The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Texas Houston) 21-23 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
I'm no longer living in TX, but hope IA is serious about who they select as a rep I'm terms of restricting ADM's. I came across these guys today on Instagram who attended the drive event and posted about some level of interest in being a sales rep. That Raptor in the picture feed? It basically has a $30k ADM attached. I'd drive a 1000 miles before supporting that. It's funny they are selling the Bronco as used when it has 15 miles on it.

Screenshot_20230223-221951.png

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
I’m still confused as to the nomenclature with the models. I see PT – 02 on some of the back windows, isn’t that the same level of prototype that we’ve seen here before? So these are not production cars? How closely are they related?

Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
I’m still confused as to the nomenclature with the models. I see PT – 02 on some of the back windows, isn’t that the same level of prototype that we’ve seen here before? So these are not production cars? How closely are they related?
I believe two levels removed from production. PT-03 and then production. Don't think I've seen a PT-04 reference.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
It isn't prototype it is Production Try-out
So it should really be PTO 2304
not PT02304

Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
I made it out there yesterday and I am glad I did. Incidentally, this was my first trip to Texas.

I was impressed. It seems like a very nice vehicle and is much more solid in how it feels that my bronco. It is much closer to a Lexus LX. There was no on-road driving, but it did very well off-road. I thought the interior was nice, and the Fieldmaster I was in had the safari windows, which did not get hot despite it being warm and sunny. Also, the rear seat has plenty of space (I'm 5'10 and had no trouble). Doors are also some of the most solid and heavy I have ever felt on a car.

One thing I noticed is that the pedals are at an unusual angle--kind of like the pedals you see on a bus rather than a car in that they are around 60 degrees to the floor instead of 90 degrees. This took some getting used to. The brakes are also extremely light in their feel to the point where the pedal does not feel to be connected to anything. I'm not sure if this is a prototype issue.

What I noticed more than anything is that the dark colors (green, burgundy, navy) are all very dark, to the point where they look black in anything other than direct sunlight. Even in direct sunlight, you have to look closely to determine just which color it is. I still prefer the dark colors, as the lighter colors have too much contrast with all of the black plastic bits on the car.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
I expected more skid plates--almost like the LR4. At least a nice, thick plate to protect the plastic transmission pan.
And the plate underneath the gas tank seemed pretty robust. I was told this gas plate has a point on it that is the lowest on the undercarriage for ground clearance.

Michael Gain

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And the plate underneath the gas tank seemed pretty robust. I was told this gas plate has a point on it that is the lowest on the undercarriage for ground clearance.
I meant that there is NO skid for the transmission and that I would prefer one. Yes, it's recessed between cross members, but that does not prevent a lucky rock, stick, road debris from ventilating the transmission pan 😁

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The guide at the event said that there isn't a need for a transmission plate because its tucked up high enough. The gas tank looks like it has a thin plate, but actually, its hiding more robust tube protection.

Michael Gain

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The guide at the event said that there isn't a need for a transmission plate because its tucked up high enough. The gas tank looks like it has a thin plate, but actually, its hiding more robust tube protection.

I'm sure the guide has some good expertise and good to know about the gas tank skid.

I'll still be fabricating a transmission plate for ours. Cheap insurance against the unknown.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Of course, this is the fun part of owning a truck like the Gren, modifying to your hearts desire. All the guides seemed to be professionals. The test drive guide I was paired up with trains military personnel for right hand truck driving, mostly Toyotas. And the guide for the walk around is an ex-racer that does consults with several big name car companies. Overall a great event. Sidenote, there were some Ineos employees there, and they said Ineos started the test drive in Houston because they have a huge presence here. 4 plant and over 3000 employees. I didn't even realize. The port of Houston is used by a lot of car manufacturer, I wonder if that's the port of entry for the Gerandier.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I read somewhere (could have been on here) that IA is going to be offering more underside protection options at a later date.

Local time
Reaction score
I made it out there yesterday and I am glad I did. Incidentally, this was my first trip to Texas.

I was impressed. It seems like a very nice vehicle and is much more solid in how it feels that my bronco. It is much closer to a Lexus LX. There was no on-road driving, but it did very well off-road. I thought the interior was nice, and the Fieldmaster I was in had the safari windows, which did not get hot despite it being warm and sunny. Also, the rear seat has plenty of space (I'm 5'10 and had no trouble). Doors are also some of the most solid and heavy I have ever felt on a car.

One thing I noticed is that the pedals are at an unusual angle--kind of like the pedals you see on a bus rather than a car in that they are around 60 degrees to the floor instead of 90 degrees. This took some getting used to. The brakes are also extremely light in their feel to the point where the pedal does not feel to be connected to anything. I'm not sure if this is a prototype issue.

What I noticed more than anything is that the dark colors (green, burgundy, navy) are all very dark, to the point where they look black in anything other than direct sunlight. Even in direct sunlight, you have to look closely to determine just which color it is. I still prefer the dark colors, as the lighter colors have too much contrast with all of the black plastic bits on the car.
That is really interesting, I noticed the dark colors are REALLY dark as well, even had to walk over and dust of green/blue/black to figure out the actual color. The plastic transmission pan was really the only thing that stood out as weak spot. If you were there you saw it but the pics show that it is reasonably well tucked in there. Looks like a great aftermarket opportunity.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So did they talk about the next step on money and timeframe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom