The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia South Australia Grenadier orders - Anyone?

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Price has been corrected down to $141,151.87 inc all charges.
1 Vehicle and Powertrain
Model Grenadier
Station Wagon
5-Seat
Trim Trialmaster Edition
Engine BMW 3.0L Twin-Turbo Diesel, Straight-Six Engine
Diesel Water Separator
Transmission
8-Speed Automatic Transmission with Manual
2 Exterior
Body Colour
Donny Grey
Contrast elements - Painted
Contrast Ladder Frame - Black
Wheels 17" Steel Wheel
Locking Wheel Nuts
Tyres BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Tyre
Options and accessories
Safari Windows
Heat Reflective Privacy Glass
Exterior Utility Belt
Access Ladder
Spare Wheel Lockable Storage Box
3 Interior
Interior Trim
Leather Trim - Black
Heated Front Seats
Heavy-duty seat covers
Heavy Duty Seat Covers - Front
Heavy Duty Seat Covers - Rear
Comfort
Nappa Leather Driver's Pack
Central Stowage Box, Lockable
Infotainment
Compass with Altimeter
Flooring
Heavy Duty Loadspace Flooring
Heavy Duty Utility Flooring with Drain Valves
Rubber Floor Mats
4 Utility
Packs
Rough Pack
Smooth Pack
Off-road
Centre Differential Lock
Differential Locks Front & Rear
Raised Air Intake
Roo Bar / Bull Bar
Checker Plate for Front Fenders
Rock Sliders
Winching & Towing
Integrated Heavy Duty Winch - 5.5 Tonnes
Recovery Kit
Heavy Duty Shovel
Class III 1-7/8" NAS Tow Hitch and Electrics
Power
Auxiliary Charge Points
Auxiliary Battery
High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical
Interior cargo
Interior Utility Rails
Cargo Management System
Luggage Organiser
Loadspace Partition Net
Retention Net
Quick Release Tie-Down Rings (x4)
Tailgate Table
Safety, security

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I contacted Ineos in Melbourne two days ago about the lack of progress on my order since I signed the contract and paid the $5k. They actually answered my call promptly. They sent me an email today saying that someone would call me next Monday. I checked my order online today.....they have updated the contract value but deleted the contract signed info. :mad:

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
I’ll definitely make contact with our dealer here in Adelaide this week to see if they have any information. A mate of mine here in Adelaide ordered his Trialmaster in May 2022 and his has arrived in Australia, awaiting customs clearance, etc. I reckon my order must have been “misplaced”!
Ask your dealer if you have an assigned VIN (this is available on their portal). Then you can see the status of shipping on the file I posted a couple of days ago (attached here for ya!

Attachments

• Australia_NZ_SA.xlsx
    29 KB · Views: 9

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
Ask your dealer if you have an assigned VIN (this is available on their portal). Then you can see the status of shipping on the file I posted a couple of days ago (attached here for ya!
And while you’re at it, (if you’re financing) request a tax invoice from INEOS you’ll need it for the financier. The one that they initially provide isn’t any good and the Dealer can’t give you one.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
And while you’re at it, (if you’re financing) request a tax invoice from INEOS you’ll need it for the financier. The one that they initially provide isn’t any good and the Dealer can’t give you one.
Ineos apparently will only issue a tax invoice once the vehicle has arrived at your dealer. They will not issue one any earlier than that.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I contacted Ineos in Melbourne two days ago about the lack of progress on my order since I signed the contract and paid the $5k. They actually answered my call promptly. They sent me an email today saying that someone would call me next Monday. I checked my order online today.....they have updated the contract value but deleted the contract signed info. :mad:
One thing is very clear, the online account portal is totally out of sync with the progress of your contract, build and delivery. It can’t be relied upon. Ineos are aware of this but have done nothing about it. You’re far better off contacting your local dealer and even then, they can’t access a lot of the information you would like. All very unsatisfactory.

Sveld

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m in Adelaide, South Australia and am eagerly awaiting ANY update from IA on my order, that I placed almost a year ago in July 2022.
Just wondering if anyone else has placed an order, received a contract or been notified by IA regarding shipping, delivery or handover of their vehicle here in South Australia.
I’m planning to contact our local dealer and service provider here in Adelaide (Hills Automotive Group on Glen Osmond Road, Adelaide) to make some inquiries regarding the status of my order, as the online customer service has been, well… average at best.
I’m keen to hear about your experiences.
Cheers,
Matt.
Hi Matt
Signed a contract back in May this year , picked up the car from Adelaide Hills Automotive group a week ago.
still waiting on a bull bar and some roof racks but will take the car in when they arrive.
All in all happy with the purchase, delivery details were very general but that’s more Ineos than Adelaide Hills , they have been very helpful you just need lots of patience.🙂
‘cheers Scott

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Sveld and Matt,
Sveld I was wondering when you paid your deposit, I paid mine on 22/10/2022, and still have not signed a contract yet, and others on this forum with the same spec as mine paid their deposit late March of this year 2023 got there contract in September and their Grenadier is already on a ship.
Matt you paid your deposit 3 months before me, any news yet ?
I am starting to feel a bit frustrated, but your frustration must be on a different level.

Last edited:

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Sveld and Matt,
Sveld I was wondering when you paid your deposit, I paid mine on 22/10/2022, and still have not signed a contract yet, and others on this forum with the same spec as mine paid their deposit late March of this year 2023 got there contract in September and their Grenadier is already on a ship.
Matt you paid your deposit 3 months before me, any news yet ?
I am starting to feel a bit frustrated, but your frustration must be on a different level.
Hi Steve B,
I was told by the local dealer 2 weeks ago that my car had arrived in Australia and was “in port”, scheduled for transport to Adelaide “sometime soon”, (but that they apparently had no way of finding out when it might actually be transported). Not the best purchase experience I must say. Fingers crossed you’re not waiting too much longer.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here’s an update… My local dealer informed me last week that my new vehicle had arrived at their showroom. “Great, at long last it’s here!” I said. However…… in the tried and trusted Ineos way, there’s a problem. I can’t pay for the car until I have an invoice from Ineos. Ineos won’t provide me (or the dealer) with said invoice and indeed, they are ignoring emails and phone calls from my local dealer and customer service requests from me personally. It’s almost like they don‘t want to sell me the car that I have spent 16 months waiting for. Every aspect of this process (reservations, orders, contracts, build dates, delivery schedules, invoices, etc.) is controlled by Ineos in the UK. It’s abundantly clear that Ineos are completely overwhelmed with the task of rolling these cars out to customers, seemingly unprepared for what is such a mammoth task.
The good news is that I will (hopefully) have a new car before the end of the year, but the battles with Ineos that have frustrated me and my local dealer continue just like before.
I just hope this car is well worth the delays, lack of communication, frustration and irritation that my local dealer and I have endured for so long.

Rugged

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m in Adelaide, South Australia and am eagerly awaiting ANY update from IA on my order, that I placed almost a year ago in July 2022.
Just wondering if anyone else has placed an order, received a contract or been notified by IA regarding shipping, delivery or handover of their vehicle here in South Australia.
I’m planning to contact our local dealer and service provider here in Adelaide (Hills Automotive Group on Glen Osmond Road, Adelaide) to make some inquiries regarding the status of my order, as the online customer service has been, well… average at best.
I’m keen to hear about your experiences.
Cheers,
Matt.
Hi Matt
I ordered my Grenadier a month earlier than yours, my web site indicates it's still in production, I pick it up three weeks ago. The Western Australian dealership (Magic Enterprises group) also treats you like a mushroom. I sent emails and made a lot of phone calls and still no one would return a email or phone call, that't extremly rude of them.
It wasn't until I face them face to face they said it's was in Fremantle, then it took another month or two to get further information.
There is no online or personal customer service.
Cheer Rugged
PS: Hopefully it will be available soon.

