The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Honesty from Ineos Automotive please….

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
But not from the answers he got.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
And I have a TD5 90 - pictured, that’s certainly staying, I have sold my SL 350 last weekend pending the Grenadier arrival!
Two reason why I might consider selling my Td5.
1. Too much metal all round with the other vehicles I own. I am hoping that the Grenadier provides me with the same feel as driving my Defender although at a higher level of sophistication and comfort. My Td5 has been tuned by 'Alive Tuning' and turns out over 220 BHP but can feel a bit brutal.
2. The value of the Td5 would help replenish the £68,000 pound hole in my savings following purchase of the Grenadier.
Having said that, I do still, very much enjoy driving it so watch this space.

I too have a Mercedes sport. A 320 SLK One of the very last off the production line in 2004. One previous owner and 17,000 miles when purchased, seven years ago. Reg number as above. That vehicle doesn't stand me a great deal of cash, is in immaculate condition and bearing in mind that most of them have rusted to bits, is becoming ever rarer. Again, with the roof down I always enjoy the relaxed drive and the sound of its V6.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We drive to the Alps every year to go skiing in the Defender (this year Andorra) and my wife says that the Defender is more comfortable than the SL! I have done lots to my TD5 that’s running at around 190 BHP so not quite as much raw power as yours but still good, the Roamerdrive overdrive, soundproofing, decent seats, decent wheels and tyres and cruise control all help but I am really looking forward to taking the Grenadier in 2024…. If it has arrived by then!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We drive to the Alps every year to go skiing in the Defender (this year Andorra) and my wife says that the Defender is more comfortable than the SL! I have done lots to my TD5 that’s running at around 190 BHP so not quite as much raw power as yours but still good, the Roamerdrive overdrive, soundproofing, decent seats, decent wheels and tyres and cruise control all help but I am really looking forward to taking the Grenadier in 2024…. If it has arrived by then!
Had the GKN overdrive in my 300 Tdi and very happy with it too. Sounds like we have done similar things to our Td5.
Without wanting to get controversial. I do think that whatever we do to our old Defenders, they will still be old technology and not touch the new experience of the Grenadier. I liked what the journalist from Land Rover magazine had to say when stating that nothing would make him get rid of his Defender but he had to admit that it was now more of a 'Classic' vehicle and the Grenadier would be his new daily if purchase was an option.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had the GKN overdrive in my 300 Tdi and very happy with it too. Sounds like we have done similar things to our Td5.
Without wanting to get controversial. I do think that whatever we do to our old Defenders, they will still be old technology and not touch the new experience of the Grenadier. I liked what the journalist from Land Rover magazine had to say when stating that nothing would make him get rid of his Defender but he had to admit that it was now more of a 'Classic' vehicle and the Grenadier would be his new daily if purchase was an option.
Yes, I have almost lost count of the mods that I have done, that’s the pleasure of an old Defender, you can always find something else to add/change!

I do however take more care as it gets older and the mileage climbs but it is still strong, our trip to Andorra was 1,075 miles each way and the engine oil consumption was hardly noticeable on the dipstick, BFG KO2’s 38,000 miles and they have at least another 30,000 miles left, that’s what I have specced them for the Grenadier!

Certainly a Classic!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I have almost lost count of the mods that I have done, that’s the pleasure of an old Defender, you can always find something else to add/change!

I do however take more care as it gets older and the mileage climbs but it is still strong, our trip to Andorra was 1,075 miles each way and the engine oil consumption was hardly noticeable on the dipstick, BFG KO2’s 38,000 miles and they have at least another 30,000 miles left, that’s what I have specced them for the Grenadier!

Certainly a Classic!
likewise. BF Goodrich 80,000 miles on the Defender and only changing due to age

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
likewise. got 40k miles on my KO2's and perhaps another 20k or so left. Heavier Disco though.

rotation rotation rotation

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Many suggest that tyres/tires should be removed after 8 years whatever the milage
I think UK law was recently changed in this regard:

"From 1st February 2021 it is illegal for front axles of HGVs including buses and coaches (vehicles above a gross vehicle weight of 3500 kgs) and all axles on minibuses when fitted in single configuration to use tyres aged more than 10 years."

Local time
Reaction score
I am with you. For me another assuring bit is that the dealers- although neither in a good position- are more or less happy and relaxed. They know what’s going wrong and how it will be fixed and follow the way. Important seems to be that the staff of Ineos is obviously working hard on everting and acts as real partners to the dealers.
That’s at least the image I got for the German market.
Are they generally happy and relaxed? Mine is having to report to his Board this week as to why they haven’t made a penny from Ineos some 18 months after budgeting they would? I should think Ineos are testing the dealers resolve as much as our own.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many suggest that tyres/tires should be removed after 8 years whatever the milage
Yes, after that they are so hard that they will not wear off anyway. Unfortunately the do not support braking or bad weather conditions neither…

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are they generally happy and relaxed? Mine is having to report to his Board this week as to why they haven’t made a penny from Ineos some 18 months after budgeting they would? I should think Ineos are testing the dealers resolve as much as our own.
There will be differences between the salesperson and the financial controlling for sure. I was talking about the salesperson.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
Rotation is key to getting a good lifespan... and not using soft Pirellis!!!
Ah soft pirelli’s.
Years ago when I lived on the Gold Coast I used to run pirelli demons on my bike.
After a good run up the twisties into the hinterland I used to be able to push the softened rubber on the trye edges off with my thumb. Sticky as shit on a blanket. Loved em.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ah soft pirelli’s.
Years ago when I lived on the Gold Coast I used to run pirelli demons on my bike.
After a good run up the twisties into the hinterland I used to be able to push the softened rubber on the trye edges off with my thumb. Sticky as shit on a blanket. Loved em.
Ha you and me both! I ran Pirellis on my 955i and they lasted less than 10,000kms!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, after that they are so hard that they will not wear off anyway. Unfortunately the do not support braking or bad weather conditions neither…
I've chucked out quite a few sets of 8 year old tyres with 15,000km's on them for that very reason

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've chucked out quite a few sets of 8 year old tyres with 15,000km's on them for that very reason
Me to. If an old car has no other security items than driver and tyres you shouldn’t think twice regardless how good the profile is. Obviously sometimes an exchange of the driver would improve security even more…

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can be sure there would've been regular round tables on whether to inform deposit holders about delays, especially early adopters. But, it seems they decided the least collateral damage long term would be radio silence, in the hope the 'worth the wait' play would keep the horde at bay. I'd say the hole got to deep and they just kept running with it.
Sir Jim needs to throw in a free Grenadier windscreen shade on delivery to say, 'Thanks for waiting!'.
Should be plenty of time to organise it. ;) ;)
View attachment 7808139

Attachments

• poor form.png
    poor form.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom