The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
Mpg rating. Really. Is the 3 mpg gonna make a difference. It has a bmw engine Probably can find a place to fix. Pretend like you built this 4x4 from scratch. You couldn’t do it better and you still wouldn’t have the safety net of warranty and service so many are looking for to make them buy. Enough with the War and Peace on this subject. Your either in or out.
Agreed.

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Modded how?
A couple hundred more horsepower and lb-ft via a larger turbo and a tune, which will require the transmission to be rebuilt to hold up to the extra power. The aftermarket support is the only good thing about Ineos choosing to go with a BMW engine.

Local time
Reaction score
A couple hundred more horsepower and lb-ft via a larger turbo and a tune, which will require the transmission to be rebuilt to hold up to the extra power. The aftermarket support is the only good thing about Ineos choosing to go with a BMW engine.
Although as an American I would have rather had a LS-based V8 in there hehe.With that new 10 speed....

Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
Although as an American I would have rather had a LS-based V8 in there hehe.With that new 10 speed....
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Get a clean 60 or 80 series and do the LS transplant rather than spend a ton of money on a brand new car and then mod it and void the warranty on major components. I'll keep by IG powertrain stock through at least the warranty period.

My FJ62 will get an LS swap eventually. Still waiting for the 3FE or a440f to die.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
You guys whinge better than the real whinges on the planet: the Australians. :)

I do agree - nothing to beat a good V8, 6 cylinder can come close though.

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Get a clean 60 or 80 series and do the LS transplant rather than spend a ton of money on a brand new car and then mod it and void the warranty on major components. I'll keep by IG powertrain stock through at least the warranty period.

My FJ62 will get an LS swap eventually. Still waiting for the 3FE or a440f to die.
Mine died. I have an LS on the stand and I was going to move the h55f/split/toybox over from my rusting fj60 using an unused ranger I picked up cheap a decade ago as the adapter, but, I may just keep the 3fe. 40 ratios is enticing tho.

I don't do high HP in offroad trucks. I'm not racing and power breaks things. My LS swap motor is bone stock, and that's dangerous enough with a 250:1 ratio.

I see this like my G. Buy it and use it for what it is, because it doesn't seem like it will easily accommodate a whole lot of tinkering anyway. It's no FZJ80 in that regard.

Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
Mpg rating. Really. Is the 3 mpg gonna make a difference. It has a bmw engine Probably can find a place to fix. Pretend like you built this 4x4 from scratch. You couldn’t do it better and you still wouldn’t have the safety net of warranty and service so many are looking for to make them buy. Enough with the War and Peace on this subject. Your either in or out.

I hope it'll be more than 3mpg from city to hwy (ie 15/15 to 15/18). I think the point many are trying to make is that orders will need to be placed soon, but we're still all in the dark about key information, especially some that are making many here still sit on the fence (if they haven't cancelled their reservation already).

Very well versed here with the B58 engine it has. Yep, probably can find a great place to fix it <wink>, however since it'll be under factory warranty for 5yrs and in some other wrench's hands, that possibly could mean that the rig is in the IA dealership more often than desired--that's something to consider.

As you may have read in the War&Peace novel typed by others in the previous 45pgs, some potential buyers are more than a few states away from a probable IA dealer. Not me personally, but that's a real concern for some people.

Funny you say this. Friend back east just mentioned his wife is open to selling their restored FJ62 w/ new LS crate engine/6L80, LC80 coils up front w/ full OME BP51, OEM-upholstered and heated scheel-mann's, custom Speedhut gauges, new carpet/seals/blah blah....gorgeous vintage competitor to an IG.

Local time
Reaction score
Here is something I was thinking about this morning. There is an incentive for the dealer not to hit us with market adjusted price for the first wave. There is still a large percentage of potential buyers who have not heard or seen the Grenadier. To sell the truck to the masses, they need it out in the street not on the lot. My thoughts are the dealer needs to convert our orders to generate mass buzz. Then they can start slapping on higher prices. Also, I was thinking the higher prices in American could be the spread between what Ineos will charge for wave one and what dealer gets to pocket. Ineos could be making a razor thin margin with the US model to incentive dealerships to take a risk with a new brand.
I agree. That’s how Amazon finally got off the ground. Thin margins with larger volumes

Local time
Reaction score
If they went with GM engines they could have had a 6 cylinder base gas engine, an optional V8, and the new Diesel I6. The high price wouldn't be so annoying with a V8 in it.

Local time
Reaction score
I do have to wonder with the number of electrical gremlins that are showing up in early deliveries if there was a fellow named Lucas involved somewhere in the process.
Many years ago when I used to take my MGB into Octagon Motors they had a very large banner hanging in the back that read:
"Honk if you hate Lucas !"
:LOL:

Local time
Reaction score
Many years ago when I used to take my MGB into Octagon Motors they had a very large banner hanging in the back that read:

So true. As the owner of an 87 RR classic, Lucas made nearly every hair fall out of my head. The electrical gremlins in that truck have haunted me since day 1

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They were not worried about the noise - since the horn relied upon Lucas electrics, it was a crap shoot at best.

Back
Top Bottom