The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Texas Dallas Fort Worth) 27 Feb - 01 Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
Dave - So when it comes time to order you can take a configuration you have saved and simply convert it to an order?

I was thinking we would have to build a new order from scratch. The the order process is different than saving various configurations.
Yes.
You can save up to 3 configurations and change them as much as you want
You can name them
Then just hit the order now button and it will walk you through the order process.
You can also download or print a pdf summary
I configured what I wanted using as a base vehicle the station wagon, then the Trialmaster then the Fieldmaster.
When I was happy I converted one to an order

1677717500799.png1677717658216.png

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
Yes.
You can save up to 3 configurations and change them as much as you want
You can name them
Then just hit the order now button and it will walk you through the order process.
You can also download or print a pdf summary
I configured what I wanted using as a base vehicle the station wagon, then the Trialmaster then the Fieldmaster.
When I was happy I converted one to an order

View attachment 7804816View attachment 7804817

Great to see this. Thanks.

I am all set.....just need the US orders to open.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
Trialmaster seems most of what I want except for a snorkel, which is literally a bit over the top. But I guess you could swap it out?

Steel wheels are no longer an option on the Fieldmaster in the US at least. I think they were there before.
The so called snorkel is a raised air intake not to be confused with wading or fording advantages...the raised intake is for traveling through dusty conditions enabling the vehicle to suck cleaner air...the Grenadier has an 800mm limit on the depth of water that the vehicle should enter even if you put on a totally sealed snorkel...happy motoring ;)

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Go on the configurator, select United States as the country and go to town on different configurations.
This helps avoid/minimise changes after you have placed an order
The way I understood the guy today was that the U.S. configurator is just a placeholder to let us play. When pricing is announced we'll get a new one with ONLY Trialmaster and Fieldmaster trims to build out, no base Station Wagon. I'm going to email Ineos and see if I can get some clarification. The pessimist in me sees this as an easy way to bump up the per unit price here. I hope I'm wrong. 🤨

I'm also going to build out what I want on the UK site using all 3 trims as a start. Just to prepare myself.

::UPDATE::

I just built out what I'd like on the UK site using each trim as a start:
Station Wagon: £67,571
Trialmaster: £75,121
Fieldmaster: £74,823

The difference is not insignificant.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
we'll get a new one with ONLY Trialmaster and Fieldmaster trims
But this would mean that there won't be utes in the US?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But this would mean that there won't be utes in the US?
Unless IA put a plant in the US, the ute will not come here for a number of reasons, but the "chicken tax" is a 25% tariff on light duty trucks, under which it would fall, is paramount. So, let's say the ute would be about the equivalent of US $60k, tack on another 15 grand for LBJ and now, at $75,000 US - in a market with some really good truck offerings - they'd have a difficult time selling trucks IMHO. A maxed-out Ranger is less than $50k and a base 4x4 Ranger is less than $35k. Not quite apples to apples, but I think it's an easy argument to make that an IA ute doesn't make financial sense. Certainly there are folks in NA (esp. people on this forum) who would by one regardless of price, but I think that number would be so low the effort might not be worth it.

The US truck market is dominated by full-size trucks - F150 sold over 650,000 units and has been the best selling truck for 46 years, numbers two and three on the most sold list (C&D) are also pickups from Chevy and Dodge respectively. All told, over 1.8 million full-size pickups were sold in the US just last year (plus nearly 235,000 Tacomas). Lots of competition in a country where, Tacoma aside, the home team dominates; and the mid-size (Tacoma/Ranger/etc.) market is also quite substantial and competitive, with offerings from many companies who build these products in NA (MX and CAN do not pay the chicken tax, but I'm not sure what the arrangement is there).

But, what do I know? At this point, a ute might come here before the wagon!

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The way I understood the guy today was that the U.S. configurator is just a placeholder to let us play. When pricing is announced we'll get a new one with ONLY Trialmaster and Fieldmaster trims to build out, no base Station Wagon. I'm going to email Ineos and see if I can get some clarification. The pessimist in me sees this as an easy way to bump up the per unit price here. I hope I'm wrong. 🤨

I'm also going to build out what I want on the UK site using all 3 trims as a start. Just to prepare myself.

::UPDATE::

I just built out what I'd like on the UK site using each trim as a start:
Station Wagon: £67,571
Trialmaster: £75,121
Fieldmaster: £74,823

The difference is not insignificant.
OK, encouraging response from IA follows:

"Just a quick update.

I have now received a response from the team, they have advised you should be able to build your Grenadier up from a Station Wagon but you will not be able to choose the Belstaff editons for the Utility Wagon.

I hope this information helps! If you have any further questions, please let me know."

This makes me feel a better, but I'll still have doubts until the U.S. pricing and order book opens. 🤞

The interesting easter egg was him referencing the Utility Wagon. I didn't think we were getting those here?

(If IA is monitoring this forum, please sell me a basic wagon and let me option it how I please. I've already got a Barbour jacket, I don't need a Belstaff! 😉)

Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
77F4AE34-2D20-4C96-90A0-FCB464FCDC3B.jpeg39F06914-A97C-427C-B28E-B7D2866DC691.jpegDC049FF7-5303-4367-AE15-CEA238AD4741.jpeg6508A259-406C-4525-8DBB-D43B5A8B2AD2.jpegI flew down to the Dallas event and really enjoyed driving the vehicle. Brought along my brother and parents, too, since they’re in the area. Now my Dad has one on order, also. Very solid feel. Much better than my RR or JK. Colors were surprisingly different in the sun vs screen. I ended up liking magic mushroom a lot, yet never considered it before.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
This event thread has run its course.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom