The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
I'm out.

Just checking in to checkout ... with my thanks. It's been fun folks :)

Good luck to everyone. Be it with the Gren, or another direction, I hope it works out well.

And thank you @Stu_Barnes for the venue. It's been informative and worthwhile. Wishing you continued success.
Your perspective will be missed, but I am pretty close to being out as well. Best wishes!

Michael Gain

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I'm not surprised about the mpg. How do you like it otherwise? I am planning on placing a deposit on one later today. I'm going to PM you my cell phone if you have a minute for a very short chat. Be great to hear about your ownership experience.
You won't be disappointed.
20230114_132428.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:37 PM
Reaction score
it is US Gallons!
I've just landed in England and have to get my brain around local mpg from my usual l/100km
You don't have US gallons in Carinthia do you?

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
Bugger me, I think you might need to grow up around them to enjoy the aesthetic.

Yeah - even Ram fan-boys are quite divided on the new "mustache grill". I definitely prefer the older style, which is still around in some trims:

IMG_1233.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:37 PM
Reaction score
it is US Gallons!
Thanks
Keep the video's coming
I like your relaxed style and simple facts.
I also like the way you involved your girlfriend with her thoughts and opinions.
Or were you just showing the IG world you could get a good looking woman.

Local time
Reaction score
The trend towards taller grills is a race to the bottom in my opinion.
I don't like taller grills either. They are terrible off road - preventing you from seeing much of anything - but they can also be a hazard in day-to-day driving, like in a parking lot.

They are, however, driven mostly by function - not form (or style). The taller grill increases cooling quite significantly, and as the power and towing wars continue between the big three truck manufacturers (Ford, Ram, Chevy), heavy duty trucks are producing more and more horsepower and torque, with higher and higher towing and payload capacities. These trucks need greater and greater cooling capacity. We can have a whole other conversation about whether that increased power is truly necessary...

But if you look at the capacities of these new trucks, you can see why the increased cooling is necessary:
  • The Ford F350 diesel is now making around 1,100 lb/ft of torque (over 2x the diesel IG, and 3x the gas IG - just for comparison)
  • Max towing for the diesel dually, using a gooseneck hitch, is 37,000 pounds (5x more than the IG)
  • Max payload for the gas dually is almost 8,000 pounds (4x more than the IG)
Of course, most people aren't speccing their trucks to get these numbers, but still, these numbers are insane.

NOTE: I am only comparing it to the IG for perspective, and to give an indication of how much more cooling would be required - I am not suggesting that the IG and the Ford F350 are in the same class of vehicle. That would be dumb.

Back
Top Bottom