The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Texas Dallas Fort Worth) 27 Feb - 01 Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
If you're going let people know, if you don't know anything about this event and think that you should have been notified, then tell INEOS Automotive..........

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 10.29.08 AM.png

Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
A perfect day and place to finally drive the Grenadier. I couldn't be happier! I got to drive a Fieldmaster in Shale Blue almost exactly like the one I optioned in the configurator. The off-road park had a great mix of terrain. We had some steep climbs and descent over rocky and rutted terrain, and more than a few mud holes to ford with the recent rain. It felt solid and capable in all situations. The brake felt a little spongey at first, and I somehow made a warning gong go off a couple of times, but those were the only real quirks. I was also surprised how well it is geared in 4 low.

The staff was super helpful but there was no new information that hasn't already been shared before.

Attachments

• IMG_6195.jpeg
    IMG_6195.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6194.jpeg
    IMG_6194.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6193.jpeg
    IMG_6193.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6192.jpeg
    IMG_6192.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6191.jpeg
    IMG_6191.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6190.jpeg
    IMG_6190.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6189.jpeg
    IMG_6189.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6199.jpeg
    IMG_6199.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 70

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures.....did they have a donny grey there?

That Slate Blue looks sharp in the sun.

Local time
Reaction score
I think the one under the tent was donny grey. I failed to take a picture of that one. And yes, the sun really affected my perspective on the colors compared to what you see in the configurator.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
Just back from driving and a new tidbit I learned (if I've missed it elsewhere and it's common knowledge, sorry) is that in NA we won't have the option of starting from scratch when ordering. We're going to be starting from a Fieldmaster/Trialmaster level. If this is true, I'm really disappointed. I get it from a build and profit standpoint, but there are things on both that I don't want. It'll base at ~$75k if we're starting with those trims.

Has anyone else heard this? 😔

Still really like it and the idea of it, but uggh.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Just back from driving and a new tidbit I learned (if I've missed it elsewhere and it's common knowledge, sorry) is that in NA we won't have the option of starting from scratch when ordering. We're going to be starting from a Fieldmaster/Trialmaster level. If this is true, I'm really disappointed. I get it from a build and profit standpoint, but there are things on both that I don't want. It'll base at ~$75k if we're starting with those trims.

I hope Ineos buy you drinks and a meal first
It certainly sounds like you are getting screwed.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The guide told us that we'd be able to order stuff from the Fieldmaster and Trailmaster individually. We didn't have to buy either package. That's what he implied to our group.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score

First time I've heard this one, but the drive events are just starting in the USA. I'm on all the Ineos Grenadier failbook groups, although I haven't checked them as often since joining this forum.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How long were you able to test drive?
It was about 20 minutes. All low range locked center diff except for the 1/2 mile or so drive back when he let us put it in high range. Gearing felt good.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The guide told us that we'd be able to order stuff from the Fieldmaster and Trailmaster individually. We didn't have to buy either package. That's what he implied to our group.
Ours did as well, but he was vague. My take was that you could, for example, put steelies on a Fieldmaster, but I guarantee it'll be a no cost swap; still money in their pocket. Kinda like deleting A/C in a GT series Porsche.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Ours did as well, but he was vague. My take was that you could, for example, put steelies on a Fieldmaster, but I guarantee it'll be a no cost swap; still money in their pocket. Kinda like deleting A/C in a GT series Porsche.
Go on the configurator, select United States as the country and go to town on different configurations.
This helps avoid/minimise changes after you have placed an order

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Trialmaster seems most of what I want except for a snorkel, which is literally a bit over the top. But I guess you could swap it out?

Steel wheels are no longer an option on the Fieldmaster in the US at least. I think they were there before.

Last edited:

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Go on the configurator, select United States as the country and go to town on different configurations.
This helps avoid/minimise changes after you have placed an order

Dave - So when it comes time to order you can take a configuration you have saved and simply convert it to an order?

I was thinking we would have to build a new order from scratch. The the order process is different than saving various configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom