The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS clarification of Delivery Timing

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
Today - Justin Hocevars, head of INEOS Automotive Australia Pacific, posted a clarification, on the Australian INEOS Grenadier Owners Facebook page, after many customers have received an email from INEOS yesterday regarding delivery times to Australian customers.

In a nutshell:
1. Since production commenced on 17 October, company fleet, network & customer vehicle cars are being made slowly, (I assume in that order) and will gradually ramp up until the end of 2022
2. 3 ships per month will carry Grenadiers to Australia & NZ and so with 60 days shipping time to Australia plus 10 days each side for logistics - then allow about 90 days from factory off the line to your garage.
3. Contracts are delayed & the 60 day period prior to production may be shorter

Here is what Justin said-

"In response to some comments & queries raised in this forum, I’d like to offer some general local feedback. Aus & NZ production commences in parallel to other launch markets. As you’re aware we commenced Job#1 Oct 17th and since then & throughout the tail end of ‘22 manufacturing of company fleet, network & customer vehicles gradually ramps up. Between 01/11/22 and 09/01/23 using the latest RoRo schedule there’s about 15 sailings between Zeebrugge & Melbourne (we also ship to Perth, Bris, Syd & Auck). With high demand on global logistics we’re accessing approx. 3 sailings per month. Depending on booking availability, route direction & assuming no delays, most of these sailings average approx 60 days (shortest 45 & longest 67). Plus outbound/inbound vehicle ground logistics ex-Hambach & locally, both adding approx 10 days each end. Add to that Agent pre-delivery preparation time, also capacity dependent. So as a general guide allow ~90 days from factory to customer. As an example & working backwards, if you have received an April/May estimated handover date, your vehicle is likely to be in a February/March build window.
Naturally once a vehicle is built & on a ship, we can refine the ETD.
I hope this update helps clarify any concerns."

Also regards contracts, there is a "hold-up" and this the "60 day" pre-production contract to customers will be shorter.

Justin said-

"if you’d like to amend your order, please contact the customer service team & request changes. No need to wait for contracts. The release of contracts has been held up & therefore for early production months the 60 days is already being ‘eaten into’. That’s why the customer service team has been contacting those early production month customers to check / amend orders.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for those information.
It clarified some issues not only for Australia and NZ but also for us in Europe.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree bemax & what are "network" vehicles?........."manufacturing of company fleet, network & customer vehicles"..

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Does anybody know who the "European Justin Hocevar" is? I couldn't find something on the web about it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'm better at writing.
And I hate phones.

I've never got a "you won $1 million" call. Usually someone needs help, wants me to do something, or it's my accountant.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Europe has grown - that's a large area for Klaus to cover
I think it was originally listed as Europe and Russia; but the last bit's been dropped.

Imagine being rung up by a certain Mr P, and asked when could he expect his order?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
have you ever received a "you won $1 million" email?
Yes. Alas, they were all fakes.

But a written letter should perhaps be a bit more serious.

... I hope.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Yes. Alas, they were all fakes.

But a written letter should perhaps be a bit more serious.

... I hope.
I believe there was a bloke who died recently in Africa surrounded by millions and millions of US dollars that he had been trying to give away over the internet for years!!!

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone actually had any success in getting any amendments made to their original order? I went to ineos customer service as suggested by Justin Hovecar and got the response below. I know my local dealer will be zero help as they can't even see my order let alone make any changes.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1667097103748.jpg
    FB_IMG_1667097103748.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 31

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to my agent the other day (texted his mobile), and he said that he could call me this coming week to discuss any changes that I wanted, as he was able to make those changes on his portal now.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reply from my dealer re helping with changes

"Thanks for your email.
The portal at the dealership level is only for viewing and tracking orders, not for editing them.
When you place an order, it is placed with Ineos directly, not with PIckerings so we cannot edit or change anything. To make changes, unfortunately you will have to do it through Ineos.
Thanks for the heads up about the forum, we will check it out. I have been following with great interest, many of the Youtube videos and facebook fan pages. It’s quite exciting to see and we cannot wait!"

Back
Top Bottom