The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia INEOS 4x4 Club of Victoria

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
What was the logic in registering www.ineos4x4club.com.au as the domain for the Ineos 4x4 Club of Victoria? Wouldn't it have made more sense to leave that domain for a national club and take a domain name with some reference to Victoria?

Also, why register a .com.au domain for what is more appropriately a .org.au ?

If there are going to be separate state based Ineos clubs, then it would make sense to instigate some rationale in the domains like www.ineos4x4clubvic.org.au or even ineosclubvic.org.au. Then all other states could fall into line using a similar naming format.
Hi Solmanic,

Are you involved in creating an INEOS club in NSW or QLD?

If not, do you know any Forum members who are?

cheers
mark

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Solmanic....I see your point... sort of ;)
However I have no vested interest, but speculating that as Victoria is the first cab off the rank, getting a "national" domain name safely quarantined was a good strategic move for all Aus. Grenadier owners: It means that as and when other state-based clubs get established there's an established national domain which might be shared thereby amortising costs and retaining a national focus... and because we travel long distances to play in each other's backyards, specific State-based ... issues could be accommodated by a simple add-on e g. www.ineos4x4club.com.au/(name State) or www.(name state).ineos4x4club.com.au etc
Food for thought🤔?
Hi Denis,

Are you involved in creating an INEOS club in QLD?

If not, do you know any Forum members who are?

cheers
mark

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Mark
I regret the answer to both questions is in the negative. My once well-honed skills as a "herder of cats" greatly diminished following my (first) retirement some 20 yrs ago. My "second" and final retirement came about 7 yrs later when I realised there were no cats to herd....somehow they'd disappeared! 🤣😎🥳

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mark,
Same here. I am hoping someone with more time on their hands might step up to this challenge.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mark,
Same here. I am hoping someone with more time on their hands might step up to this challenge.
OK.

I thought I read somwhere on the Forum that there were moves afoot to create a NSW and/or QLD club - and wantd to chat with those doing the organising.

INEOS has probably sold 250 Grenadiers in NSW to date and would expect to sell another 700 in 2024 - so one would have thought an owners club would make sense with 1,000 of them roaming around NSW by this time next year

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK.

I thought I read somwhere on the Forum that there were moves afoot to create a NSW and/or QLD club - and wantd to chat with those doing the organising.

INEOS has probably sold 250 Grenadiers in NSW to date and would expect to sell another 700 in 2024 - so one would have thought an owners club would make sense with 1,000 of them roaming around NSW by this time next year
I'd certainly $ support a national club with State chapters. One never knows when one might be travelling and it would be really helpful to obtain local knowledge and/or tag along to a special event.
Disclaimer: I was born and raised in Melb (within the long shadow of Princes Park. sort of). I left to study interstate a month after the then Prime Minister, Harold Holt, disappeared in the surf at Portsea....
I hasten to add, my timing was purely coincidental not consequential ! :ROFLMAO:
"Go the mighty Navy Blues!!:cool:"

Dre

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today, the INEOS 4x4 Club of Victoria Inc. was established at the Australian head offices of INEOS Automotive in Melbourne, by a group of enthausiastic Grenadier owners & soon-to-be-owners.

By-laws were accepted, committee members elected and over the coming days/weeks a range of administration functions & processes will be completed.

INEOS Automotive Australia is strongly supportive of the new Victorian Grenadier owners club and to that end Justin Hocevar, (Head of APAC Region INEOS Automotive), also attended the first club meeting, providing a corporate update to members and confirmed his desire to ensure strong links between IAA the Victorian Club are developed & maintained.

For current and future Grenadier owners, the new Victorian Club will provide a strong and fun environment to support Grenadier owners including a framework to:
  • undertake 4x4 group drives,
  • share Grenadier driving expriences & knowledge more generally,
  • particpate in the resolution of technical issues,
  • build 4WD exprience,
  • participate in group Grenadier service/maintenance training sessions,
  • examine after market vehicle modifications and Grenadier developments,
  • create friendships and enjoy social events.

I strongly encourage current & future Grenadier owners based in Victoria Australia to join.
Thanks @grenadierboy, that's awesome! I've applied to join via FB. Cheers, Dre

Back
Top Bottom