The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
Wish they'd do what Ford did with the Bronco and bring back a true offroader (but with a SFA). The FJ Cruiser missed the mark.

If Toyota released a updated 80 series type Land Cruiser with a SFA in the U.S., I'd likely be headed in that direction. I don't see that happening though.
Having had every modded LC from 55-100, I'll be honest.... I'd take an ifs 100 on 35's over an 80 on 35's, no regrets, any terrain. It only took a 2" lift on the 100 vs a 4" on the 80, and there were no caster issues, no loss of traction, and an unfathomably better ride from highway to washboard. The G is the posterboy for how to do SFA "wrong" for articulation, and they designed this rig. The Gren on 32's isn't going to be schooling any 100's or 4runners anytime soon. SFA isn't going to bother me, but it's here for the sake of being here, more than any advantage to modern wide track IFS.

Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
Having had every modded LC from 55-100, I'll be honest.... I'd take an ifs 100 on 35's over an 80 on 35's, no regrets, any terrain. It only took a 2" lift on the 100 vs a 4" on the 80, and there were no caster issues, no loss of traction, and an unfathomably better ride from highway to washboard. The G is the posterboy for how to do SFA "wrong" for articulation, and they designed this rig. The Gren on 32's isn't going to be schooling any 100's or 4runners anytime soon. SFA isn't going to bother me, but it's here for the sake of being here, more than any advantage to modern wide track IFS.
For offroading, a well built, triple locked 80 is a beast. For more extreme offroading, that would be my choice. My 62 does pretty well too. I'll probably put a 5.3 chevy in an 80 at some point that I will beat the shit out of, but waiting for my 3FE on my 62 (or the 4sp) to die so it can get a 6.0 LS swap first.

Though my 200 would probably do most anything an 80 would, and the power is great. I daily drive my 62, and love it, bit wouldn't want to take it on a road trip. Not as quiet or as comfortable as my 200, but it does great and so far, at 250k miles still runs great. My FJ40 only sees basic trail duty these days, and it is now up for sale.

I am happy to take a 200 anywhere, but know a SFA is less likely to have trail failure, particularly a locked IFS, even if you are careful and judicious. I have thankfully never broken a joint while locked, but have broken cvs offroading (not in the 200 knock on wood), but thankfully had a spare.

If I could get a brand new 96/97 setup FJ80, that would be my choice for an offroad rig.

The articulation #s on the grenadier were good but not amazing, but may be really good with sway bar removal or a disconnect. Hopefully someone will test it soon. Also hoping to see what max tire size is with no lift.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Y'all are making my cry tears of maple syrup. We haven't been able to buy a new Land Cruiser in Canada since 1996, and I didn't have enough loonies in my beaver bank when I was 11 years old...

We have a lot of great options here like the Jeeps and the New Defender and more, but the "one to beat" for the Gren has and will always be the Land Cruiser. I'm quite jealous of those who can pick between the two!

Local time
Reaction score
For offroading, a well built, triple locked 80 is a beast. For more extreme offroading, that would be my choice. My 62 does pretty well too. I'll probably put a 5.3 chevy in an 80 at some point that I will beat the shit out of, but waiting for my 3FE on my 62 (or the 4sp) to die so it can get a 6.0 LS swap first.

Though my 200 would probably do most anything an 80 would, and the power is great. I daily drive my 62, and love it, bit wouldn't want to take it on a road trip. Not as quiet or as comfortable as my 200, but it does great and so far, at 250k miles still runs great. My FJ40 only sees basic trail duty these days, and it is now up for sale.

I am happy to take a 200 anywhere, but know a SFA is less likely to have trail failure, particularly a locked IFS, even if you are careful and judicious. I have thankfully never broken a joint while locked, but have broken cvs offroading (not in the 200 knock on wood), but thankfully had a spare.

If I could get a brand new 96/97 setup FJ80, that would be my choice for an offroad rig.

The articulation #s on the grenadier were good but not amazing, but may be really good with sway bar removal or a disconnect. Hopefully someone will test it soon. Also hoping to see what max tire size is with no lift.
That is exactly why I put a deposit on a grenadier, I'm looking for an updated version of my old triple locked 80. I wonder just how close it will be...

Local time
Reaction score
I am happy to take a 200 anywhere, but know a SFA is less likely to have trail failure, particularly a locked IFS, even if you are careful and judicious.
Anything triple locked can drag itself over obstacles. That’s what Gs do as wheels get lifted over anything taller than a curb. That’s not actually my point. It’s ifs v sfa. A Dana 20 is an sfa, but you wouldn’t want that in your front end. It’s all about design parameters.

As for locking diffs, it PROTECTS the drive line, especially with wheels of greater diameter and weight than originally designed. It permanently splits the tq applied, and doesn’t permit a wheel to spool up, develop a shit ton of kinetic energy, and shock the driveline when it hooks up and sends the wheel and engine tq to the open diff. That’s why Toyota went to a 4 pinion front diff from a 2 pinion when they started to use atrac in the 100’s, as the system would pulsate locking and unlocking the brakes and hammer the diffs pinions to failure. ;)

Local time
Reaction score
Anything triple locked can drag itself over obstacles. That’s what Gs do as wheels get lifted over anything taller than a curb. That’s not actually my point. It’s ifs v sfa. A Dana 20 is an sfa, but you wouldn’t want that in your front end. It’s all about design parameters.

