholstery remains as resilient as the day it rolled off the assembly line, ensuring that your Ineos and our products are the perfect match.

TOUGHER FABRIC
Tougher Seat Covers are meticulously crafted from a 100% Tough Polycotton Canvas material, renowned for its unparalleled strength and resilience. Comprising 100% authentic cotton, this fabric not only offers a refreshing, breathable, and comfortable feel but also benefits from the unique polycotton blend, reinforcing dimensional stability and preventing unsightly shrinkage. What sets our fabric apart is its specialized water-repellent coating, delivering an additional layer of defense against the elements, further enhancing its durability and ensuring your Ineos stays in prime condition throughout your adventures and daily journeys.
We also offer 100% Cotton Canvas options in Dove Grey and Light Khaki.

INEOS Tougher Seat Covers are available in:

- Tough Polycotton Charcoal fabric / Check it out Instagram reel & Charcoal video here.
- Tough Polycotton Light Khaki fabric / Check images below and the reels here and here.
- 100% Cotton Canvas in Dove Grey? Check it out Dove Grey images
- 100% Cotton Canvas in Light Khaki / Check it out Light Khaki seat covers here
(Please note the lead time is 7 to 10 days from date of order confirmation.)

We are based in South Africa, Cape Town, offering exceptional service and highly competitive pricing.
Contact Bryan with any queries regarding shipping and quotes: info@tougher.co.za / 021 879 3304 / www.tougher.co.za

We look forward to hearing from you.
Tougher Team

Attachments

• ineo 7.jpg
    ineo 7.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 367
  • inos 9.jpg
    inos 9.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 354
  • inoes 9.jpg
    inoes 9.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 334
  • inoe 10.jpg
    inoe 10.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Ineous G.jpg
    Ineous G.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 356
  • Ineous 2.jpg
    Ineous 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 368
  • Ineous .jpg
    Ineous .jpg
    118 KB · Views: 362
  • ineos 8.jpg
    ineos 8.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 359
  • ineos 5.jpg
    ineos 5.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 351
  • Ineos Grenadier Pricing.png
    Ineos Grenadier Pricing.png
    698.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Tougher Ineos Grenadier Info.png
    Tougher Ineos Grenadier Info.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
  • Tough Polycottom Light Khaki.jpg
    Tough Polycottom Light Khaki.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Ineos Colours .jpg
    Ineos Colours .jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (12).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (12).jpg
    353 KB · Views: 28
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (11).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (11).jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (10).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (10).jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (9).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (9).jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (8).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (8).jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Light Khaki Polycotton.jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (3).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (3).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (7).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (7).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (5).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (5).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (2).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (2).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
I didn't think that there are airbags in the Grenadier Recaro seats. Rather, the airbags are the curtain type in the A-pillar and along the ledge above the front doors... as well as in the steering wheel and the dashboard in front of the passenger....

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
I didn't think that there are airbags in the Grenadier Recaro seats. Rather, the airbags are the curtain type in the A-pillar and along the ledge above the front doors... as well as in the steering wheel and the dashboard in front of the passenger....
Maybe the 2024 US model is different, but we definitely have them. On the front seats they deploy outward toward the windows.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah so to clear it up, I had one of their first batches.
I received an email containing this

"Contrary to the initial data available to us, we are now aware that the Recaro seats in the Ineos Grenadier are fitted with side airbags. With this, we have to request that you please remove the front seat backrest covers at your earliest convenience. We will be preparing replacement backrest covers for you. Although the cover would visually appear no different to what you currently have, the new ones will incorporate a specially constructed seam on the airbag side that is designed to rupture in the unfortunate event of an accident, much like that of the original seat"

the compliant ones also have the tag now sewn near the airbag seam.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn't find any reference to Recaro airbags...(VINxxx2070 ) Am wondering if they're a later addition because of US market requirements...:unsure:

Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
I couldn't find any reference to Recaro airbags...(VINxxx2070 ) Am wondering if they're a later addition because of US market requirements...:unsure:

Airbags integrated into seats are not currently a requirement in the US. There are, however, federal side protection requirements, but these can be met in different ways - it is not necessary to have an airbag deploy out of a seat to meet the side protection requirement.