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi Matt
I ordered my Grenadier a month earlier than yours, my web site indicates it's still in production, I pick it up three weeks ago. The Western Australian dealership (Magic Enterprises group) also treats you like a mushroom. I sent emails and made a lot of phone calls and still no one would return a email or phone call, that't extremly rude of them.
It wasn't until I face them face to face they said it's was in Fremantle, then it took another month or two to get further information.
There is no online or personal customer service.
Cheer Rugged
PS: Hopefully it will be available soon.
Hi Matt (and Rugged)
Re Adelaide Hills Motor Group
You will find Paul and Renee extremely helpful.
They are just as frustrated with the system as we all are, but they really are on our side and see the issues as a personal challenge
Josh in Service has been very knowledgable with some of the small issues I have had re software and I think he will become a real asset as he actually cares!
As I get used to my Grenadier Trailmaster I am coming to the realisation that this is the vehicle I have been waiting for to replace my trusty D2 as a bush truck. I work in desert country and it is so comfortable in this environment. Fuel tank size is an issue as discussed elsewhere, but a few jerries on the roof fixes this. In system transfer case etc temperatures is so very useful, especially over dune after dune in 40 degrees. So is the on board attitude indicators.
However the electrical and switching system is still a mystery to me! The outside accessory plugs are an example. Three run off one switch and one runs off the other. So I have put on on/off's on my outside lighting for the annexe.
The NATO plug is a good idea in theory but I think a lot of us will use it for a reduced amp Anderson plug arrangement for solar in unregulated or compressor out.
I am also having a think about drawer systems. After looking at the prices around the market ($3,000 + fitted) I am going to do it myself. Has anyone done this already?
Finally, look at the picture below. I don't have a problem with it myself, but the Finance Department certainly does and 'she is preparing a plan to axe at least one !Fleet.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
Here’s an update… My local dealer informed me last week that my new vehicle had arrived at their showroom. “Great, at long last it’s here!” I said. However…… in the tried and trusted Ineos way, there’s a problem. I can’t pay for the car until I have an invoice from Ineos. Ineos won’t provide me (or the dealer) with said invoice and indeed, they are ignoring emails and phone calls from my local dealer and customer service requests from me personally. It’s almost like they don‘t want to sell me the car that I have spent 16 months waiting for. Every aspect of this process (reservations, orders, contracts, build dates, delivery schedules, invoices, etc.) is controlled by Ineos in the UK. It’s abundantly clear that Ineos are completely overwhelmed with the task of rolling these cars out to customers, seemingly unprepared for what is such a mammoth task.
The good news is that I will (hopefully) have a new car before the end of the year, but the battles with Ineos that have frustrated me and my local dealer continue just like before.
I just hope this car is well worth the delays, lack of communication, frustration and irritation that my local dealer and I have endured for so long.
Hi MattG,
I was wondering if there are any "hopefully positive" updates ?, have you had your vehicle delivered ?, and if it has been delivered are you enjoying it.
Steve.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi MattG,
I was wondering if there are any "hopefully positive" updates ?, have you had your vehicle delivered ?, and if it has been delivered are you enjoying it.
Steve.
Hi Steve,
I’m very glad to report that my Grenadier was delivered in early December and that it has been smooth sailing ever since. Paul, Renee, Frank, Josh and the rest of the team at Adelaide Hills Motor Group have been nothing short of fantastic. Very helpful with terrific attention to detail, always willing to go the extra mile to make things right. I had the new software update performed at AHMG on Friday - no problems. The car is amazing. I have installed quite a few accessories over the last few weeks and we’re really looking forward to taking the car on an off road trip very soon. Cheers, Matt

Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my Trialmaster Grenadier yesterday, and I absolutely love it, great to drive, smooth, quiet and good looking, the 295/70r17 tyres on Black Rhino Yellowstone 17/8 38p matt black rims probably don't hurt its looks.
I had to go to Bunnings to pick a few things up, and when I got back to the vehicle a couple of blokes were looking at it, and asked if they could have a good look at it, of course I obliged, I guess that is happening to everyone, but there goes half an hour.
I would like to thank Paul, Renee, Josh and Frank from Adelaide Hills Motor Group for their professionalism, and service well above my expectations.
The mods have started springs tomorrow Friday 1/3/2024, have already added steps to the rock sliders by using temp fencing clamps and Bunnings 48mm by 1.5m high tensile galvanised and black powder coated fencing tube, and a can of matt black paint and 4 plastic end caps.
A cost affective, and easy to install and remove way of making steps, it is a long way up with those tyres, and it is going to be even further with the Eibach springs.

