The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have insight or knowledge of the time and associated timezone with which the May 17th configurator will be launched? Could this be a 'stroke of midnight (EST)' kind of thing? I don't recall what the launch of the pricing configurator was like for the other world markets last year.
patience_grasshopper.jpg

HTF are there no GIFs from Caine?!

Last edited:

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Had an email from someone inside IA NA late last week. Pricing and configurator are looking to go live as planned on Wednesday. Dealer "coverage" should also be made public but they will not release the names or exact locations of the dealers. This is now to come in August for USA and September for Canada. Deliveries are still anticipated to begin December 2023. They have also decided not to do a second round of prototype test drive events. Instead, dealers will be given vehicles (likely later prototypes) which will allow for test drives at their locations. Again, these will not be released until August or September.
I went back and watched Greg Clark's last video and he subtly shares that "dealer coverage will be available" (or some such wording) on 5/17. I guess technically they are staying true to what was announced however I was under the impression that we would know exactly who and where the dealers would be.

Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have insight or knowledge of the time and associated timezone with which the May 17th configurator will be launched? Could this be a 'stroke of midnight (EST)' kind of thing? I don't recall what the launch of the pricing configurator was like for the other world markets last year.
I just rewatched the video update from April 19 and they were vague. Saying they would announce pricing during the week “commencing May 16th” and then “approximately two weeks later during the last week of May we’ll open our order banks” to convert your reservation.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had an email from someone inside IA NA late last week. Pricing and configurator are looking to go live as planned on Wednesday. Dealer "coverage" should also be made public but they will not release the names or exact locations of the dealers. This is now to come in August for USA and September for Canada. Deliveries are still anticipated to begin December 2023. They have also decided not to do a second round of prototype test drive events. Instead, dealers will be given vehicles (likely later prototypes) which will allow for test drives at their locations. Again, these will not be released until August or September.
I went back and watched Greg Clark's last video and he subtly shares that "dealer coverage will be available" (or some such wording) on 5/17. I guess technically they are staying true to what was announced however I was under the impression that we would know exactly who and where the dealers would be.
What is "dealer coverage?" Like which States?

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
Per an Ineos rep at the DC drive event, the Hambach factory will shut down in July to change the assembly line to manufacture NA vehicles. If that timeline holds, it's feasible that they will deliver some NA vehicles before year end.
How different are NA vehicles to other regions?
If Hambach is shut down that will cause further production delays.
So what shall be a difference for NA to most other LHD regions?
The only reason that there will be couple more changes imply that the model year already changes and more features / functions need to be added. (such as Lane Assist) what will become compulsory
But does it need to have a shutdown for more than a couple of hours..
Strange things..

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NA will be getting the front steel bumper for certain, but otherwise you make a very valid point.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NA will be getting the front steel bumper for certain, but otherwise you make a very valid point.
The steel bumpers do not need a factory shutdown - that ones are already assembled for Australia.. so this statement makes me wonder really.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The only reason that there will be couple more changes imply that the model year already changes and more features / functions need to be added. (such as Lane Assist) what will become compulsory
Strange things..
They probably just shut down for French summer holiday and start over again afterwards. I had the same thought about the difference in the cars for the USA as you had. They get some knee airbags which we don’t have. That’s more or less the biggest difference in my opinion.

Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
Strange things..
I was under impression they are shutting down to switch to the 2024 model which will meet US requirements and basically be the same for all LHD markets.

Local time
Reaction score
Also it doesn't really matter when it comes out cause the second it does someone is going to post about it. Also you can't make any orders for two weeks anyway. So there isn't a rush. After that you have a month to put in your order and it will go by your reservation number. So don't rush your self take your time. I'm pretty sure some of us will be playing with for awhile to see what we really need or don't need with the pricing...

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also it doesn't really matter when it comes out cause the second it does someone is going to post about it. Also you can't make any orders for two weeks anyway. So there isn't a rush. After that you have a month to put in your order and it will go by your reservation number. So don't rush your self take your time. I'm pretty sure some of us will be playing with for awhile to see what we really need or don't need with the pricing...
You and @Krabby both make good (pragmatic) points. Im probably just going to be up til midnight waiting to check and see anyway

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They told me a network of 20 stand alone US dealers to start with.
Same (we were probably standing next to one another 🤣 ) - I was curious what @REOhio meant suggesting that something related to the dealers would be announced Wednesday.