Source: https://www.iihs.org/topics/airbags

But this is what some regulators want for the future:

topic-future-airbag.jpg

I always knew that this movie was going to re-shape the world as we know it:

boy_in_bubble.jpg

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
The only times I've been in a car where the airbags have gone off I didn't even hit them. Either the forces weren't strong enough to hurl me forward or I'm tall enough that I'm sitting back far enough that they aren't big enough to make a difference. Yet to experience side curtains but they'd probably do more for me. The fronts are nothing but a waste of money to me, and unnecessary risk for powder burns to the arms and eyes.

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
My seat covers arrived today. Service+Quality (y) Also no additional custom/tax payment.
Installation: That is PIA. I managed the drivers seat. As already pointed out in post #117 the 3 straps that loop around the crossbar under the seat are quite short. So 10 cm more in length would make the installation much easier.
Will see if I can find a voluteer for the passenger seat. BTW, it gives my a dubios feeling when the labels are driver/passanger side and the country of origin is RHD. But they get it right for us LHD.

Tatum

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
My seat covers arrived today. Service+Quality (y) Also no additional custom/tax payment.
Installation: That is PIA. I managed the drivers seat. As already pointed out in post #117 the 3 straps that loop around the crossbar under the seat are quite short. So 10 cm more in length would make the installation much easier.
Will see if I can find a voluteer for the passenger seat. BTW, it gives my a dubios feeling when the labels are driver/passanger side and the country of origin is RHD. But they get it right for us LHD.
Hi there, so glad they arrived safely.
Regarding the extra 10cm in length on the straps - thank you very much for the feedback!
We have added that additional strapping with immediate effect so hopefully that will be easier.
Also please check out this video. It is not for the Ineos specifically but has the same fitment principles and if put on correctly will fit like a glove.
Hope it helps. :)
Thanks Tatum

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Regarding the extra 10cm in length on the straps - thank you very much for the feedback!
We have added that additional strapping with immediate effect so hopefully that will be easier.
Also please check out this video. It is not for the Ineos specifically but has the same fitment principles and if put on correctly will fit like a glove.
It is satisfactory experience that you take customers suggestions into account (y)
Reg. the video: @ 2:15 min: I wished installation of bottom cover would be also with elastic straps & hooks. But maybe it is not possible due to differnt seat design.

Tatum

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
It is satisfactory experience that you take customers suggestions into account (y)
Reg. the video: @ 2:15 min: I wished installation of bottom cover would be also with elastic straps & hooks. But maybe it is not possible due to differnt seat design.
Hi, we use the hook system when there are lots of holes in the base of the seat, however in the Ineos we use the bar so we can't use the hooks. It might've looked like elastic in the video but it is also webbing. :) I did a fitment yesterday and once you have done the driver's seat (which is slightly harder to do) the rest will seem easier. Good luck! I hope you get sorted with your fitment. Let me know. Tatum

Tatum

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Please check out our new video for the: Tougher Ineos Grenadier Seat Covers and Dash Cover.
I hope this gives you a better idea of:
- snug custom fit
- quality stitching
- features / pockets
- overall look

It does also come in a Light Khaki and Dove Grey colour.

Enjoy it and let us know what you think :)
Tatum
Ps It was amazing to be in the dealership surrounded by those beauties!

Last edited:

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today received the invoice for import duty and tax, was 82 € on top of the 280 € I paid to Tougher.

300chris

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
I just ordered at full set of seat covers and the spare tire cover. Total cost shipped to the US was just under $500. Tougher’s customer service and email response times are fantastic. Will post again once I get them installed

Kruegerruda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello,
I have received all the seat covers for my Grenadier, really great quality.

When fitting them, however, I failed to work out which belt goes where on the front seats. Are there any photos of which belts have to go where?

And: I routed the three long seat belts forward under the seat, but I'm worried that there might be problems with the seat heating cables.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to my set. A quick Youtube installation video might be helpful. Just something short showing where the straps would go. Just a thought.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom