The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Very Special Guest at Australian Grenadier Club Event

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
As some may know an INEOS 4X4 Owners Club has recently been established in the state of Victoria, Australia.

Our first Club social meeting was held yesterday, a sort of "Meet & Greet" BBQ to also encourage new members.

I thought it important to note that as well as approximately 25 Grenadier owners attending, both Justin Hocevar (CEO INEOS Automotive Australia) & Lyn Calder, the CEO of INEOS Automotive attended the Club event in Melbourne.

Both Lyn and Justin addressed the event, sharing their thoughts that INEOS owner clubs will be key component in helping owners maximise the enjoyment from their vehicles.

On this theme both Lyn & Justin confirmed that INEOS Automotive will stay close and provide real support to INEOS owner clubs, not just in Australia but globally

Lyn Calder is a very impressive person & made a strong impression. Warm & friendly, Lyn particpate in all the discussions, listened to and responded to all & every question, issue or concern raised directly to her. She has a very detailed knowledge of the Grenadier, the INEOS production processes and how they are resolving ongoing problems.

Lyn emphasised the long term commitment to the success of the INEOS automotive division & confirmed the significant focus on the US market and how critical this market will be to their long term success.

Lyn.png

Lyn_taking_notes.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations on establishing the club and getting the attention of the senior management! excellent effort.
Were JH/LC's comments subject to "Chatham House Rules" or are you able to let us know progress on the S/W update, problems with T/F cases etc?
So... as Henry Root might have said "Bye Jove, well done!" ;)

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
Brilliant.

Courageous, putting the CEO out there at a grass roots/ customer type event. Many others would hide at corporate HQ, behind a wall of regional execs and customer-facing management.

[brilliant also to have non-male/stale leadership (y)]

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
As some may know an INEOS 4X4 Owners Club has recently been established in the state of Victoria, Australia.

Our first Club social meeting was held yesterday, a sort of "Meet & Greet" BBQ to also encourage new members.

I thought it important to note that as well as approximately 25 Grenadier owners attending, both Justin Hocevar (CEO INEOS Automotive Australia) & Lyn Calder, the CEO of INEOS Automotive attended the Club event in Melbourne.

Both Lyn and Justin addressed the event, sharing their thoughts that INEOS owner clubs will be key component in helping owners maximise the enjoyment from their vehicles.

On this theme both Lyn & Justin confirmed that INEOS Automotive will stay close and provide real support to INEOS owner clubs, not just in Australia but globally

Lyn Calder is a very impressive person & made a strong impression. Warm & friendly, Lyn particpate in all the discussions, listened to and responded to all & every question, issue or concern raised directly to her. She has a very detailed knowledge of the Grenadier, the INEOS production processes and how they are resolving ongoing problems.

Lyn emphasised the long term commitment to the success of the INEOS automotive division & confirmed the significant focus on the US market and how critical this market will be to their long term success.

View attachment 7834861

View attachment 7834862
Congratulations on the foundation of your club. Unfortunately, I live in Germany and can only follow you via digital media, here on the forum or perhaps you will soon have your own website. As for Lynn, I can only agree with you. We haven't met in person yet, but we have a nice contact via email. From my point of view, some CEOs can learn a thing or two. I'm talking about Germany, as I only know people in this role here.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations on establishing the club and getting the attention of the senior management! excellent effort.
Were JH/LC's comments subject to "Chatham House Rules" or are you able to let us know progress on the S/W update, problems with T/F cases etc?
So... as Henry Root might have said "Bye Jove, well done!" ;)
hi Denis,

I personally don't know a huge amount more, partly as I was doing a lot of organising during the event.

Specific things like the "large" software up (main head unit) - I don't know but the manuals are getting closer to release but no time given.

Lyn did say that production continues to increase and all cars off the line are now going straitght out on transporters to agents - there is no batch & hold for additional QC.

Justin is keen that all Australian states have an INEOS Club all suported by INEOS

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7834861

View attachment 7834862
Did they say where our jackets are?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Mumble. Not sure discussions went to this level of granularity.

I do note that quite a few jackets were in attendance.

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
I hope

View attachment 7834861

View attachment 7834862
I wish Lyn Calder would spend more time in the office sorting communication processes between all parties.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope

I wish Lyn Calder would spend more time in the office sorting communication processes between all parties.
To be fair Lyn did say that their customer communication could have been much better, it is a strong focus area to improve, (especially with the US deliveries ramping up), and it's not yet at a place she wants it to be.

Local time
Reaction score
I hope

The event was on a weekend, chill out bud. She was down in Australia for the first time engaging with the local network since becoming the CEO - good on her for taking the time out of a weekend to meet with customers and get their feedback.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The event was on a weekend, chill out bud. She was down in Australia for the first time engaging with the local network since becoming the CEO - good on her for taking the time out of a weekend to meet with customers and get their feedback.
couldn't agree more.

Our INEOS 4X4 Club was told a week or so that she MAY come to the Sunday BBQ but we thought it less than likely.

She arrived at 10.20 driving her own Grenadier (of course!) across Melbourne (I wonder how her Apple Carplay worked??), said hello to pretty much everyone, listened to questions/comments, responded, took notes, remembered names, gave out her business card, had a sausage or two, made a thankyou speech and left as we started packing up at 2.00pm. Pretty good effort I say.

Local time
Reaction score
couldn't agree more.

Our INEOS 4X4 Club was told a week or so that she MAY come to the Sunday BBQ but we thought it less than likely.

She arrived at 10.20 driving her own Grenadier (of course!) across Melbourne (I wonder how her Apple Carplay worked??), said hello to pretty much everyone, listened to questions/comments, responded, took notes, remembered names, gave out her business card, had a sausage or two, made a thankyou speech and left as we started packing up at 2.00pm. Pretty good effort I say.
Well done Lynn,

So now maybe she could respond to the 2 recorded delivery letters I sent to her in which I pointed out her the appalling customer service and manifest indifference which is the hallmark of Ineos customer service.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair Lyn did say that their customer communication could have been much better, it is a strong focus area to improve, (especially with the US deliveries ramping up), and it's not yet at a place she wants it to be.
Customer Communication as we all know is none existent. Here is hoping she does manage the problems that exist. I have had my vehicle 7 months and there are seven recall items outstanding, which I wouldn't have known about if I had not contacted my agent. Thankfully, after a visit to my agent, my vehicle is booked in for these items in mid January (the initial software was completed also after I asked for it to be done, otherwise I imagine I would still be waiting).

Local time
Reaction score
Well done Lynn,

So now maybe she could respond to the 2 recorded delivery letters I sent to her in which I pointed out her the appalling customer service and manifest indifference which is the hallmark of Ineos customer service.
You know, sending a letter to the CEO of any company won't get you far. Imagine sending Tim Cook a letter that you're annoyed with the lack of support Apple provides and expecting a response... And you'd have better luck sending Elon Musk a tweet than you would sending him a letter..!..
Get in contact with the appropriate people in your region, a quick search on Linkedin might help. Justin & his team for Australia have been fantastic at getting things sorted for a lot of us down here.

Local time
Reaction score
You know, sending a letter to the CEO of any company won't get you far. Imagine sending Tim Cook a letter that you're annoyed with the lack of support Apple provides and expecting a response... And you'd have better luck sending Elon Musk a tweet than you would sending him a letter..!..
Get in contact with the appropriate people in your region, a quick search on Linkedin might help. Justin & his team for Australia have been fantastic at getting things sorted for a lot of us down here.
Way ahead of you - I am in contact with the UK Head of Aftersales.

Back
Top Bottom