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Same (we were probably standing next to one another 🤣 ) - I was curious what @REOhio meant suggesting that something related to the dealers would be announced Wednesday.
The email alluded to the idea that we might know what areas will be covered by a dealer, but we will not know who those dealers actually are - until August that is.

Local time
Reaction score
The email alluded to the idea that we might know what areas will be covered by a dealer, but we will not know who those dealers actually are - until August that is.
Right, at the New York test drive. They mentioned that they would announce the 20 location cities. But not specific exact locations. The driver instructor I was talking to said she believes it would be the big major cities, and transportation hubs where exports and imports would come out of like Raleigh for example. Also that they would have their 24 hour Parts warehouse located some where on the east coast.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm hoping "NY Area" means New Jersey! I avoid the city like the plague, and even though North Jersey is urban and crowded, it's nothing compared to the five boroughs. There are some swanky dealerships on Rt. 17 (McLaren, Porsche, and - of most note - BMW of Ramsey).

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Right, at the New York test drive. They mentioned that they would announce the 20 location cities. But not specific exact locations. The driver instructor I was talking to said she believes it would be the big major cities, and transportation hubs where exports and imports would come out of like Raleigh for example. Also that they would have their 24 hour Parts warehouse located some where on the east coast.
Well that sounds pretty good then. Wes, the guy who many of us met at the events, said he did not know where the dealers would be but explained that the sites for the driving events were chosen based primarily on there being dealers in those areas they had been working with. No idea how far away the dealer might be from the off-road events locations that hosted the events but likely not too far. This might fold into the choice of not doing a second round of INEOS hosted events as the dealers will by then be able to offer the same test drive services. Selfishly, I hope the nearest one to us is not Chicago. That's 5-6 hours EACH WAY from our home!

Local time
Reaction score
Well that sounds pretty good then. Wes, the guy who many of us met at the events, said he did not know where the dealers would be but explained that the sites for the driving events were chosen based primarily on there being dealers in those areas they had been working with. No idea how far away the dealer might be from the off-road events locations that hosted the events but likely not too far. This might fold into the choice of not doing a second round of INEOS hosted events as the dealers will by then be able to offer the same test drive services. Selfishly, I hope the nearest one to us is not Chicago. That's 5-6 hours EACH WAY from our home!
My guess for the New York drive is that they are going to have the dealership by NYC or just outside in NJ. It makes the most sense for the tristate area and the ports. But if you live in Buffalo you might be out of luck but there are close airports near by. Or maybe they will deliver in the first couple of years. They did say this is the start and that they will hope to open more in the following years. The biggest issue is what is going to happen with repairs and recalls and service. If you live hours away like you said it can be a real issue.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The biggest issue is what is going to happen with repairs and recalls and service. If you live hours away like you said it can be a real issue.
Driving 1-2+ hours for service isn't the end of the world, but if it's for something small and quick it would be frustrating.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
Don't yell at me or kick me out of the club here folks, but part of me almost wished there'd be another delay! But, that would be selfish, so I'm glad the pricing is about to come out.

In terms of why it's selfish - We've had a run of bad luck. We recently moved, and our house was for sale but suffered a catastrophic flood. There were some insurance shenanigans, which left us underwater by a lot. This adventure has cost us a few hundred grand and will delay our global tour by at least 5-10 years when all is said and done. And, it was a one-two punch on literally the same day -- right after finding out we lost everything on the house, we found out our small business trade name is not registerable in our current jurisdiction that we moved to, which means that our business is on "hold" until we finish the rebrand, and all this means I'm likely not going to be in a position to responsibly be purchasing the Grenadier at any price this year.

I've been vocally chomping at the bit of this thing for years, but such is life and if life was an easy, straight line I bet I'd be incredibly bored! :D A run of bad luck financially is in many ways the best bad luck to have - I'd take this any day over an impact to my health or the health of my family. I have a job that I love in literal paradise, so don't feel bad for me - it's just a truck! And as the great Stoic thinkers say, "Patience is a Virtue" and I intend to be quite virtuous until things bounce back.

Slings and arrows hit us all, the question is how we get back up. And when I do, I'll be seated behind the wheel of a Grenadier. I can't wait to find out what the pricing will be and to live vicariously through all of you until things come back around!

Back
Top Bottom