The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
After a several years of watching this awesome project, I just submitted my pre-order. Woohoo!
  • Trialmaster
  • Scottish White
  • 17" Steelies w/ K02s
  • Front & rear lockers
  • Winch
  • Tow package
  • Safari windows
  • Shorter roof rack
  • Saddle brown leather
  • Utility trim interior w/ heated seats
🤘 super pumped and eager to get behind the wheel as soon as Ineos is ready to deliver.

When you pre-ordered, was there any mention of what comes next? Do you still have an opt out option. Just curious before I put in my pre-order. Still trying to finalize my spec.

Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
They don’t break because they are ifs, they break because they weren’t designed for that application. The center on my 100 failed twice, only unlocked, and the axels and cv’s never failed. The blanket assumption that the grenadier will have more articulation or be more durable than an IFS rig is an old wives tale. Your biggest limitation if you want anything more than stock will be frame/body interference and control arm geometry. Looking at this truck in person, if comfortable use of 35’s with any articulation without interference or death wobble is your goal, be prepared to weld and trim.

I think it’s best the grenadier is treated like a woman you may want to marry. Do it for what she is, not what you want her to be, otherwise it’ll get expensive fast.
Yeah - the control arms seem to be too short to safely run 35s, there doesn't look to be enough room in the wheel well to run a 35 and maintain articulation, and you cannot put a spare 35 on the back without some sort of modification (it will prevent the small door from opening, and the small door has to open before the big door can open).

It seems as if Ineos wasn't interested in engineering the vehicle for this sort of application. Which makes it a bit strange that a Grenadier was spotted in Iceland on 35s - reportedly driven by Sir Jim himself (photo below). Sir JIm owns a lot of land in Iceland, and is involved in salmon conservation through the Six Rivers Project - which is pretty cool.

Grenadier_18_35s_Iceland.jpg

A year or so ago, there was another Grenadier running around South Africa and Namibia on 35s.

Grenadier_17_35s.jpg

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
After a several years of watching this awesome project, I just submitted my pre-order. Woohoo!
  • Trialmaster
  • Scottish White
  • 17" Steelies w/ K02s
  • Front & rear lockers
  • Winch
  • Tow package
  • Safari windows
  • Shorter roof rack
  • Saddle brown leather
  • Utility trim interior w/ heated seats
🤘 super pumped and eager to get behind the wheel as soon as Ineos is ready to deliver.
Congratulations! I’ll be placing my pre-order tonight. What I have in mind is very similar to your build.

Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah - the control arms seem to be too short to safely run 35s, there doesn't look to be enough room in the wheel well to run a 35 and maintain articulation, and you cannot put a spare 35 on the back without some sort of modification (it will prevent the small door from opening, and the small door has to open before the big door can open).

It seems as if Ineos wasn't interested in engineering the vehicle for this sort of application. Which makes it a bit strange that a Grenadier was spotted in Iceland on 35s - reportedly driven by Sir Jim himself (photo below). Sir JIm owns a lot of land in Iceland, and is involved in salmon conservation through the Six Rivers Project - which is pretty cool.
That could be because they are mostly interested in float. Articulation and turning radius aren't deal breakers on glaciers, so maybe the tires are just stuffed in there. Frankly, that isnt that big of a tire for that use.

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I logged in this morning and I could see my reservation and 2 builds listed. I tried to place the pre-order, but it wouldn't let me proceed. I just went back in and now my reservation and builds are missing.
Anyone else experience this?

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
The $750 Power-UP option is no longer available. Neither do I see the AUX battery if I select the FM trim.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I logged in this morning and I could see my reservation and 2 builds listed. I tried to place the pre-order, but it wouldn't let me proceed. I just went back in and now my reservation and builds are missing.
Anyone else experience this?
Try to close and log in again.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When you pre-ordered, was there any mention of what comes next? Do you still have an opt out option. Just curious before I put in my pre-order. Still trying to finalize my spec.

The below is a screenshot of the email I received - fairly vague (as expected), but before you submit your pre-order on the website, you have to review and agree to the T&C's, which was typical legalese with some clues on order of events and decisions. I believe it said something to the effect of being able to opt out of a purchase before signing a purchase agreement with the dealer. So, bottom-line, this pre-order just basically notifies Ineos and their dealers of your intent to order & purchase, but you will ultimately decide sometime after July when you are asked to sign a contract.

1685544895573.png

Local time
Reaction score
Pre-order is in! Sela green base riding on 17" steelies, spec'd to a TM minus aux battery and raised air intake, plus safari windows, ladder, premium sound, tow hitch, leather, heated seats, rubber mats, and tailgate table. No doubt my order slot will be far behind those ordering TMs and FMs, but I'm okay waiting.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm waiting on clarification about the heat reflective privacy glass before finalizing my order. I'd like to know whether the glass just has a window tint applied (which I can just get after-market) or has greater protection baked in than that (something like a Low-E glass). I guess if I went the aftermarket route, I would also need to factor in the labor cost of removing the tire and ladder to treat the rear glass . . . Decisions, decisions.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess if I went the aftermarket route, I would also need to factor in the labor cost of removing the tire and ladder to treat the rear glass . . .

Window tint is applied to the inside not the outside...

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Window tint is applied to the inside not the outside...
Ahh, good to know! Thanks. I was not sure if it was applied to both. I know there are some protective film treatments applied to the exterior of windows.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pre-ordered just now.

Scottish White
Trialmaster
Safari windows
Chequer plates
Alloys
Leather
Tow hitch

Skipped sliders, table, and mats for now since I want to see what the aftermarket comes up with. Now the real wait begins!

Local time
Reaction score
Pre-ordered just now.

Scottish White
Trialmaster
Safari windows
Chequer plates
Alloys
Leather
Tow hitch

Skipped sliders, table, and mats for now since I want to see what the aftermarket comes up with. Now the real wait begins!
I also skipped sliders, mats and table for the same reason, as you should be able to buy them later if you want, and who knows the dealer labor will be to install.

I have been going back and forth on the winch. Part of me wants a bull bar, which would open up other options, but ultimately went with it. It will be interesting to see build dates, and dealers attitudes regarding markups. We WA folks should group together in case the dealer tries to add a bunch of markets, and all jettison to another market if they won't be reasonable.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also skipped sliders, mats and table for the same reason, as you should be able to buy them later if you want, and who knows the dealer labor will be to install.

I have been going back and forth on the winch. Part of me wants a bull bar, which would open up other options, but ultimately went with it. It will be interesting to see build dates, and dealers attitudes regarding markups. We WA folks should group together in case the dealer tries to add a bunch of markets, and all jettison to another market if they won't be reasonable.
I'm sure a company, or perhaps a dealer, somewhere will be willing to do a group buy if there's enough demand for a particular accessory. That's my hope anyway!

Back
Top Bottom