The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Los Angeles Region California) 07-09 Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
That other Rivian driver must not have put his in Rally mode on the way in and out, no comparison to the slow lumbering Grenadier. The Grenadier will make a great overlanding vehicle for me. But everywhere else, from fireroads to the freeway i’ll take the Rivian! Sorry to the Rav4 just coming in as we went out through a puddle at speed, splashing you ;).View attachment 7805686
That is someone looking to compare ground clearance but also doesn't understand the difference between live axles and Independent suspension.

Last edited:
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
Based on your current garage of cars why would you need another vehicle. At least you are offsetting with an electric. 👍🤪

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am the one who doesn’t understand.
I don't know, do you? When one side suspension is being compressed the Live axles push the other wheel up causing the vehicle to have greater clearance over rough terrain A IS which I also drive causes the bottom of vehicle ground clearance to stay the same when going over rocks since only the wheel being pushed goes up. You tend to scrap the bottom more with an IS than live axles. So comparing the ground clearance of two vehicles that have different suspension setups doesn't paint the whole picture.

Local time
Reaction score
Good to know this forum has trolls too.

I said nothing about ground clearance or articulation. Look up what Rally mode is, and then read what I wrote. Rally mode has nothing to do with clearance, it’s a mode that disables stability control and changes the dynamics of the 4 individual motors, allowing for some spirited and fun driving on dirt roads like the one leading to the event location. But you knew that… and I am sure such an upstanding citizen as yourself will admit your error, and a budding friendship will bloom between us, sharing funny trail stories around a camp fire and long into the night.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Good to know this forum has trolls too.

I said nothing about ground clearance or articulation. Look up what Rally mode is, and then read what I wrote. Rally mode has nothing to do with clearance, it’s a mode that disables stability control and changes the dynamics of the 4 individual motors, allowing for some spirited and fun driving on dirt roads like the one leading to the event location. But you knew that… and I am sure such an upstanding citizen as yourself will admit your error, and a budding friendship will bloom between us, sharing funny trail stories around a camp fire and long into the night.
Did not know that Rivian has a rally mode. In my 20's I just drove my WRX STI in normal mode which is basically rally mode.

Not trolling, just pointing out that the posted picture made it look like someone was stunting in front of the Grenadier. I am sorry if I offended you. I look forward to cracking a beer with you

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score
Hill descent speed is adjustable… was a bit quick going down our first hill, so clicked it back to about 2mph on the second.
When you first set it does it tell you what speed it's set to?
Sadly reading many reviewers that say the steering is horrific on road - hopefully they address.
Do you feel they need to?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
Why are we still looking at prototypes and not actual, real production vehicles? They are supposedly making them, and maybe (?) delivering them in the EU. Are we not going to see an actual production vehicle before the next cash-money transaction? Before we have to sign a contract for one? I know our EU/AUS brethren did it, but frankly there shouldn’t be a reason for us in the US to have to.

I’m worried on the lack of production car delivery. It’s March now. We are what? 2-5 months behind. And behind is OK, but if there were at least IGs in people garages, I’d take some comfort in. This whole thing could still implode.

Yes, I’m going to be “That Guy” at the event.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Why are we still looking at prototypes and not actual, real production vehicles? They are supposedly making them, and maybe (?) delivering them in the EU. Are we not going to see an actual production vehicle before the next cash-money transaction? Before we have to sign a contract for one? I know our EU/AUS brethren did it, but frankly there shouldn’t be a reason for us in the US to have to.

I’m worried on the lack of production car delivery. It’s March now. We are what? 2-5 months behind. And behind is OK, but if there were at least IGs in people garages, I’d take some comfort in. This whole thing could still implode.

Yes, I’m going to be “That Guy” at the event.
We are starting to see production vehicles in dealers in UK, Europe and on the water coming to Australia
No customers have been delivered vehicles yet and there are no production vehicles available for test drives.
Black Sheep Innovations confirmed they have a final production vehicle for developing accessories on but not for test drives.
We are currently about 12 months behind on production schedule
The final US spec hasn't even been finalised so that would make it impossible for you to have US spec production vehicles.

Kb6tho

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When you first set it does it tell you what speed it's set to?

Do you feel they need to?
Hi DCPU...
When we started the descent we were moving about 6-7mph... this is when the co-driver engaged, so I suspect it starts at your current speed. He really wanted to show how you could just inch on down a slope, so on the next descent, i clicked it down to 2mph.
Hope that helps.
Cheers!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
A bit of casual trivia I picked up on Wednesday. In addition to the above concerning hill descent when testing the Grenadier at Milbrook, they tested the hill descent going down the 1 in 1 (45degree slope). Went half way down and then came to a complete stop, and reversed back up the hill to the top.

I'm pretty sure they said that the hill descent also works when going in reverse, this could be total fluff on my account though so trust but verify.

At least I thought this pretty interesting.

Final note, the execution of the hill descent is not jerky as with some vehicles, its very fluid and silky smooth.

Local time
Reaction score
The original plan was for today to be a “media day” at the LA location. Due to the storm they pushed it up to yesterday afternoon, we saw some of them driving in as we headed out. So we can expect a few more stories to pop up. Not sure if that was LA specific, or all activations are doing this. This group of instructors was off to South Florida next, they all came from https://overlandexperts.com/ .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom