The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
Well that answers that. I checked the brochure hosted here and it didn't list them but @Loc Nar put the nail in it.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Not surprised that we are getting conflicting information. Brochure says this. But two representatives have told me otherwise. You guys should jump on the chat on the website and ask as well as refer to the brochure. This was one of the main points that gave me pause on going through with committing to the order. So I be curious to know the official statement on it. Cause if its not included at this point then we are not getting what we paid for.
It also does not surprise me that Ineos cannot get their communications aligned throughout the platform. Things change rapidly. They just updated the brochure recently if memory serves.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As they outsource the chat, the online reps may have outdated info.

Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
I mean...I guess that's good for you then? LOL I have it on my Forester, and never...ever...use it. Slows waaaaaaaaaay too prematurely even though I have it set to the closest setting. And because I can't stand listening to the beeps every time it senses a vehicle in the distance, I never use it. I'm sure other manufacturers have done a better job with it (I feel like a buddy's late model Taurus SHO was brilliant), but it's not even a factor for me and...apparently...an unwelcome contributor to a prohibitively higher cost.

I've only had it on my Tesla Model 3 and honestly, I use it almost every single time I'm on the interstate or in traffic. I have the non-smart type on two other vehicles and there, I almost never use it because you are constantly having to adjust speed up and down. So, pretty useless on those vehicles.

I did long drives in both a 2020 4 Runner and 2021 Highlander. In both, the ACC works pretty good, though not as good as the Tesla. The lane keeping in the Toyotas sucked.

On the tesla, it is adjustable as to what space you want it to maintain to the car in front of you. So, mine doesn't slow down prematurely. I don't remember whether the toyota one was adjustable.

Local time
Reaction score
I was hoping for lower pricing as well.

I built out a base model with Mushroom paint, tinted glass, heated seats and floor mats. The total came to $73,390.

I’m also an early day 2 Cybertruck reservation holder. I am eagerly waiting on new MSRP’s and trim levels before pulling the trigger on the Grenadier.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The trend to smaller forced induction (FI) engines for the sake of fuel economy, doens't always pan-out in real-world driving. For example, in full-size pickups, the FI 6-cylinder engines will get better fuel economy when driven lightly, but under heavy load they can get worse fuel economy than the same truck with a naturally aspirated V8 (TFL and others have demonstrated this towing in the mountains). At nearly 6,000 pounds, and with solid axles and a heavy-duty drive train, the Grenadier's I6 gas engine seems like it must be working hard all the time to return government estimated fuel economy of 14 mpg. The 7,000 pound Power Wagon, with solid axles and a naturally aspirated 6.4 liter V8 is rated at 15 mpg.

That makes sense to me and aligns with my experience too. Glad I'm not totally crazy when it seems like I can watch my fuel gauge move in real time when loaded down :D

We're trying some experiments on our rig in 1000 kms chunks with tow haul mode -- I use it all the time with "tow mode" but my wife is patient enough for me to share with her the stuff we chat about on here from time to time and she pointed out "well, it's kinda always hauling" so that gave us the idea to see if using it all the time makes a difference. I'll report back if does in a month or two; it seems like it causes the vehicle to rev higher between shifts so I'm skeptical that it will help with our consumption but we shall see. If it does work, I might explore custom tuning and shift points to see what range I can eke out at my weight in my particular rig.

On the increased cost for the US vs. UK model, I am somewhat rationalizing that internally based upon the fact the US is getting the 2024 model with advanced safety features, which Ineos recently confirmed as intelligent speed assistance, lane departure warning, automatic emergency braking, and driver drowsiness detection. Not sure how much those advanced safety features cost, but I expect they aren't cheap. I'm sure shipping costs are higher also.

I put a fair bit of time in a minivan with some of those features and found them quite distracting and unsettling. Some have their place, but some really pull a person's attention away from the road in my experience; I am told we will get used to them with time in a vehicle, but I didn't in that van, and it's made me a bit gun-shy on all that stuff.

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was hoping for lower pricing as well.

I built out a base model with Mushroom paint, tinted glass, heated seats and floor mats. The total came to $73,390.

I’m also an early day 2 Cybertruck reservation holder. I am eagerly waiting on new MSRP’s and trim levels before pulling the trigger on the Grenadier.
I am also a CyberTruck reservation holder. Booked within a minute or 2 when it came out.
Got to pick one or both :rolleyes:

Reactions: m-j
Local time
Reaction score
Which Cybertruck trim? I reserved the $50k Dual Motor version. If it’s mid to high $60’s I’m sticking with my Cybertruck reservation. Some think the the CT will start around $80k when it goes into production later this year.

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which Cybertruck trim? I reserved the $50k Dual Motor version. If it’s mid to high $60’s I’m sticking with my Cybertruck reservation. Some think the the CT will start around $80k when it goes into production later this year.
Will get the trim that's launched 1st. If the Tri/Top model is $80k, its a great deal.

Local time
Reaction score

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7813671

They're tinkering with the NA website ahead of the May 31 pre-order date. The configurator is down.
Just checked and site back up again. Can configure, however not order yet. I am ready to order and then wait & wait and take delivery of my new baby Grenadier 9 months later.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just got this email. IMG_8553.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just checked and site back up again. Can configure, however not order yet. I am ready to order and then wait & wait and take delivery of my new baby Grenadier 9 months later.
Did you notice any changes? Options or anything built related?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmm. I'm still getting the same message as @bmore_burnsy. Can't access saved configs either.
I spoke to soon, when I went on the site I could see my reservation number and my configuration, however when I clicked on my configuration to look at it, the screen said "WE ARE SHIFTING UP A GEAR". Evidently they are getting ready for Pre-Orders. Yea! DaBull

Back
Top Bottom