The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New aftermarket supplier: seat covers, mats, boot liners. Rubbertree (AU/NZ)

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
Rubbertree is a NZ and Australian business that has been working on interior accessories for the Grenadier for a while. Now available on the website.

Canvas and neoprene seat covers
Carpet and rubber mats
Boot/trunk liners
Free shipping within Australia.
This is not an endorsement. I have no affiliation with Rubbertree and have not seen any of their products.

Grenadier products @ Rubbertree

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rubbertree is a NZ and Australian business that has been working on interior accessories for the Grenadier for a while. Now available on the website.

Canvas and neoprene seat covers
Carpet and rubber mats
Boot/trunk liners
Free shipping within Australia.
This is not an endorsement. I have no affiliation with Rubbertree and have not seen any of their products.

Grenadier products @ Rubbertree
Thanks for that, have used their products on another vehicle and are great.

I have contacted greg at rubber tree and he has confirmed all seat covers aren't actually available yet.
They are in trial after having a customer bring a car In for design and fitment, and should have sets ready to order by the end of the month.
They have a good selection, I personally would like the denim, more breathable than the canvas and also has a 4mm backing for more comfort. just waiting to see what fit is like as a full set is $800 so do want them to be right.

Their mats are great too, however for the grenadier their rubber ones are just a honeycomb style with no border as such, so personally I think will just look a little home made.
however their carpet have a hemmed edge and will be quite neat.
Their mat templates do not include the drivers footrest.

hmm decision decisions.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I have contacted greg at rubber tree and he has confirmed all seat covers aren't actually available yet.
They are in trial after having a customer bring a car In for design and fitment, and should have sets ready to order by the end of the month.
They have a good selection, I personally would like the denim, more breathable than the canvas and also has a 4mm backing for more comfort. just waiting to see what fit is like as a full set is $800 so do want them to be right.

Their mats are great too, however for the grenadier their rubber ones are just a honeycomb style with no border as such, so personally I think will just look a little home made.

hmm decision decisions.
Good feedback, thank you. I spoke to Greg some weeks ago and he said to monitor the website. Sounds like they're close to production.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

hmm decision decisions.
Do you know if they will have pockets on the front seat covers?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope they or someone else manages to upload photos of the actual products installed. The website images are generic and there are quite a few specific details I would want to see before ordering. Namely how or whether the driver's mat covers the footrest, and how the rear cargo mat deals with the tiedown rails.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope they or someone else manages to upload photos of the actual products installed. The website images are generic and there are quite a few specific details I would want to see before ordering. Namely how or whether the driver's mat covers the footrest, and how the rear cargo mat deals with the tiedown rails.
they do not cover the right hand side drivers foot rest.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't see how the rear cargo mat can - so - needs to be removed if you want/need to have items tied down OR do what emax did with his custom made rubber mat with exposed utility rails.

Local time
Reaction score
image.jpg

This is the latest version from rubber tree installed in my car. They originally sent me the honeycomb type with a rubber backing and it was unusable, sliding all over the place. They then sent me this version which has some Velcro strips added to secure the thin edges. Have only had it one day but seems to work well so far. Did a few km with items in the back and they didn’t slide around.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of custom sand canvas covers from Tougher in South Africa. Lots of pockets and clever storage. Should arrive in about a week. So far, the best I’ve seen… for my purposes and taste!

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
they do not cover the right hand side drivers foot rest.
I’m bewildered by the fact that all the floor mat options so far seem to omit the footrest. I mean FFS that’s exactly the spot where your dirty boot sits!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m bewildered by the fact that all the floor mat options so far seem to omit the footrest. I mean FFS that’s exactly the spot where your dirty boot sits!
To be fair, if you have dirty boots you really don’t want to be plonking them on carpet floor mats. But the rubber jobs should cover it absolutely. I’d be after something like my existing moulded Sandgrabbers I think.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair, if you have dirty boots you really don’t want to be plonking them on carpet floor mats. But the rubber jobs should cover it absolutely. I’d be after something like my existing moulded Sandgrabbers I think.
Yes, it's the rubber mats I'm really annoyed about. They have one job to do...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Wipe it clean , it's just shiny plastic!

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bunnings , velcro , rubber sheet = the satisfaction of DIY!
I get satisfaction from good design more than DIY rectifications. Plus I've already DIYed my Ineos rubber mats and I'm still feeling unfulfilled.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I get satisfaction from good design more than DIY rectifications. Plus I've already DIYed my Ineos rubber mats and I'm still feeling unfulfilled.
Well soon I'll be taking delivery of my non Ineos rubber mats that I believe are the most functional ones available.
But I left the footrest all nice and shiny and plasticky, which for my dirty purposes is the best design :)

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well soon I'll be taking delivery of my non Ineos rubber mats that I believe are the most functional ones available.
But I left the footrest all nice and shiny and plasticky, which for my dirty purposes is the best design :)
And which ones are they that you are getting?
Perhaps the complaints of footrest intrusion have left companies not wanting to intrude anymore haha

Back
Top Bottom