The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia South Australia Grenadier orders - Anyone?

sheppo31

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
I ordered mine in July 2022. Have not received and had zero engagement from IA regarding my contract. Paul at Adelaide Hills Motor group gave me some vague information regarding when my contract might be issued (but we are now long since passed that estimated time period). Customer service portal with IA have provided no information on a build date nor a contract. I’m genuinely starting to think that I will never see this car, either because it never arrives or because I simply give up waiting in the black hole of IA silence. I hope yours arrives soon sheppo31. Be good to have some Grenadiers driving around Adelaide.
Thanks Matt, if and when I get it I will look you up I will be hard to miss, went the Eldorid blue with white roof I think!

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
I ordered mine in July 2022. Have not received and had zero engagement from IA regarding my contract. Paul at Adelaide Hills Motor group gave me some vague information regarding when my contract might be issued (but we are now long since passed that estimated time period). Customer service portal with IA have provided no information on a build date nor a contract. I’m genuinely starting to think that I will never see this car, either because it never arrives or because I simply give up waiting in the black hole of IA silence. I hope yours arrives soon sheppo31. Be good to have some Grenadiers driving around Adelaide.
Hi MattG and all,
I ordered mine early in 22 and only got my contract in November for a March build. It is now "in production" and its July. Paul and the team at Adelaide Hills Auto have been very good but are just as frustrated as we are!!
I have a big trip planned for the Desert Loop in September and was going to film the Grenny vs Defender and you tube it but I think its just going to be a cardboard cut out now!
Ineos is doing a fantastic job bringing us this vehicle, their Marketing is so slick. Its just a pity that they cannot redirect all those marketing resources now into Customer Service. Every time I see a shiny Ineos video I imagine the poor customer services folk parked in a caravan with extension cords in the back carpark!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi MattG and all,
I ordered mine early in 22 and only got my contract in November for a March build. It is now "in production" and its July. Paul and the team at Adelaide Hills Auto have been very good but are just as frustrated as we are!!
I have a big trip planned for the Desert Loop in September and was going to film the Grenny vs Defender and you tube it but I think its just going to be a cardboard cut out now!
Ineos is doing a fantastic job bringing us this vehicle, their Marketing is so slick. Its just a pity that they cannot redirect all those marketing resources now into Customer Service. Every time I see a shiny Ineos video I imagine the poor customer services folk parked in a caravan with extension cords in the back carpark!
Phone the Melbourne office.

sheppo31

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi MattG and all,
I did ask INEOS if their customer communication team was understaffed. They said they'll get back to me😂
Worst part is it's actually true and no I haven't heard anything.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Any comments on the webinar

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Phone the Melbourne office.
I phoned the Melbourne number you quoted this morning, which went through to a call centre in London. A very nice lady called Kelly gave me some very vague information regarding a possible July build date (12 months post order and deposit). The July 2023 build date was apparently scheduled back in August 2022, but this was not communicated to me in any way. No news on a contract, that I was told by my local dealer would probably be issued a few weeks ago. All very unsatisfactory, but nothing I can really do to expedite the process.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I phoned the Melbourne number you quoted this morning, which went through to a call centre in London. A very nice lady called Kelly gave me some very vague information regarding a possible July build date (12 months post order and deposit). The July 2023 build date was apparently scheduled back in August 2022, but this was not communicated to me in any way. No news on a contract, that I was told by my local dealer would probably be issued a few weeks ago. All very unsatisfactory, but nothing I can really do to expedite the process.
Welcome to the jungle.
Proudly presented by the Ministry of Silly Waits.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's dissapointing
When i called I got a guy in Melbourne.
Just tried it again and sure enough.............a lovely sounding english woman

Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondering if there is any good news or at least updates, I paid my deposit on 22/10/2022, but have not yet received a contract or build date, but live in hope.
Paul and Renee and the rest of the team at Adelaide Hills Motors have been fantastic, they sold my Amarok in preparation for the Ineos for a good price and their service was very professional.

Last edited:

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondering if there is any good news or at least updates, I paid my deposit on 22/10/2022, but have not yet received a contract or build date, but live in hope.
Paul and Renee and the rest of the team at Adelaide Hills Motors have been fantastic, they sold my Amarok in preparation for the Ineos for a good price and their service was very professional.
Hi Steve
According to Ineos web site, my vehicle is still in production (contract signed Oct 22). but Adelaide dealership has advised me it's in Melbourne awaiting road shipment over!!
Can't say enough about Adeliade dealerships Paul and Renee. Professional, always available and deal with the many frustrations both with customers and Ineos with good humour and solutions. Highly Recommended

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve
According to Ineos web site, my vehicle is still in production (contract signed Oct 22). but Adelaide dealership has advised me it's in Melbourne awaiting road shipment over!!
Can't say enough about Adeliade dealerships Paul and Renee. Professional, always available and deal with the many frustrations both with customers and Ineos with good humour and solutions. Highly Recommended
Hi Tony ( Top Cat )
It has been about a month since that post, just wondering if there is any update on your vehicle delivery, or "fingers crossed" is your Ineos Grenadier in your garage or driveway.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well this has certainly been a bizarre week. Having signed a contract in September (AFTER my vehicle was built!) I was sent a new contract earlier this week and advised by Ineos that I had until today to sign this or my contract would be void. Advised by my local dealer, I didn’t sign the new contract (which I should point out was the exact same specs as the contract I had already signed, but somehow was now AUD$450 more than I had already signed for). Then I receive an email from Ineos saying that my contract was now VOID! Went to my local dealer today who told me that 5 local South Australian customers had been in touch with them advising the same issue! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AT INEOS AUTOMOTIVE???!!!! Having signed my contract 2 weeks ago, now I have NO contract. This is THE most bizarre car build/purchase experience I have EVER had!

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well this has certainly been a bizarre week. Having signed a contract in September (AFTER my vehicle was built!) I was sent a new contract earlier this week and advised by Ineos that I had until today to sign this or my contract would be void. Advised by my local dealer, I didn’t sign the new contract (which I should point out was the exact same specs as the contract I had already signed, but somehow was now AUD$450 more than I had already signed for). Then I receive an email from Ineos saying that my contract was now VOID! Went to my local dealer today who told me that 5 local South Australian customers had been in touch with them advising the same issue! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AT INEOS AUTOMOTIVE???!!!! Having signed my contract 2 weeks ago, now I have NO contract. This is THE most bizarre car build/purchase experience I have EVER had!
Hi Matt
I have physically sighted my car at Adelaide Dealership after two years of delays. The web site says its still in production! I put a couple of extras in and my confirmation , summary and contract documents have them all but not on one paper!! One says mats and runners, the other says table and runner and so on.
Now Ineos want more money for what was on the summary and confirmation and not in the contract they have but is in mine!
Paul and Renee have been fabulous locally, could not ask for better and they are just going to fix it.
I have been in manufacturing all my life and I have never seen a more convoluted, hole filled system. Plenty of off the shelf systems used by others they could have used . Marketing is sooo slick, but Kustomer Cervice is in the caravan in the rear car park with the extension cords!!

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Was told that it would be in production within 2 weeks of paying deposit....seems not. Also price on portal is incorrect.
1696311683818.png

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Have you called this number?
I did once and the guy was in Melbourne and very helpful

View attachment 7818271
I have called this number a couple of times....they answer the phone well but not the question of "WHEN WILL MY GRENADIER BE IN PRODUCTION? I SIGNED THE CONTRACT EARLY JULY AND WAS TOLD 2 WEEKS UNTIL START OF PRODUCTION. WHAT IS THE DELAY? IS IT MY CONFIG?". Just give me a date FFS. How can they have no idea?

Back
Top Bottom