The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia INEOS 4x4 Club of Victoria

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
Today, the INEOS 4x4 Club of Victoria Inc. was established at the Australian head offices of INEOS Automotive in Melbourne, by a group of enthausiastic Grenadier owners & soon-to-be-owners.

By-laws were accepted, committee members elected and over the coming days/weeks a range of administration functions & processes will be completed.

INEOS Automotive Australia is strongly supportive of the new Victorian Grenadier owners club and to that end Justin Hocevar, (Head of APAC Region INEOS Automotive), also attended the first club meeting, providing a corporate update to members and confirmed his desire to ensure strong links between IAA the Victorian Club are developed & maintained.

For current and future Grenadier owners, the new Victorian Club will provide a strong and fun environment to support Grenadier owners including a framework to:
  • undertake 4x4 group drives,
  • share Grenadier driving expriences & knowledge more generally,
  • particpate in the resolution of technical issues,
  • build 4WD exprience,
  • participate in group Grenadier service/maintenance training sessions,
  • examine after market vehicle modifications and Grenadier developments,
  • create friendships and enjoy social events.

I strongly encourage current & future Grenadier owners based in Victoria Australia to join.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello @grenadierboy,
Where can I find some info regarding the joining the club? Do you know if the club is going to be affiliated with 4WD Victoria?
Today is only Day 1 and at the moment the club only has a facebook page.

The committee worked through many organisational issues this afternoon and we have has another meeting scheduled soon.

In the next week or so - details regarding membership, the joining process and other details will be "announced" and at this time "membership" will be fully open.

Yes - as one of the first items of business, the Victorian INEOS 4x4 Club will be fully affiliated with and supported by 4WD Victoria.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today is only Day 1 and at the moment the club only has a facebook page.

The committee worked through many organisational issues this afternoon and we have has another meeting scheduled soon.

In the next week or so - details regarding membership, the joining process and other details will be "announced" and at this time "membership" will be fully open.

Yes - as one of the first items of business, the Victorian INEOS 4x4 Club will be fully affiliated with and supported by 4WD Victoria.
Isn't Armadale in WA?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just checked - yes apparently and I can confirm that there are at least 3 Grenadiers sleeping here tonight

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
Do you have a WhatsApp group yet, I'm not on Facebook and would love to be going to the activities.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The club is still in start-up mode; incorporation, bank accounts, logo's; membership applications etc... driven by the 6 person committee.

An official website, Whatsapp will probably come within the next month or so.

We have an initial meet & greet of Grenadiers owners next Sunday in melbourne - as the start of our membership drive.

Maybe you could make this?

Details are on FB but not appropriate for me to post here!

Marlin Pete

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello @grenadierboy,
Where can I find some info regarding the joining the club? Do you know if the club is going to be affiliated with 4WD Victoria?
The Club is affiliated with 4WD Vic. There is a 'Sign up' event This Sunday 3rd December at Westerfolds Park 10am - 2pm. Free Sausage Sizzle.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What was the logic in registering www.ineos4x4club.com.au as the domain for the Ineos 4x4 Club of Victoria? Wouldn't it have made more sense to leave that domain for a national club and take a domain name with some reference to Victoria?

Also, why register a .com.au domain for what is more appropriately a .org.au ?

If there are going to be separate state based Ineos clubs, then it would make sense to instigate some rationale in the domains like www.ineos4x4clubvic.org.au or even ineosclubvic.org.au. Then all other states could fall into line using a similar naming format.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Solmanic....I see your point... sort of ;)
However I have no vested interest, but speculating that as Victoria is the first cab off the rank, getting a "national" domain name safely quarantined was a good strategic move for all Aus. Grenadier owners: It means that as and when other state-based clubs get established there's an established national domain which might be shared thereby amortising costs and retaining a national focus... and because we travel long distances to play in each other's backyards, specific State-based ... issues could be accommodated by a simple add-on e g. www.ineos4x4club.com.au/(name State) or www.(name state).ineos4x4club.com.au etc
Food for thought🤔?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Solmanic....I see your point... sort of ;)
However I have no vested interest, but speculating that as Victoria is the first cab off the rank, getting a "national" domain name safely quarantined was a good strategic move for all Aus. Grenadier owners: It means that as and when other state-based clubs get established there's an established national domain which might be shared thereby amortising costs and retaining a national focus... and because we travel long distances to play in each other's backyards, specific State-based ... issues could be accommodated by a simple add-on e g. www.ineos4x4club.com.au/(name State) or www.(name state).ineos4x4club.com.au etc
Food for thought🤔?
The /state idea makes perfect sense. Let's face it, Australia will only ever be a smallish Grenadier market so having a parent national club makes sense with state based chapters. So using that pattern, the Victoria chapter should put its website under www.ineos4x4club.com.au/vic right from the get-go so the pattern is established and subsequent state chapters know what to do.

...or have we learnt nothing from the state railway gauge debacle?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The /state idea makes perfect sense. Let's face it, Australia will only ever be a smallish Grenadier market so having a parent national club makes sense with state based chapters. So using that pattern, the Victoria chapter should put its website under www.ineos4x4club.com.au/vic right from the get-go so the pattern is established and subsequent state chapters know what to do.

...or have we learnt nothing from the state railway gauge debacle?
I'd let it settle first and wait until there are other State-based initiatives ...a national Grenadier Owners club with State chapters may well eventuate. Small steps! Given the widely varying community attitudes to 4WDs and constant threats to 4WDers and their environments from various political quarters, tucking in under the umbrella of 4WD Victoria as a well established advocacy group in the first instance is a good move....

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd let it settle first and wait until there are other State-based initiatives ...a national Grenadier Owners club with State chapters may well eventuate. Small steps! Given the widely varying community attitudes to 4WDs and constant threats to 4WDers and their environments from various political quarters, tucking in under the umbrella of 4WD Victoria as a well established advocacy group in the first instance is a good move....
Denis,

my recollection of establishing the ineos4x4club.com.au is as you have mentioned above.

I suspect that if the other states establish an ineos club then an overarching national body makes sense, with the above domain name.

Justin Hocevar is, I believe, of the same view.

Back
Top Bottom