The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
On the accessories side - much IG will need to be very competitive on the Rino Rack side - most of the time I can go into their site and select a 10% off coupon code. I've built one with everything on it - but not going overpay for after market accessories if it is cheaper to go direct. IG is smart enough to know that already....

Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
How different are NA vehicles to other regions?
If Hambach is shut down that will cause further production delays.
So what shall be a difference for NA to most other LHD regions?
The only reason that there will be couple more changes imply that the model year already changes and more features / functions need to be added. (such as Lane Assist) what will become compulsory
But does it need to have a shutdown for more than a couple of hours..
Strange things..

Lots of little differences. Mostly will be around lights (for example, yellow headlights not allowed in the US). Canada required DRLs long before the US did. Backup cameras (if they aren't required in other markets). I suspect that the emissions firmware will be slightly different. A little light reading here: https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-49/subtitle-B/chapter-V/part-571

For a long time, there's been discussion about harmonizing the rules, but various factions who would rather that you not gray market a car into another market use these rules as barriers to entry. Big corporations hate regulations unless it helps preserve their competitive moat.

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Don't yell at me or kick me out of the club here folks, but part of me almost wished there'd be another delay! But, that would be selfish, so I'm glad the pricing is about to come out.

In terms of why it's selfish - We've had a run of bad luck. We recently moved, and our house was for sale but suffered a catastrophic flood. There were some insurance shenanigans, which left us underwater by a lot. This adventure has cost us a few hundred grand and will delay our global tour by at least 5-10 years when all is said and done. And, it was a one-two punch on literally the same day -- right after finding out we lost everything on the house, we found out our small business trade name is not registerable in our current jurisdiction that we moved to, which means that our business is on "hold" until we finish the rebrand, and all this means I'm likely not going to be in a position to responsibly be purchasing the Grenadier at any price this year.

I've been vocally chomping at the bit of this thing for years, but such is life and if life was an easy, straight line I bet I'd be incredibly bored! :D A run of bad luck financially is in many ways the best bad luck to have - I'd take this any day over an impact to my health or the health of my family. I have a job that I love in literal paradise, so don't feel bad for me - it's just a truck! And as the great Stoic thinkers say, "Patience is a Virtue" and I intend to be quite virtuous until things bounce back.

Slings and arrows hit us all, the question is how we get back up. And when I do, I'll be seated behind the wheel of a Grenadier. I can't wait to find out what the pricing will be and to live vicariously through all of you until things come back around!
Hang in there! You have a great outlook and an amazing attitude. And everything you've said is 100% true! Be positive, thankful for all that's right, and work through the setbacks. We all suffer them!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was under impression they are shutting down to switch to the 2024 model which will meet US requirements and basically be the same for all LHD markets.
I thought early on that I had read that the US would get 2024 models- which it sounds for all intents and puporses is true, we are at least going to get a tweaked version. Car companies usually switch over their model years over the summer.

If they do switch over and start back up in Ernest in Sept, we definately should get some this year- as long as there aren’t more problems. Also, I’ve heard the 7,000 number mentioned for reservations. If production is really on pace, we should all get them this year.

I just wonder about the EU orders and if they can get them all built before the shut down- or will those EU orders have to wait until 2024…. UGh, that would be a kicker…

Ineos IT hasn’t been… robust… so I’m anticipating some issues and bandwidth problems. IT’s been a long time coming, a few days more? Meh?

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I thought early on that I had read that the US would get 2024 models- which it sounds for all intents and puporses is true, we are at least going to get a tweaked version. Car companies usually switch over their model years over the summer.

If they do switch over and start back up in Ernest in Sept, we definately should get some this year- as long as there aren’t more problems. Also, I’ve heard the 7,000 number mentioned for reservations. If production is really on pace, we should all get them this year.

I just wonder about the EU orders and if they can get them all built before the shut down- or will those EU orders have to wait until 2024…. UGh, that would be a kicker…

Ineos IT hasn’t been… robust… so I’m anticipating some issues and bandwidth problems. IT’s been a long time coming, a few days more? Meh?
7000 reservations was the number I was told as well. They expect about 4000 of these to become actual orders. I guess that's the percentage they've seen convert in other markets.