As for locking diffs, it PROTECTS the drive line, especially with wheels of greater diameter and weight than originally designed. It permanently splits the tq applied, and doesn’t permit a wheel to spool up, develop a shit ton of kinetic energy, and shock the driveline when it hooks up and sends the wheel and engine tq to the open diff. That’s why Toyota went to a 4 pinion front diff from a 2 pinion when they started to use atrac in the 100’s, as the system would pulsate locking and unlocking the brakes and hammer the diffs pinions to failure. ;)
I agree a locker protects the differential, it is the axles that it can put extra stress on (steering and
extension) that you do not get with a sfa. I've seen ifs locked axles break, and have helped swap them out. Sometimes a pita offroad. I have seen solid diffs grenade, but haven't seen their axles break, locked or not. There is simply less stress on them.

Local time
Reaction score
That is exactly why I put a deposit on a grenadier, I'm looking for an updated version of my old triple locked 80. I wonder just how close it will be...
Same. Figure it will have more power, and likely be a bit more quiet. I'm hopeful for the longevity, but that would be a tough standard to live up to, the 80s are solid.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have pickups, and I have suv's, but I've never purchased one over the other. I think a true'er statment would be, that those exiting here, and choosing a pickup, were not really in the market for this anyway, and were along for the ride. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Not sure that that's 100% true. My wife does not want me to own more than one vehicle, so no matter what I choose there's going to be sacrifices made. If I cancel the pre-order I'm making tomorrow due to gremlins/reliability/crap dealer or some other unforeseen reason, a pickup will be on the short list along with the new LC, 4Runner, etc. Are they as overbuilt as the Ineos? Hell no, but you can't argue with the utility of a truck bed, and any of them would be capable of my off road ambitions as long as I'm willing to sacrifice some durability. At this stage of my life I want the most rugged, overbuilt vehicle possible and so far I'm ok with the downsides people have experienced with the Grenadier. I've only driven it off-road, but I loved it and can see it being my forever vehicle. If I back out and get a truck, does it mean I was just along for the ride? I think if after quitting the Grenadier I chose a truck, it just meant I was willing to make a lot of sacrifices on build quality and off road capability that day, in exchange for a living room on wheels with a useful haul space built in.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the big day, who's placing their orders tomorrow?
DaBull - Trial Master, Shale Blue with most all major options checked off. Took a leap in 2020 and purchased a First Edition Defender 110 P400. Have enjoyed every min of it.
Time for a new leap and adventure. Jump on in, the waters fine.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
Base config MM with rough pack, heated seats, tow hitch, tint.

I noticed the cargo rail tie downs have increased from $15 to $60

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Base config MM with rough pack, tow hitch, tint.

I noticed the cargo rail tie downs have increased from $15 to $60
I have not gone online yet (probably will tonight after work) but has anyone noticed any other price changes on the NA configurer?

Local time
Reaction score
I agree a locker protects the differential, it is the axles that it can put extra stress on (steering and
extension) that you do not get with a sfa. I've seen ifs locked axles break, and have helped swap them out. Sometimes a pita offroad. I have seen solid diffs grenade, but haven't seen their axles break, locked or not. There is simply less stress on them.
They don’t break because they are ifs, they break because they weren’t designed for that application. The center on my 100 failed twice, only unlocked, and the axels and cv’s never failed. The blanket assumption that the grenadier will have more articulation or be more durable than an IFS rig is an old wives tale. Your biggest limitation if you want anything more than stock will be frame/body interference and control arm geometry. Looking at this truck in person, if comfortable use of 35’s with any articulation without interference or death wobble is your goal, be prepared to weld and trim.

I think it’s best the grenadier is treated like a woman you may want to marry. Do it for what she is, not what you want her to be, otherwise it’ll get expensive fast.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have not gone online yet (probably will tonight after work) but has anyone noticed any other price changes on the NA configurer?
The before mentioned quick release tie down rings are the only price increase that I noticed. The tailgate table is priced at $395. Is that the same?

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
The before mentioned quick release tie down rings are the only price increase that I noticed. The tailgate table is priced at $395. Is that the same?
Yes, tailgate table is the same price.

Haven't compared all the prices but attached was the version 1 pricing.

Attachments

• INEOS Grenadier_MY24 Price List_USA_Version 1_May_2023.pdf
    116.9 KB · Views: 13

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the big day, who's placing their orders tomorrow?
After a several years of watching this awesome project, I just submitted my pre-order. Woohoo!
  • Trialmaster
  • Scottish White
  • 17" Steelies w/ K02s
  • Front & rear lockers
  • Winch
  • Tow package
  • Safari windows
  • Shorter roof rack
  • Saddle brown leather
  • Utility trim interior w/ heated seats
🤘 super pumped and eager to get behind the wheel as soon as Ineos is ready to deliver.

Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
Not sure that that's 100% true. My wife does not want me to own more than one vehicle, so no matter what I choose there's going to be sacrifices made. If I cancel the pre-order I'm making tomorrow due to gremlins/reliability/crap dealer or some other unforeseen reason, a pickup will be on the short list along with the new LC, 4Runner, etc. Are they as overbuilt as the Ineos? Hell no, but you can't argue with the utility of a truck bed, and any of them would be capable of my off road ambitions as long as I'm willing to sacrifice some durability. At this stage of my life I want the most rugged, overbuilt vehicle possible and so far I'm ok with the downsides people have experienced with the Grenadier. I've only driven it off-road, but I loved it and can see it being my forever vehicle. If I back out and get a truck, does it mean I was just along for the ride? I think if after quitting the Grenadier I chose a truck, it just meant I was willing to make a lot of sacrifices on build quality and off road capability that day, in exchange for a living room on wheels with a useful haul space built in.
My thoughts exactly (y)

Back
Top Bottom