The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Remember when Trump threatened to impose the same tax the Euros had on US made cars? They quickly backed down.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
Hmm, in order to really commit, I was hoping to hear about pricing and service availability. Sounds like pricing is coming, but this discussion of only divulging a vague notion of 20 “dealer areas” across the entire country does not give me a lot of confidence on the service front. I was hoping for some specifics on sales as well as network of authorized service centers in addition to the dealers. I may be expecting too much, but if you get one shitty dealer near you, your options for service sound limited. I’ll wait and see what comes up this week.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
Hmm, in order to really commit, I was hoping to hear about pricing and service availability. Sounds like pricing is coming, but this discussion of only divulging a vague notion of 20 “dealer areas” across the entire country does not give me a lot of confidence on the service front. I was hoping for some specifics on sales as well as network of authorized service centers in addition to the dealers. I may be expecting too much, but if you get one shitty dealer near you, your options for service sound limited. I’ll wait and see what comes up this week.
That is a great point @2wheelfish! I have honestly been riding the high of the awesome group that is INEOS Grenadier fans, I never thought for a moment there could be crappy dealers and service!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
For those who are eagerly waiting for the configurator to be updated, I've heard on the grapevine that updates for the INEOS website/s are usually carried out at 9am London time. So if you're planning on waiting up then get some coffee on the stove, or more appropriately boil the kettle for a pot of tea.

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
So if you're planning on waiting up then get some coffee on the stove, or more appropriately boil the kettle for a pot of tea.
A pint may be more appropriate given the marketi-- *cough* lore regarding the Grenadier in Belgrave Square...

Local time
Reaction score
Seeing this on the website:
We are in the process of upgrading the configurator to be fully enabled to reveal specs and actual vehicle pricing. Check back on 17 May when this upgraded specification and pricing configurator will be available.

Local time
Reaction score
We are in the process of upgrading the configurator to be fully enabled to reveal specs and actual vehicle pricing. Check back on 17 May when this upgraded specification and pricing configurator will be available.
It's been on for a few days now.

Exciting!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just saying the deposit/reservation for early hand raisers went live at midnight (London) which was 4pm PST. I would try refreshing the screen around 4pst to see if it popped early.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't yell at me or kick me out of the club here folks, but part of me almost wished there'd be another delay! But, that would be selfish, so I'm glad the pricing is about to come out.

In terms of why it's selfish - We've had a run of bad luck. We recently moved, and our house was for sale but suffered a catastrophic flood. There were some insurance shenanigans, which left us underwater by a lot. This adventure has cost us a few hundred grand and will delay our global tour by at least 5-10 years when all is said and done. And, it was a one-two punch on literally the same day -- right after finding out we lost everything on the house, we found out our small business trade name is not registerable in our current jurisdiction that we moved to, which means that our business is on "hold" until we finish the rebrand, and all this means I'm likely not going to be in a position to responsibly be purchasing the Grenadier at any price this year.

I've been vocally chomping at the bit of this thing for years, but such is life and if life was an easy, straight line I bet I'd be incredibly bored! :D A run of bad luck financially is in many ways the best bad luck to have - I'd take this any day over an impact to my health or the health of my family. I have a job that I love in literal paradise, so don't feel bad for me - it's just a truck! And as the great Stoic thinkers say, "Patience is a Virtue" and I intend to be quite virtuous until things bounce back.

Slings and arrows hit us all, the question is how we get back up. And when I do, I'll be seated behind the wheel of a Grenadier. I can't wait to find out what the pricing will be and to live vicariously through all of you until things come back around!
I feel your pain. I spent the weekend in the hospital. Had to end up getting a bone marrow tap, which is still pending. One guess what they pull a sample of bone marrow for pathology testing. CT scan showed an 8 cm "fuzzy" mass on my liver, with 2 enlarged (involved) lymph nodes in my abdomen.
"At least you have your health!" so they say.

Local time
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I spent the weekend in the hospital. Had to end up getting a bone marrow tap, which is still pending. One guess what they pull a sample of bone marrow for pathology testing. CT scan showed an 8 cm "fuzzy" mass on my liver, with 2 enlarged (involved) lymph nodes in my abdomen.
I hope things turn out ok!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stand by for action.....
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

I reacted with a "sad" emoji because while I'm optimistic and confident you will get some positive news on this matter soon, I also know its' stressful to be in that boat. Sending lots of positivity your way my friend.

Back
Top Bottom