Local time
Reaction score
@ChasingOurTrunks Sorry to hear about this phase in your life. But just as the bad comes so does the good! Like you said its just money. It comes and goes and as long as you just get back up it'll work out. I think waiting because you have to isn't a bad thing with Ineos. Theres going to be a lot of growing pains, They also announced other versions to come out in the next couple of years. Which means more options for you. An electric, a pickup, a smaller off-roader. As well as any improvements to the station wagon, which is not perfect currently. I do think if the price is inflated its because they partnered up with so many outside vendors and that inflated the price. If things were developed in house. Then the cost can come down, which might happen as the company grows. Also license those IP to other car brands to use their parts. Like they are currently doing with BMW etc. Best of Luck and hope you recover quickly with your Woes. Your Global Tour sounds like an amazing adventure and a great goal.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
On the accessories side - much IG will need to be very competitive on the Rino Rack side - most of the time I can go into their site and select a 10% off coupon code. I've built one with everything on it - but not going overpay for after market accessories if it is cheaper to go direct. IG is smart enough to know that already....
I’m in the U.K. and I’ve just ordered accessories for the Rhino Rack on my Grenadier and I found them cheaper than on the Ineos website albeit a two week wait for stock to come from Germany. It always pays to shop around and if I can find the same item for less then I won’t buy from Ineos.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind and supportive words, folks!! It's great to be a part of this community!

On the accessories front, don't forget that we've got strength in numbers, so if folks can afford to wait a beat or three before making big purchases, we might be able to swing a "Global Grenadiers" discount from some of those vendors; @Stu_Barnes started this thread to track those ideas and as NA launch gets closer, it gets a lot easier to coordinate these buys! I did this with a Gobi rack for my JK back in the day and we ended up saving about $700 on a retail $2200 dollar rack which is well worth having.

Local time
Reaction score
Also it doesn't really matter when it comes out cause the second it does someone is going to post about it. Also you can't make any orders for two weeks anyway. So there isn't a rush. After that you have a month to put in your order and it will go by your reservation number. So don't rush your self take your time. I'm pretty sure some of us will be playing with for awhile to see what we really need or don't need with the pricing...
I thought something was said about the orders will be batched based on ordered configurations. So you can be the first one out of the gates but if you have a weird configuration, yours may not be finished until the end. I may be confused. I’ve had a beer since then.

Local time
Reaction score
@ChasingOurTrunks , sorry to read of your troubles. Forgive my presumption, offered as food for thought...
You may want to consider placong another reservation now while the early reservation holders status is still open. You'd still be in the queue but at the back of it. Might provide some price increase protection or some other benefit.

Good luck !

Local time
Reaction score
I thought something was said about the orders will be batched based on ordered configurations. So you can be the first one out of the gates but if you have a weird configuration, yours may not be finished until the end. I may be confused. I’ve had a beer since then.
Here is the video in which they explained the roll out for the US. Also from my test drive in NY the reps said that The Belstaff editions are just a place to start from. That everything can be configured as you like things taken away and added. So You are not locked to a specific trim or config. It might have been different in the UK with the delays and trying to get vehicles out. Also the current news is deliveries will start December of this year. That has not yet changed. But I Assume it will just be a few.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8-Jz6VhQ7o

Local time
Reaction score
I previously read 2 seat utility wont be available in US. Is this confirmed? Something about tax import for these types of vehicles?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
@ChasingOurTrunks , sorry to read of your troubles. Forgive my presumption, offered as food for thought...
You may want to consider placong another reservation now while the early reservation holders status is still open. You'd still be in the queue but at the back of it. Might provide some price increase protection or some other benefit.

Good luck !
Great idea Painter! I may just do that; I've hovered over the "cancel" button 3 times last week without clicking, but after the third time I went and bought a lotto ticket instead (Hey you never know!), so I hope to hold my spot until the last possible moment in the off chance I get lucky, but your idea of extending the spot is a good one that I shall explore!

Back
Top Bottom