The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia South Australia Grenadier orders - Anyone?

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m in Adelaide, South Australia and am eagerly awaiting ANY update from IA on my order, that I placed almost a year ago in July 2022.
Just wondering if anyone else has placed an order, received a contract or been notified by IA regarding shipping, delivery or handover of their vehicle here in South Australia.
I’m planning to contact our local dealer and service provider here in Adelaide (Hills Automotive Group on Glen Osmond Road, Adelaide) to make some inquiries regarding the status of my order, as the online customer service has been, well… average at best.
I’m keen to hear about your experiences.
Cheers,
Matt.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m in Adelaide, South Australia and am eagerly awaiting ANY update from IA on my order, that I placed almost a year ago in July 2022.
Just wondering if anyone else has placed an order, received a contract or been notified by IA regarding shipping, delivery or handover of their vehicle here in South Australia.
I’m planning to contact our local dealer and service provider here in Adelaide (Hills Automotive Group on Glen Osmond Road, Adelaide) to make some inquiries regarding the status of my order, as the online customer service has been, well… average at best.
Cheers,
Matt.

1686459350686.png

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
Cheers,
Matt.
Contact with my dealer has been good so far, they should be able to give you an idea on where you sit in the grand scheme of things, my dealer can tell me what stage I'm at by looking at their portal or whatever they have available to them.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow DaveB, you’re a lot closer to your Grenadier than I am, despite having paid my deposit on July 11, 2022. I’ve heard nothing from IA for so long, I’m starting to wonder if I’ll see the car this year, (if at all). I’ll definitely have a chat to my local dealer this week and see if they can provide some useful information, something that the online customer support has not been able to. Cheers

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been stuck here for the last 11 months…😳
Yes but I received the email to sign the contract on 26th April, which I did straight away, a couple of days later it went into production.
So change from where you are to where I am took 2-3 days.
Back in January I was told by my dealer my car was built and about to get on a boat.
Originally I was told I would get it around July/August.
July/August still seems most likely.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes but I received the email to sign the contract on 26th April, which I did straight away, a couple of days later it went into production.
Back in January I was told by my dealer my car was built and about to get on a boat.
I’ll definitely make contact with our dealer here in Adelaide this week to see if they have any information. A mate of mine here in Adelaide ordered his Trialmaster in May 2022 and his has arrived in Australia, awaiting customs clearance, etc. I reckon my order must have been “misplaced”!

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score

The truth is probably in there somewhere, most likely attended (as Churchill said) by a bodyguard of lies...

I wonder from all these sorts of tales if Ineos made a decision to replace these vehicles (build new ones) rather than re-work them, after customers had been notified?

The first 500 really couldnt've been much more than a pilot run

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The truth is probably in there somewhere, most likely attended (as Churchill said) by a bodyguard of lies...

I wonder from all these sorts of tales if Ineos made a decision to replace these vehicles (build new ones) rather than re-work them, after customers had been notified?

I would think you are probably 100% correct

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I reached out to our local dealer here in Adelaide (via an online contact form). The manager contacted me the next day with information regarding my order/contract/build, more than I have ever received from my dealings with IA customer service. I’m tantalizingly close to seeing a contract ( hopefully within the next week or two). Win!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score

Well the VIN numbers should shed some light on that, the lowest number so far is...?

sheppo31

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey team,

Adelaide Motors are consistently trying to be helpful. But I reckon we should rename ourselves the 'Mushroom State' I ordered in May 2022, Contract in February 2023. Supposedly built and shipped to unload in Pt Kembla on the 20th of June. But alas On Friday 23 June received the news that the ship may now dock in mid July and then sit and wait.

While the team at Adelaide Motors have been great, they really aren't getting much information from INEOS, I have asked which ship my car is on. I have been scouring the forums here and on Facebook. But there just isn't any news. I don't mind waiting, as much as I want the car, but the lack of information is really quite frustrating. An email with details from INEOS would be great, especially as their portal says the car is still in production!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
Get onto the social media feeds of Ineos direct and ask the question, or join the social media webinar this week and if they ask for any questions...let them know how NOT providing shipping info is acting as a disengagement factor.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey team,

Adelaide Motors are consistently trying to be helpful. But I reckon we should rename ourselves the 'Mushroom State' I ordered in May 2022, Contract in February 2023. Supposedly built and shipped to unload in Pt Kembla on the 20th of June. But alas On Friday 23 June received the news that the ship may now dock in mid July and then sit and wait.

While the team at Adelaide Motors have been great, they really aren't getting much information from INEOS, I have asked which ship my car is on. I have been scouring the forums here and on Facebook. But there just isn't any news. I don't mind waiting, as much as I want the car, but the lack of information is really quite frustrating. An email with details from INEOS would be great, especially as their portal says the car is still in production!
I recommend you stop asking.
Who cares which ship it is on?
I have owned over 20 cars in the last 50+ years and I can't recall ever knowing which ship they have arrived in Australia on.

sheppo31

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I recommend you stop asking.
Who cares which ship it is on?
I have owned over 20 cars in the last 50+ years and I can't recall ever knowing which ship they have arrived in Australia on.
Oh, I forgot, that if you ignore a problem it just goes away! I suspect you missed the main point of the issue, which is the complete lack of effective communication and a portal completely contradicts the dealer.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey team,

I ordered mine in July 2022. Have not received and had zero engagement from IA regarding my contract. Paul at Adelaide Hills Motor group gave me some vague information regarding when my contract might be issued (but we are now long since passed that estimated time period). Customer service portal with IA have provided no information on a build date nor a contract. I’m genuinely starting to think that I will never see this car, either because it never arrives or because I simply give up waiting in the black hole of IA silence. I hope yours arrives soon sheppo31. Be good to have some Grenadiers driving around Adelaide.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered mine in July 2022. Have not received and had zero engagement from IA regarding my contract. Paul at Adelaide Hills Motor group gave me some vague information regarding when my contract might be issued (but we are now long since passed that estimated time period). Customer service portal with IA have provided no information on a build date nor a contract. I’m genuinely starting to think that I will never see this car, either because it never arrives or because I simply give up waiting in the black hole of IA silence. I hope yours arrives soon sheppo31. Be good to have some Grenadiers driving around Adelaide.
Have you called this number?
I did once and the guy was in Melbourne and very helpful

1687900395171.png

Back
Top Bottom