Braydo

Production/Transit
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
I picked up my Trialmaster Grenadier yesterday, and I absolutely love it, great to drive, smooth, quiet and good looking, the 295/70r17 tyres on Black Rhino Yellowstone 17/8 38p matt black rims probably don't hurt its looks.
I had to go to Bunnings to pick a few things up, and when I got back to the vehicle a couple of blokes were looking at it, and asked if they could have a good look at it, of course I obliged, I guess that is happening to everyone, but there goes half an hour.
I would like to thank Paul, Renee, Josh and Frank from Adelaide Hills Motor Group for their professionalism, and service well above my expectations.
The mods have started springs tomorrow Friday 1/3/2024, have already added steps to the rock sliders by using temp fencing clamps and Bunnings 48mm by 1.5m high tensile galvanised and black powder coated fencing tube, and a can of matt black paint and 4 plastic end caps.
A cost affective, and easy to install and remove way of making steps, it is a long way up with those tyres, and it is going to be even further with the Eibach springs.
Can you share pics of your sliders mod? While you’re at it, pics of the car! Sounds great - can’t wait to get my hands on mine…

Local time
Reaction score
Can you share pics of your sliders mod? While you’re at it, pics of the car! Sounds great - can’t wait to get my hands on mine…
Hi Braedough,
I will post some pictures soon, the Grenadier is well worth the wait, and I am sure you will love it when you get it, in my opinion there is nothing you can compare it to.
Cheers Steve.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have only just found out today that Adelaide Hills Motor Group on Glen Osmond road, (Ineos Grenadier dealer here in Adelaide) will be closing their Glen Osmond road business down as of Friday April 12. All of their highly knowledgeable staff such as Paul, Frank and Josh (who have been extremely helpful navigating the Ineos Australia/Customer Service issues many of us have endured) have all been made redundant. Apparently, all South Australian Grenadier owners will have to take their cars to the Mount Barker branch of the Adelaide Hills Motor Group for servicing, spare parts and repairs. Despite the sudden and unexpected nature, none of this has been communicated directly with Grenadier owners. Very upsetting for those involved in the Glen Osmond Road business and disappointing for us as owners.

Local time
Reaction score
I have only just found out today that Adelaide Hills Motor Group on Glen Osmond road, (Ineos Grenadier dealer here in Adelaide) will be closing their Glen Osmond road business down as of Friday April 12. All of their highly knowledgeable staff such as Paul, Frank and Josh (who have been extremely helpful navigating the Ineos Australia/Customer Service issues many of us have endured) have all been made redundant. Apparently, all South Australian Grenadier owners will have to take their cars to the Mount Barker branch of the Adelaide Hills Motor Group for servicing, spare parts and repairs. Despite the sudden and unexpected nature, none of this has been communicated directly with Grenadier owners. Very upsetting for those involved in the Glen Osmond Road business and disappointing for us as owners.
Yes very sad Josh the Ineos mechanic has a young family, and he is always very helpful, and just a nice man. Paul and Frank are also always cheerful and helpful and sad, "more like shattered" about the closure after the huge effort they have put in to the project, and the relationships they have developed over the last 12 months.
They will be a hard act to follow, Josh has had a couple of job offers, good mechanics are always in demand, but he really would like to keep working on Ineos vehicles.
Tony ( Top Cat ) is very upset to loose the team, he has probably had more to do with them than anyone, but I am sure we will hear from Tony soon.

Also Sad,

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom