The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Covers - Melville and Moon

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Just asked M&M whether the tyre cover will fit both;

Standard set: 265/70/17 which gives a diameter of 31.6" and a circumference of 99.2" (803 / 2520 mm)
Second set: 285/70/17 = 32.7" and 102.7" (831 / 2609 mm)

waiting to hear back

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ECrider have I missed something 🤔 are you going for bigger tyres.
hi, yes, will fit m/t from Sept thru to around May/Jun every year, depending on the weather. I will pick m/t in 33" i.e 285/70/17 and see how they fair.
Will keep the a/t for summer and perhaps trips to alps in winter.

well, thats the plan anyhow.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
Is Ineos selling the Grenadier in China? If so, there will be plenty of cheap accessories offered.

Geordie Hillbilly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The ones I have seen have, not Grenadier specific, carry this label:

View attachment 7810972
So I guess it may be worth understanding which statement is the one that applies.
Looks like a fairly standard liability waiver, i.e. the product is designed to work with airbags, but in the event it does not allow the airbag (or any other system for that matter) to work as originally intended, they accept no liability. Would be best for them to clarify that as you say though because it does seem to contradict what is on the website.

Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Much time has passed since the last post on this thread. Any other photos (in addition to post #24) from customers who have fitted M&M seat covers to their own Grenadier?

Any pro's and con's which have become apparent after purchase and fitting to the vehicle?

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fitted the M&M seat covers 1500 miles ago and they haven’t moved yet.
As expected, heavy duty construction, there is no elasticaction, all the securing is done by tensioning straps and buckles. With the exception of the rear seat backs which are wrapped completely around the back and secured with wide Velcro seams. Everything fits snuggly and will probably take you around an hour to do a secure job. Just watch out for the wires/components under the front seat cushions as the tension straps pass underneath to the buckles at the back.
Photos attached, just ignore the bottle of Mead in the drivers seat rear pocket, purely medicinal.
IMG_0307.jpegIMG_0306.jpegIMG_0305.jpegIMG_0304.jpeg

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As expected, heavy duty construction, there is no elasticaction, all the securing is done by tensioning straps and buckles. With the exception of the rear seat backs which are wrapped completely around the back and secured with wide Velcro seams. Everything fits snuggly and will probably take you around an hour to do a secure job. Just watch out for the wires/components under the front seat cushions as the tension straps pass underneath to the buckles at the back.
Photos attached, just ignore the bottle of Mead in the drivers seat rear pocket, purely medicinal.
View attachment 7820421View attachment 7820422View attachment 7820423View attachment 7820424
Are they charcoal? I have yet to fit mine (they turned up this morning) but look a lot darker than these!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7820421View attachment 7820422View attachment 7820423View attachment 7820424
Do you have heated seats? If so, have you tested how well they work with the covers on? I’m not big on using them, the Mrs. on the other hand uses hers all the time.

internal

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Do you have heated seats? If so, have you tested how well they work with the covers on? I’m not big on using them, the Mrs. on the other hand uses hers all the time.
When I look at the second picture: No, it does not have heated seats

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are they charcoal? I have yet to fit mine (they turned up this morning) but look a lot darker than these!
Yes charcoal, depends on the viewing/camera conditions.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Never thought to put some photos on, had mine on for around a month, and love them.

If I had to be super critical I would say the head rest covers could do with having an extra 10mm on the securing tabs, to be absolutely perfect.

The back seat go on a dream and the fronts benefit with taking an extra 10 mins per seat to fettle them into position. From my photos you can see some ruffling but I finessed that out afterwards with the help of the Mrs.

I know prefer them than the actual seats and think they lift the interior.

Attachments

• IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3139.jpeg
    IMG_3139.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 106

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
If anybody has a spare wheelcover and doesn’t need it, I might be interested ...
Thank you

Local time
Reaction score
Some could argue that IA didn’t use their own seat covers in their own promotional video but instead chose to use these instead.

It’s each to their own and I know they are doing the charcoal version in the same canvas but to me these look the dogs danglies
Logos, logos logos. and also Logon ON logos....

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Logos, logos logos. and also Logon ON logos....

I am sure that makes perfect sense to you sir. It’s lost on me though !

Are logo’s good or bad ?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am sure that makes perfect sense to you sir. It’s lost on me though !

Are logo’s good or bad ?
I suppose it depends who's on what.
You can have "Belstaff" on a waxed jacket, but not "Aldi" on a shopping bag.

Back
Top Bottom