The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Covers - Melville and Moon

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Have we seen MMs in a Grenadier?
The Website does not give much info on fitting, so I wonder, if someone out there already put them on?
In the vendors section there’s images of the fitted covers. I have a few more if anyone’s interested.

Also the uk sold out of its allocation of the covers and they had to order more from SA. So they are proving to be popular.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
In the vendors section there’s images of the fitted covers. I have a few more if anyone’s interested.

Also the uk sold out of its allocation of the covers and they had to order more from SA. So they are proving to be popular.
I do like those covers in the sand finish.

Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Thanks they are very nice. I’ll cancel my seat covers and wait till I see them in the flesh before ordering. May go for M&M though 😍
Hi, I have been using Melvill & Moon seat covers on my Land Rover Defenders for years - simply the best! And yes, they are airbag compatible in order to comply with Grenadier specifications.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I feel an order coming on. Will leave the Ineos ones at Jardines if they look even half as crap as the ones above. Sand inside and black for the wheel cover with a flap added.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What particularly are people not liking?

I have to say, I think the material looks an improvement on earlier versions, fit is not too bad; and at the end of the day, they're seat covers designed to keep the mud & dirt off your seats...

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I have to say, I think the material looks an improvement on earlier versions, fit is too bad; and at the end of the day, they're seat covers designed to keep the mud & dirt off your seats...
I’ll live with the ones I’ve ordered but will get M&M for Sunday best 👍🏼

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I have to say, I think the material looks an improvement on earlier versions, fit is too bad; and at the end of the day, they're seat covers designed to keep the mud & dirt off your seats...

The fit looks very poor in my opinion. I don't want to feel I'm sitting on a sloppy beach towel. Maybe they are fine, but they do look crap from those photos. I do remember seeing some that looked like a better fit however. Having said that, the M&M ones look tiptop and I like the pockets on them. Also, Steffi has replied already which I think is a sure sign that the company is well run and beyond expectations.

Also think the sand cover is cracking.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll live with the ones I’ve ordered but will get M&M for Sunday best 👍🏼
Do you have to live with the ones ordered? If they are not what you hoped for, are they not refundable? I'm sure if they do not arrive with the vehicle, you will be able to knock them back. £600.00 a set seems a lot for Sunday best. By the way. If you are off to SA with your Grenadier I think you will find them substantially cheaper over there.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have to live with the ones ordered? If they are not what you hoped for, are they not refundable? I'm sure if they do not arrive with the vehicle, you will be able to knock them back. £600.00 a set seems a lot for Sunday best. By the way. If you are off to SA with your Grenadier I think you will find them substantially cheaper over there.
Your right. If the Grenadier arrives without them then I will cancel. Good call on South Africa yes they may well be cheaper there. . Fingers crossed we aim to ship in September for Oct start of tour.

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Your right. If the Grenadier arrives without them then I will cancel. Good call on South Africa yes they may well be cheaper there. . Fingers crossed we aim to ship in September for Oct start of tour.

So £20 eBay or halford specials until you get to SAand swap them out. Once you are there you will find there are three or four suppliers of very similar covers in SA.

Have a quick google.

Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
To be fair to the photos I posted, it does look like the person who put them on didn't spend any time "dressing" them for best effect.

And I have to wonder, with prototype vehicles running around with Melville & Moon branded spare wheel covers, just who did supply those OEM covers? They look very similar to these:

View attachment 7798613
View attachment 7798614
View attachment 7798615
View attachment 7798612

which are Melville & Moon Bokseil Agricultural Grade hard wearing Ripstop seat covers.

curb-your-enthusiam08.jpg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would stick with the Ineos seat covers if they came in that lovely sand colour that the M&M ones do.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yikes.

On another topic, I have some burlap sacks for sale that can be tossed over a seat, and upon which, one can place one's ass. Special price, only $999.99
At $1999.99 those could the PPESC - or Porsche Performance Engineered Seat Covers like they use on the LMP cars...

Back
Top Bottom