The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Covers - Melville and Moon

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Another vote for the Carhartts. As others have said, the fit with these seems to be much better than with the M&M:

View attachment 7828210
They "look" better because they are foam backed. I've had the same made in AU. I've ordered the M&M so we'll see how they fit. Definitely much better than the OEM covers, especially after seeing them (OEM) on a newly delivered IG.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
And they are designed to allow a small amount of shrinkage on the first wash so a real snug fit after first drenching.
Apologies if I've not seen previous forum comments but keen to get hold of spare wheel cover with red A and 'grenadier' through the centre - as on
centre dashboard bezel / compass position.

Grenadierfella

Production/Transit
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
As some of you who have been here for a while will no doubt have realised I have been droning on about the seat covers from Melville and Moon since the start.

They are the sand coloured canvas ones used in the Ineos video in South Africa when Eluid Kipchoge drove it.

Anyway I have spoken to Steffi who runs the UK side of things and she has informed me that they have the patterns and have already got stock in sand and the grey duck canvas covers.

£440 for the fronts and £660 for the full set Inc. VAT and delivery.

These are aren’t cheap but are quality and will last years. (Edited as per Krabby’s suggestion 😀)
Hiya,

I have purchased the official front seat covers for my car and feel they are not very good, get in and out of your car 3 times and they come off at the base.

I have had to bush fix mine putting a bolt in the corners scrunching it together using a tie wrap doing the same on the opposite corner then tie wrapping the 2 corners together underneath the seat using more tie wraps. And hey presto since I have done this it’s not come off. Not something you should be doing given the price, you expect this sort of stuff from ones you purchase on eBay for £30 ish hopefully ineos will put this right.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hiya,

I have purchased the official front seat covers for my car and feel they are not very good, get in and out of your car 3 times and they come off at the base.

I have had to bush fix mine putting a bolt in the corners scrunching it together using a tie wrap doing the same on the opposite corner then tie wrapping the 2 corners together underneath the seat using more tie wraps. And hey presto since I have done this it’s not come off. Not something you should be doing given the price, you expect this sort of stuff from ones you purchase on eBay for £30 ish hopefully ineos will put this right.
Yes we’ve given up with our Ineos seat covers now repurposed as expensive sleeping bag covers for cold nights. The M&M covers are way better.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, I must be the only seat cover fanboy left, as mine fit just fine and don’t come loose.
Maybe that’s because I’ve modified my access/egress technique.
Sliding in and out will certainly affect the cover placement, but stepping in and out of the vehicle keeps the covers in place.
It’s also a little more dignified (for my wife),once mastered.
Without siderunners or rocksliders, then the above will be rendered null & void.

Best order a set of M&M’s……

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Well, I must be the only seat cover fanboy left, as mine fit just fine and don’t come loose.
Maybe that’s because I’ve modified my access/egress technique.
Sliding in and out will certainly affect the cover placement, but stepping in and out of the vehicle keeps the covers in place.
It’s also a little more dignified (for my wife),once mastered.
Without siderunners or rocksliders, then the above will be rendered null & void.

Best order a set of M&M’s……
Hi Gaston how have you modified your technique getting in and out?

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies for what may be a silly question - Is there any concern about the MM covers causing premature wear to the leather seats with normal usage? I'm considering something like this to cover my seats in the summer months when shuffling kids back and forth to the lake/beach. something to keep the excess sand and sunblock from getting all over the leather seats. Just wondering if long term usage would create friction against the leather underneath the covers?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies for what may be a silly question - Is there any concern about the MM covers causing premature wear to the leather seats with normal usage? I'm considering something like this to cover my seats in the summer months when shuffling kids back and forth to the lake/beach. something to keep the excess sand and sunblock from getting all over the leather seats. Just wondering if long term usage would create friction against the leather underneath the covers?
Probably no more than your bum wearing the leather. My worry would be colour transfer if you had the black M&M seat cover and the white (ops sorry grey) leather. Anyone getting in with a wet bum or wet back (with or without clothes, swimming or in a wet suit I mean) the black M & M colour might not be stable.
Unfortunately I've experience the problem with wet blue demin jeans on my almond leather seats when they were new.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As an aside - what color seems to look better in the flesh? The sand? How does the leather trim on the deluxe covers color match with the IA saddle leather?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another vote for the Carhartts. As others have said, the fit with these seems to be much better than with the M&M:

View attachment 7828210
As a bump to this thread, I just used online chat with Carhartt and as of Oct. 18, 2023 they have no plans to offer Grenadier seat covers.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As a bump to this thread, I just used online chat with Carhartt and as of Oct. 18, 2023 they have no plans to offer Grenadier seat covers.
Don't shoot the messenger 😁

Local time
Reaction score
Are the Grenadier seats one of the standard Recaro models, or are they unique to the Grenadier?

Back
Top Bottom