The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
On the increased cost for the US vs. UK model, I am somewhat rationalizing that internally based upon the fact the US is getting the 2024 model with advanced safety features, which Ineos recently confirmed as intelligent speed assistance, lane departure warning, automatic emergency braking, and driver drowsiness detection. Not sure how much those advanced safety features cost, but I expect they aren't cheap. I'm sure shipping costs are higher also.
Didn't realize we were getting that garbage (that...once again...goes against the ethos). I thought that was one of the benefits of being small batch; being able to NOT add this crap? Looked in the brochure and it's actually in one of the paragraphs, not listed in the bulleted features. Sneaky bastards. Just more stuff to go wrong, throw errors, and possibly add a ton of costs in repairs of simple things depending on how it's implemented. I just hope they don't use cameras like Subaru's atrocious EyeSight. Having had to replace my windshield three times and have the damned thing calibrated...it, significantly, ups the cost. That certainly would account for some of the cost increase if our overseas friends don't have it.

The shipping cost, though? Nah. WAY more expensive to ship to Oz from France than Joisey ;)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
Try under adjustable mirrors...
I am OCD about a few things, checking mirrors being one of them. For me it's more for peace of mind than merging. I never thought I'd like BLIS, but half the drivers around here (Seattle) are blind spot cruisers high on legal cannabis and distracted by their phones. Both offenses, but police laws are such that neither gets pulled over very often and good luck getting the fuzz to show up if there's a crash.

Local time
Reaction score
Didn't realize we were getting that garbage (that...once again...goes against the ethos). I thought that was one of the benefits of being small batch; being able to NOT add this crap? Looked in the brochure and it's actually in one of the paragraphs, not listed in the bulleted features. Sneaky bastards. Just more stuff to go wrong, throw errors, and possibly add a ton of costs in repairs of simple things depending on how it's implemented. I just hope they don't use cameras like Subaru's atrocious EyeSight. Having had to replace my windshield three times and have the damned thing calibrated...it, significantly, ups the cost. That certainly would account for some of the cost increase if our overseas friends don't have it.

The shipping cost, though? Nah. WAY more expensive to ship to Oz from France than Joisey ;)

Actually adaptive cruise control was one thing I didn't initially see that I would have had to have.

Local time
Reaction score
Actually adaptive cruise control was one thing I didn't initially see that I would have had to have.
I mean...I guess that's good for you then? LOL I have it on my Forester, and never...ever...use it. Slows waaaaaaaaaay too prematurely even though I have it set to the closest setting. And because I can't stand listening to the beeps every time it senses a vehicle in the distance, I never use it. I'm sure other manufacturers have done a better job with it (I feel like a buddy's late model Taurus SHO was brilliant), but it's not even a factor for me and...apparently...an unwelcome contributor to a prohibitively higher cost.

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
...and takes regular, not high-octane, gas to boot <insert Tim Allen grunting>. Though I don't see 15 mpg unless it's falling off a cliff. :giggle:
348714801_1193476851355955_4318048423483083040_n.jpg
Yeah, I guess I'm not surprised about the mpg. How do you like it otherwise? I am planning on placing a deposit on one later today. I'm going to PM you my cell phone if you have a minute for a very short chat. Be great to hear about your ownership experience.

Last edited:
Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score

Yeah, this was my exact thought as well. I was really hoping that the IG was not going to have all these additional features which - in my experience - create more problems than they solve. Although... I guess I'm glad that all the people texting and driving will get an alert before they sideswipe me on the freeway :rolleyes:

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Well, the new 4Runner will be out soon as well. Hopefully its as updated as the new Tacoma.

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is “intelligent speed assistance” the same as adaptive cruise control, or something different?

Local time
Reaction score
On the increased cost for the US vs. UK model, I am somewhat rationalizing that internally based upon the fact the US is getting the 2024 model with advanced safety features, which Ineos recently confirmed as intelligent speed assistance, lane departure warning, automatic emergency braking, and driver drowsiness detection. Not sure how much those advanced safety features cost, but I expect they aren't cheap. I'm sure shipping costs are higher also.
Where did you see this info? I was talking to them thinking the same thing they need automated emergency braking by law. But they said the feature wasn’t going to be in at my test drive a few weeks ago.

Local time
Reaction score
Just confirmed it with ineos chat. We would not be getting it with those advanced safety features. Eventually I’m sure but not now. So the increase cost is not to that. But it is in the new defender as standard tech. By law they are suppose to have it but I think they are on a small production loop hole.

Attachments

• 71E83879-5768-4031-8E8B-24BD3268A72E.jpeg
    71E83879-5768-4031-8E8B-24BD3268A72E.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 45
Local time
Reaction score
No, I think it is a camera that sees speed limits signs and either limits or warns you when you go above. Not the same as adaptive cruise.
"intelligent speed assistance" might refer to their decent control?

Local time
Reaction score
"intelligent speed assistance" might refer to their decent control?
At least it is decent control vs inadequate control. ;).

Pretty sure it is a speed limit control as some countries are starting to require it.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Where did you see this info? I was talking to them thinking the same thing they need automated emergency braking by law. But they said the feature wasn’t going to be in at my test drive a few weeks ago.
You can believe who you chatted with at the test drive who was likely a potential dealer employee or the Ineos chat employee or bot or the updated official U.S. Ineos Grenadier Brochure (at p. 23):

ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS
Off-Road and Wading Modes
Uphill Assist
Downhill Assist
Park Assist Rear (PDC)
ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
ETC (Electronic Traction Control)
ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
Cruise Control
Automatic Hazard Warning
Trailer Stability Assist
ADAS 1
– Intelligent Speed Assistance
– Lane Departure Warning
– Automatic Emergency Braking
– Driver Drowsiness Detection

U.S. Brochure

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
You can believe who you chatted with at the test drive who was likely a potential dealer employee or the Ineos chat employee or bot or the updated official U.S. Ineos Grenadier Brochure (at p. 23):

ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS
Off-Road and Wading Modes
Uphill Assist
Downhill Assist
Park Assist Rear (PDC)
ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
ETC (Electronic Traction Control)
ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
Cruise Control
Automatic Hazard Warning
Trailer Stability Assist
ADAS 1
– Intelligent Speed Assistance
– Lane Departure Warning
– Automatic Emergency Braking
– Driver Drowsiness Detection

U.S. Brochure
Not surprised that we are getting conflicting information. Brochure says this. But two representatives have told me otherwise. You guys should jump on the chat on the website and ask as well as refer to the brochure. This was one of the main points that gave me pause on going through with committing to the order. So I be curious to know the official statement on it. Cause if its not included at this point then we are not getting what we paid for.

Back
Top Bottom