The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Texas Houston) 21-23 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
How was it? Impressions?
It was a great day! i spent about half a day just hanging out and talking to all the people passing through. They had the post sales director there for America who had only been with Ineos 6 months. The enthusiasm for us was fantastic. My favorite thing I found out yesterday was where the gas cap goes while you fill up. Lol
F4912F31-9849-4F49-B89A-BB7B0410A569.jpeg

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
Very cool event. Loved the African safari tent setup.

My biggest takeaway - driving was effortless. I never once lost traction, fishtailed, slipped, etc. My confidence in the vehicle's abilities skyrocketed. This is a true off-road purebred. The track itself was shorter than expected, but it had all sorts of challenging terrain to run through. Unfortunately, there were no long steep grades to test out the hill decent control or approach angles. We put it into off-road and wading mode only. It was still a prototype, albeit a more refined prototype than the one I saw at the reveal event, but there were random electronic sounds, ungrained trim pieces, misaligned doors - small items that will be fixed before production/delivery.

As usual, the Ineos staff was supremely accommodating and informative. The head of global product was there from UK, along with the head of aftersales. Both top notch - the entire team has such passion for the company and car.

I'm also glad to know that there are off-road courses like this a short drive from Houston.

@BD1 - fear not, deliveries will happen before end of year (y).

Houston Grenadier Ride Drive.jpg

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
It was a great day! i spent about half a day just hanging out and talking to all the people passing through. They had the post sales director there for America who had only been with Ineos 6 months. The enthusiasm for us was fantastic. My favorite thing I found out yesterday was where the gas cap goes while you fill up. Lol
View attachment 7803984
The wife's Macan has a perch like that, but it definitely look prototype-y unless they're finishing trim with a Dremel. 😁

Completely silly question, but did they have any merch for sale? With shipping costs for shirts, etc to the U.S., it seems like this tour would be a good chance to make a few bucks while they're at it if they sold stuff.

Thanks for the report! One week away for me...

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very cool event. Loved the African safari tent setup.

My biggest takeaway - driving was effortless. I never once lost traction, fishtailed, slipped, etc. My confidence in the vehicle's abilities skyrocketed. This is a true off-road purebred. The track itself was shorter than expected, but it had all sorts of challenging terrain to run through. Unfortunately, there were no long steep grades to test out the hill decent control or approach angles. We put it into off-road and wading mode only. It was still a prototype, albeit a more refined prototype than the one I saw at the reveal event, but there were random electronic sounds, ungrained trim pieces, misaligned doors - small items that will be fixed before production/delivery.

As usual, the Ineos staff was supremely accommodating and informative. The head of global product was there from UK, along with the head of aftersales. Both top notch - the entire team has such passion for the company and car.

I'm also glad to know that there are off-road courses like this a short drive from Houston.

@BD1 - fear not, deliveries will happen before end of year (y).

View attachment 7803988

Thanks for sharing!

Was there an opportunity to drive on road?

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Some of the feedback from another reservationist at the event involved the price point vs other vehicles, especially if majority of driving is on road. They absolutely loved the test drive, but when you start approaching and/or passing that $80k+ price point, you have to consider other luxury vehicles and the interior comforts they offer. The Lexus GX and LX were mentioned. The IG's looks and abilities still tip them towards a purchase decision, but it's not as easy of a decision as it seemed to be for them pre-test drive. And maybe this vehicle is not a good fit for them and they were never IG's intended target consumer. Nevertheless, it's a valid consideration that I am sure other potential urban customers may struggle with.

Personally, I see tons of value in all the tier 1 components, engineering, and deliberate minimalism (no power seats, no auto windows, etc). And of course, I would make use of its capabilities. It should have less repairs on average and easily last 30+ years - that is the cost/yr math that helps me rationalize it. As others have said elsewhere, I hope IG keeps their niche design focus and resists the temptation to compromise in order to appeal to a broader audience.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
Some of the feedback from another reservationist at the event involved the price point vs other vehicles, especially if majority of driving is on road. They absolutely loved the test drive, but when you start approaching and/or passing that $80k+ price point, you have to consider other luxury vehicles and the interior comforts they offer. The Lexus GX and LX were mentioned. The IG's looks and abilities still tip them towards a purchase decision, but it's not as easy of a decision as it seemed to be for them pre-test drive. And maybe this vehicle is not a good fit for them and they were never IG's intended target consumer. Nevertheless, it's a valid consideration that I am sure other potential urban customers may struggle with.

Personally, I see tons of value in all the tier 1 components, engineering, and deliberate minimalism (no power seats, no auto windows, etc). And of course, I would make use of its capabilities. It should have less repairs on average and easily last 30+ years - that is the cost/yr math that helps me rationalize it. As others have said elsewhere, I hope IG keeps their niche design focus and resists the temptation to compromise in order to appeal to a broader audience.
I think you nailed the answer right here.
And maybe this vehicle is not a good fit for them and they were never IG's intended target consumer.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score

Did the IG staff give any indication of pricing? It is going to be a delicate balance for IG and the public plus dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom