The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Melvill & Moon

Melvill & Moon seat covers are now available for the Grenadier.

image002.png
Melvill & Moon pioneered the use of removable, washable, 100% canvas seat covers for the 4x4 and farm vehicle market over 24 years ago.
With seat cover manufacture now a growing industry, our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry.

Our seat covers are water repellant, rot-proofed, fully washable and handmade from natural cotton.
They are breathable, cool and comfortable to sit on.

Melvill & Moon Seat Cover backstory

Since 1998 our Seat Cover department has been an important leg of the business. The original seat covers that inspired us were on the East African bush planes ferrying visitors and gear in and out of Nairobi’s Wilson airport to far flung lodges and camps across East Africa.
Our approach was to put quality vehicle specific tailor made design around this idea.
And so it was that Melvill & Moon kicked off a manufacturing industry in 1999. Our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry. To this day we still work hard to stay ahead, bring you the latest developments and patterns for the latest car releases.

1681753761240.png

seat-covers-anotomy2.jpeg

seat-covers-anotomy3.jpeg

Forum prices are as follows and include vat and only apply to UK orders/deliveries

• Front seat covers pair £440 RRP usually £480 now including the console cover
  • Front and rear seat covers £730 (including a free spare wheel cover) RRP usually £780 now including back pockets
  • The spare wheel cover £99 RRP usually £120 for both the solid cover and the donut cover (lockbox option)
  • The dashboard cover £155 RRP usually £175

Colour options are charcoal grey or sand

Please contact Steffi Halm directly when ordering to confirm secure the forum prices and or any afford bundle discounts.

steffi@melvillandmoon.com
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 11.23.01 AM.png

Attachments

• 1681755248866.png
    1681755248866.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
I won’t get the tire cover (want to get a custom one with club logo) but I can’t imagine removing it will reduce the shipping costs that much.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I won’t get the tire cover (want to get a custom one with club logo) but I can’t imagine removing it will reduce the shipping costs that much.
They threw the tire cover in for free for me. I’m sure they would throw it in for free for anyone else also. I dealt with James Melvill directly, very nice dude!!!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Before I spend a small fortune on what I think are the best looking seat covers, those who have them - are they worth it? I would be looking at the ones with the leather trim.
Hi @Krabby , I decided in favour of the covers with the leather trim. I don't regret it and for me they are worth the money.
When getting in and out of the saddle, you keep slipping over the edge, so this area is very stressed. I think that leather is more resistant to this than canvas.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Krabby , I decided in favour of the covers with the leather trim. I don't regret it and for me they are worth the money.
When getting in and out of the saddle, you keep slipping over the edge, so this area is very stressed. I think that leather is more resistant to this than canvas.
My thoughts exactly. I just fired off an email inquiring about cost of getting a set Stateside and also asking if shipping rates could be adjusted if multiple sets were ordered in a group- buy style purchase.

cmurray

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Hello @Krabby
I had a quote for one set of seat covers back in June. The postage to Australia was going to be about 6500 RAND. For the group buy I organised in November for five seat covers, the postage was about 17500 RAND, so the group buy is definitely worth it.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Before I spend a small fortune on what I think are the best looking seat covers, those who have them - are they worth it? I would be looking at the ones with the leather trim.
They are 100% worth it. Best seat covers i've ever seen.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
Very happy with my M&M, Sand seat covers but feel price wise, they are right at the top of what I could justify having paid. I got the standard version with spare wheel cover via this forum. Think I paid something like £650.00 all in. The ‘Tougher’ version looks like being serious competition however, at time of ordering I wasn’t aware of them. I suppose the benefit of the M&M version would be the track record and the knowledge that you won’t be disappointed.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Centre console cover in charcoal

As I don't have a centre console lid in my version I am now the proud owner of a spare centre console M&M dark charcoal cover for the lid. Happy to pass onto anyone who may want one. The seat covers and doughnut wheel cover are fantastic. DM me and I will pop it in the post.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Centre console cover in charcoal

As I don't have a centre console lid in my version I am now the proud owner of a spare centre console M&M dark charcoal cover for the lid. Happy to pass onto anyone who may want one. The seat covers and doughnut wheel cover are fantastic. DM me and I will pop it in the post.
How come you don't have one, did you remove or was it not standard on your order?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ECrider Doesn't come with the UW version - I just have a deep tray area with no lid sitting behind the cup holders
tks Tomdoc, I wasn't aware of that. I presume because the full length cargo barrier that sits behind the front seats means you cannot have a lid as you would not be able to lift it.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
tks Tomdoc, I wasn't aware of that. I presume because the full length cargo barrier that sits behind the front seats means you cannot have a lid as you would not be able to lift it.
Lockable centre console is an option on the utility wagon. I have it on my mine 👍🏼

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Out of interest, did anyone find the front head rests impossible to fit? Mine seem 10% too small, so I can't attach the velcro.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Out of interest, did anyone find the front head rests impossible to fit? Mine seem 10% too small, so I can't attach the velcro.
yes very tight fit. I've managed about 2/3's of the velcro with lots of pulling. Haven't budged though.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also fought. But they lost. 💪

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom