The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Texas Houston) 21-23 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahorocks

Reservation Holder
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but the guy they had answering questions about the vehicle, Wes(?), said the following. Pricing in May, order in June, and take delivery before Christmas.
I hope this is the case. So far the North America reveal and test drive have been on schedule so maybe the rest of the timeline stays on track.

Local time
Reaction score
Hey everyone, here are the pictures I got on Thursday. Nothing of the interior because they told me not to, but this gives a pretty good feel for the colors in bright sunlight.
Ineos1.jpeg

Attachments

• Ineos2.jpeg
    Ineos2.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 63
  • Ineos3.jpeg
    Ineos3.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 60
  • Ineos4.jpeg
    Ineos4.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
  • Ineos5.jpeg
    Ineos5.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • Ineos6.jpeg
    Ineos6.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 66

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
What was the reason to block interior photographs?

Local time
Reaction score
What was the reason to block interior photographs?
They said it was because the vehicles are still prototypes. I imagine they plan to change some things. It looked like the interior you see in other pictures except for the fact that there were two large red buttons where the cupholders should be.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes can you do me a favor? When you are at the LA show, can you please pull one of the Ineos guys to the side and ask in private the timeline on the pickup? We saw pictures of the US test model, trying to gauge if it will be launched as an MY24 with the SWB. I rather buy it once and not buy SWB and then sell it for the pick up.

Khalfan323

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
I made it out there yesterday and I am glad I did. Incidentally, this was my first trip to Texas.

I was impressed. It seems like a very nice vehicle and is much more solid in how it feels that my bronco. It is much closer to a Lexus LX. There was no on-road driving, but it did very well off-road. I thought the interior was nice, and the Fieldmaster I was in had the safari windows, which did not get hot despite it being warm and sunny. Also, the rear seat has plenty of space (I'm 5'10 and had no trouble). Doors are also some of the most solid and heavy I have ever felt on a car.

One thing I noticed is that the pedals are at an unusual angle--kind of like the pedals you see on a bus rather than a car in that they are around 60 degrees to the floor instead of 90 degrees. This took some getting used to. The brakes are also extremely light in their feel to the point where the pedal does not feel to be connected to anything. I'm not sure if this is a prototype issue.

What I noticed more than anything is that the dark colors (green, burgundy, navy) are all very dark, to the point where they look black in anything other than direct sunlight. Even in direct sunlight, you have to look closely to determine just which color it is. I still prefer the dark colors, as the lighter colors have too much contrast with all of the black plastic bits on the car.
Mate in what sense does this remotely resemble an LX?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Jones

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
They said it was because the vehicles are still prototypes. I imagine they plan to change some things. It looked like the interior you see in other pictures except for the fact that there were two large red buttons where the cupholders should be.
We had to wait a few minutes before getting in one for the test drive because they were re-flashing the infotainment system. They didn’t want us taking photos of it but ours unlike some others I saw had it fully functioning, inclinometer, speedometer and all. Admittedly I didn’t pay too much attention to it except when our guide showed us we were at a 24° at one point.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Strange how the Ineos guys were antsy about taking pics of the interior in the US but there have been zero issues taking pics here or in Europe.

Unless you have something different with US spec vehicles and they don’t want the rest of us seeing it? 😉😂
We have the gun compartment of course.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
Of course!!!! You mean the external ones hanging from the vehicle in plain sight, as opposed to ours which are discreetly hidden. 😉
Those external power points and nice, strong tie down bars are there for a reason.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes can you do me a favor? When you are at the LA show, can you please pull one of the Ineos guys to the side and ask in private the timeline on the pickup? We saw pictures of the US test model, trying to gauge if it will be launched as an MY24 with the SWB. I rather buy it once and not buy SWB and then sell it for the pick up.
I can try my best, the long wheel based version with a 3rd row is the one I'd ideally want as well. It's either that or I get a minivan to go wit the Grenadier..... :(

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
Some of the feedback from another reservationist at the event involved the price point vs other vehicles, especially if majority of driving is on road. They absolutely loved the test drive, but when you start approaching and/or passing that $80k+ price point, you have to consider other luxury vehicles and the interior comforts they offer. The Lexus GX and LX were mentioned. The IG's looks and abilities still tip them towards a purchase decision, but it's not as easy of a decision as it seemed to be for them pre-test drive. And maybe this vehicle is not a good fit for them and they were never IG's intended target consumer. Nevertheless, it's a valid consideration that I am sure other potential urban customers may struggle with.

Personally, I see tons of value in all the tier 1 components, engineering, and deliberate minimalism (no power seats, no auto windows, etc). And of course, I would make use of its capabilities. It should have less repairs on average and easily last 30+ years - that is the cost/yr math that helps me rationalize it. As others have said elsewhere, I hope IG keeps their niche design focus and resists the temptation to compromise in order to appeal to a broader audience.
I have the 2021 GX570 and you are not touching one under 120 now so

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I can try my best, the long wheel based version with a 3rd row is the one I'd ideally want as well. It's either that or I get a minivan to go wit the Grenadier..... :(
We follow that reasoning with our defender. We needed a Yukon xl to solve our problem for 25% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom