The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Melvill & Moon

Melvill & Moon seat covers are now available for the Grenadier.

image002.png
Melvill & Moon pioneered the use of removable, washable, 100% canvas seat covers for the 4x4 and farm vehicle market over 24 years ago.
With seat cover manufacture now a growing industry, our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry.

Our seat covers are water repellant, rot-proofed, fully washable and handmade from natural cotton.
They are breathable, cool and comfortable to sit on.

Melvill & Moon Seat Cover backstory

Since 1998 our Seat Cover department has been an important leg of the business. The original seat covers that inspired us were on the East African bush planes ferrying visitors and gear in and out of Nairobi’s Wilson airport to far flung lodges and camps across East Africa.
Our approach was to put quality vehicle specific tailor made design around this idea.
And so it was that Melvill & Moon kicked off a manufacturing industry in 1999. Our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry. To this day we still work hard to stay ahead, bring you the latest developments and patterns for the latest car releases.

1681753761240.png

seat-covers-anotomy2.jpeg

seat-covers-anotomy3.jpeg

Forum prices are as follows and include vat and only apply to UK orders/deliveries

• Front seat covers pair £440 RRP usually £480 now including the console cover
  • Front and rear seat covers £730 (including a free spare wheel cover) RRP usually £780 now including back pockets
  • The spare wheel cover £99 RRP usually £120 for both the solid cover and the donut cover (lockbox option)
  • The dashboard cover £155 RRP usually £175

Colour options are charcoal grey or sand

Please contact Steffi Halm directly when ordering to confirm secure the forum prices and or any afford bundle discounts.

steffi@melvillandmoon.com
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 11.23.01 AM.png

Attachments

• 1681755248866.png
    1681755248866.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
Stu - I love the M&M seat covers and will probably get some - what really interested me from these photos though is the rubber boot liner. Where did that come from? Been looking everywhere and cant find a UK supplier.
Not sure - I know some guys found an applicable generic one at Aldi and cut them to spec.

I'm hoping WeatherTech or Husky come out with IG stuff.

Last edited:

Mdubs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stu - I love the M&M seat covers and will probably get some - what really interested me from these photos though is the rubber boot liner. Where did that come from? Been looking everywhere and cant find a UK supplier.
I’m also interest in this

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tried to place my order with M&M for front and rear covers (Premium) as well as the spare tyre cover. All I got was an email from them saying that they would contact me to handle specifics. So far, (2 days) no one has contacted me. Do I need to call them directly?
When asked about including the spare tyre cover in my order, I have not received a response. There seems to be no way to pay for both types of covers on the web site. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the lack of response is frustrating.

Gibby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tried to place my order with M&M for front and rear covers (Premium) as well as the spare tyre cover. All I got was an email from them saying that they would contact me to handle specifics. So far, (2 days) no one has contacted me. Do I need to call them directly?
When asked about including the spare tyre cover in my order, I have not received a response. There seems to be no way to pay for both types of covers on the web site. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the lack of response is frustrating.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I sent an email too in hopes of maybe setting up a group buy to save on shipping; I have not yet received a reply.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Good luck,. I sent multiple emails , including a follow up to Seat Order Form.. and nothing but silence.

I am hoping there may be a US buy group. May be a 'safety in numbers' attitude is warranted.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:19 AM
Reaction score
I was always planning on spending my hard earned cash with M&M, however all that has just changed.

I've just placed my order for Tougher seat, dash and wheel cover with bag. I really like how the spare wheel cover has an option for a bag, which fits my OZBraai perfectly. Storage is a premium in the Grenadier, so I'm looking at every opportunity to add more.

At Tougher, Bryan has been amazing to deal with, is prompt and very responsive. Their products are very similar, however with M&M I feel like you're paying premium for an established brand, whereas Tougher gives you longer warranty. Now that my order is placed, I'm looking forward to my khaki Coloured covers to go with my MM car (which is still at the dealership waiting to get picked up next week 😊).

Happy times

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was always planning on spending my hard earned cash with M&M, however all that has just changed.

I've just placed my order for Tougher seat, dash and wheel cover with bag. I really like how the spare wheel cover has an option for a bag, which fits my OZBraai perfectly. Storage is a premium in the Grenadier, so I'm looking at every opportunity to add more.

At Tougher, Bryan has been amazing to deal with, is prompt and very responsive. Their products are very similar, however with M&M I feel like you're paying premium for an established brand, whereas Tougher gives you longer warranty. Now that my order is placed, I'm looking forward to my khaki Coloured covers to go with my MM car (which is still at the dealership waiting to get picked up next week 😊).

Happy times
I am drawn to MM because of the leather trim. My wife is not tall, nor am I, so we tend to slide off the seat upon exiting the vehicle. The outer leather bit will help that and hopefully limit the wear and tear on the bolster.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My guess is M&M are overwhelmed by the demand on their seat covers since the Grenadier came to market + will likely only get worse when US takes delivery.

For context: I first contacted them at the end of August via processing an order request on their website (probably took a few days for me to receive a response, but I don't think it was more than a 1.5 weeks), played email tag for a few more days, and it was on September 6th that I actually submitted payment through a link in email from one of their sales people. Only 2 weeks ago I received an email from M&M saying that my covers were going into QC and if all was correct, it would then be prepared for shipping - and that I should be on the lookout for DHL tracking notifications. Finally, last week I noticed the DHL emails - and I believe I should be receiving the covers sometime over the next couple of days (pending delays).

My point being - it's been a solid 3 months since the day I ordered (tomorrow) - and I paid upfront! They seem like a small mom and pop type of company, so you probably should reset expectations on responses and timing, as I imagine they're not cut from the same cultural cloth as the rest of us in expecting near real-time/on-demand product delivery. Otherwise, I'd say it's probably best to purchase covers from an alternative.

Gibby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Happy times
Thank you for the recommendation!

Gibby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
M&M just got back to me in an attempt to confirm my order. I responded but I have not heard back. Maybe this week.

Mdubs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Need some help with the front cover installation. I couldn’t figure out how/where to route the straps that are at the bottom of the seat backs. Anyone have any pics or advice how to tighten up the bottoms?

Attachments

• IMG_1983.jpeg
    IMG_1983.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1982.jpeg
    IMG_1982.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1984.jpeg
    IMG_1984.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75

cmurray

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Mdubs
I connected the straps that you push between the seat base and the backrest to the buckles at the front of the backrest. The straps from the side of the seat base, I ran underneath to the buckles at the bottom of the backrest.
I hope this makes sense.

Regards
Craig Murray

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
Likewise.
Just take an extra ten minutes each side to stretch/tension/adjust to suit.
Mine have been fitted six months now and haven’t moved, the quality is excellent, there. Is not a mark on them.

Mdubs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Mdubs
I connected the straps that you push between the seat base and the backrest to the buckles at the front of the backrest. The straps from the side of the seat base, I ran underneath to the buckles at the bottom of the backrest.
I hope this makes sense.

Regards
Craig Murray
Craig, I did that too but I can’t seem to get the fabric tight where the back rest meets the base. Any chance you could send me some pics of what your straps look like underneath and from the back? Thanks!

cmurray

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Craig, I did that too but I can’t seem to get the fabric tight where the back rest meets the base. Any chance you could send me some pics of what your straps look like underneath and from the back? Thanks!
I'm struggling to get a good photo.

1000006586.jpgAre you able to pay some photos and I'll compare?

Regards
Craig Murray

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm struggling to get a good photo.

View attachment 7837952Are you able to pay some photos and I'll compare?

Regards
Craig Murray
I got my covers today and absolutely love them. See a few pics below. I unfortunately/fortunately left the installation instructions at home and had to work it out.

20240102_181009.jpg
20240102_181109.jpg
20240102_181027.jpg

I couldn't get a decent picture to help, but will try and draft something up.

Back
Top Bottom