The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Delivery Date - UK

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
bugger, looks like I'll be needing to change the D4's lower arms and air intake manifolds to tide me over. Was planning on chucking it 'as seen' on a part-ex next month. That's eaten into the booze budget, I want at least a free cup Ineos if you are reading this!
You can live with a shimmy and clunk surely. ;)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
You can live with a shimmy and clunk surely. ;)
I certainly can but unfortunately both MOT failures. The arm swivels have eaten themselves and it won't rev past 1700 (for emissions test) without going into 'limp home mode'. Aaargh!!!!

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes very much the same story here, originally a January 13th build date with Jan / Feb delivery, [obviously January has sailed away now!!] spoke to my agent [Jardine's Kent yesterday] and they have nothing new, and nothing to add, but were able to supply the build spec with the prices on it, my one on the portal doesnt have those. I also spoke to Ineos support, both a service agent and their managers as well, and they are saying - yes its in production, the build date has changed from January 13th to February, to take into account the additional quality checks, but don't expect it till the end of March at the earliest, as for the contract, that will have the delivery date on it so coming soon still. So all in all not much further forward but it will get here soon. They did say those receiving the Grenadiers are the VIP's so I will doff my cap to you!:eek:;)

The really annoying thing is - like many here, March is tax, MOT, insurance, service and new brake discs in the car I was moving on, so fewer beer 🍻tokens for me I think, either that or more work.

For the lucky ones who are getting the Grenadier this month - photos videos and feedback please please please (y) 🚙

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
I certainly can but unfortunately both MOT failures. The arm swivels have eaten themselves and it won't rev past 1700 (for emissions test) without going into 'limp home mode'. Aaargh!!!!
ah uk, I forgot. no MOT in the states, there's some shockingly maintained vehicles here

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ah uk, I forgot. no MOT in the states, there's some shockingly maintained vehicles here
Wow 😯 no roadworthy test. That surprises me. Even when I was in Malawi they had a COF certificate of fitness test. Although to be fair you could leave an envelope on the passenger seat if you were that way inclined. 😂

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
only 5 sleeps to go......
Ha. The nightmare continues.. I was skiing last week and was awaiting confirmation that it had landed at the dealer.. Being IA, it has yet to appear! Unless it did so today, I’m not sure I can count on delivery next week.. Our plan was to “visit it” this weekend with my lads and take some photos but alas that’s not to be….

Not sure how long it takes to pdi etc so I’ll just have to sit tight…. rest assured, i‘ll update on any developments..

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Only emissions, and if the police think its unsafe they give you a ticket. At lest thats how it seems to work in California, anybody in the USA please correct me if I'm wrong.
Like most things, it depends on what state you live in. Here in NJ, there's inspection that includes not only emissions, but also your horn, brakes, lights. etc. New cars are exempt for 3-4 years and there after, inspection is typically every 2-3 years. Other states, like Iowa for example (I once twice lived there), has zero inspections whatsoever; however, you can receive a ticket if the car is deemed unsafe by the police.

Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
I sold a beautiful Defender 90 to a friend in PA…. Their friendly “MOT” inspector snagged it for a couple of ridiculously small issues, PA can be brutal but here in NJ they only check the emissions and even then with all my old Defenders etc there’s never an issue.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
Yes very much the same story here, originally a January 13th build date with Jan / Feb delivery, [obviously January has sailed away now!!] spoke to my agent [Jardine's Kent yesterday] and they have nothing new, and nothing to add, but were able to supply the build spec with the prices on it, my one on the portal doesnt have those. I also spoke to Ineos support, both a service agent and their managers as well, and they are saying - yes its in production, the build date has changed from January 13th to February, to take into account the additional quality checks, but don't expect it till the end of March at the earliest, as for the contract, that will have the delivery date on it so coming soon still. So all in all not much further forward but it will get here soon. They did say those receiving the Grenadiers are the VIP's so I will doff my cap to you!:eek:;)

The really annoying thing is - like many here, March is tax, MOT, insurance, service and new brake discs in the car I was moving on, so fewer beer 🍻tokens for me I think, either that or more work.

For the lucky ones who are getting the Grenadier this month - photos videos and feedback please please please (y) 🚙
Ditto beano. I was 24 Jan now “Feb”. No change on portal.

I hanging out for demos to arrive in perth as have driven one yet. 🥸

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ha. The nightmare continues.. I was skiing last week and was awaiting confirmation that it had landed at the dealer.. Being IA, it has yet to appear! Unless it did so today, I’m not sure I can count on delivery next week.. Our plan was to “visit it” this weekend with my lads and take some photos but alas that’s not to be….

Not sure how long it takes to pdi etc so I’ll just have to sit tight…. rest assured, i‘ll update on any developments..
Just popped in to my dealer and they’ve yet to receive their own demonstrator or my own unit.. They were very friendly as usual and I commented that the saga is all part of the IA “brand experience“.

They have a PT2 in silver in the showroom but I didn’t succumb to the temptation of jumping in it as it only makes the delay worse..

Roll on next week……!

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just popped in to my dealer and they’ve yet to receive their own demonstrator or my own unit.. They were very friendly as usual and I commented that the saga is all part of the IA “brand experience“.

They have a PT2 in silver in the showroom but I didn’t succumb to the temptation of jumping in it as it only makes the delay worse..

Roll on next week……!
This doesn’t happen to the PT2 in your dealers showroom does it? C521C5A3-2584-4CAE-A6CA-B479E48DC0EE.jpeg

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

How are things looking for Wednesday is it two sleeps or a two nightmares?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How are things looking for Wednesday is it two sleeps or a two nightmares?
I popped in to the dealer on Saturday and it’s not arrived so I doubt I’ll get it this week even if it arrived today. No doubt they will have to fettle and pdi it before I get my sweaty palms on it.

Back
Top Bottom