The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

It’s all going according to plan ….

Vic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
Hi, it’s Vic here:

I’ve been lurking silently since I placed my order and now feel it’s time to raise my head. Firstly I’d like to thank the forum for being a constant source of inspiration and factual information about what I hope will be a great purchase. Having followed the trials and tribulations of the early adopters, I think it’s worth sharing my very different experience to date. I hope this shows that IA have perhaps learned from earlier errors and is a positive omen for future progress.

I ordered a Petrol Fieldmaster in DG at the beginning of March ’23 and was given an estimated build date of July. I got an onroad test drive at the beginning of May which confirmed my expectations (currently using a Td5 90, so way way better), dispelled some concerns and supported my choice of petrol. I signed the contract at the beginning of July and my agent told me it was in production in late July - bang on schedule! He anticipates delivery to them some time in Sept and couple of weeks for them to do the needful prior to handover - suits me fine. I remain optimistic that the factory will have addressed the schoolboy errors from the earlier builds, the accessories will be delivered and that the SW update will be done as part of the PDI.

My agent has been honest, realistic and right throughout, so I’m happy to place my trust in what he says.

Having followed the forum, I made the decision to abandon a lifetime habit of impatience and micromanaging in favour of letting things just take their natural course: Perhaps good things really do come to those who wait after all !!!

Best regards

Vic

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, it’s Vic here:

I’ve been lurking silently since I placed my order and now feel it’s time to raise my head. Firstly I’d like to thank the forum for being a constant source of inspiration and factual information about what I hope will be a great purchase. Having followed the trials and tribulations of the early adopters, I think it’s worth sharing my very different experience to date. I hope this shows that IA have perhaps learned from earlier errors and is a positive omen for future progress.

I ordered a Petrol Fieldmaster in DG at the beginning of March ’23 and was given an estimated build date of July. I got an onroad test drive at the beginning of May which confirmed my expectations (currently using a Td5 90, so way way better), dispelled some concerns and supported my choice of petrol. I signed the contract at the beginning of July and my agent told me it was in production in late July - bang on schedule! He anticipates delivery to them some time in Sept and couple of weeks for them to do the needful prior to handover - suits me fine. I remain optimistic that the factory will have addressed the schoolboy errors from the earlier builds, the accessories will be delivered and that the SW update will be done as part of the PDI.

My agent has been honest, realistic and right throughout, so I’m happy to place my trust in what he says.

Having followed the forum, I made the decision to abandon a lifetime habit of impatience and micromanaging in favour of letting things just take their natural course: Perhaps good things really do come to those who wait after all !!!

Best regards

Vic
You're are lucky, ordered mine August 22, signed contract July 23 and my dealer has confirmed it is still not in production

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Vic, welcome to the forum 👋
That seems like a very quick turn round , for what we are used to, I hope it all goes to plan (y)
Who's your dealer?

Vic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Vic, welcome to the forum 👋
That seems like a very quick turn round , for what we are used to, I hope it all goes to plan (y)
Who's your dealer?
Thanks for the welcomes…. Perhaps I’ve just been lucky 🤔- just happy for any good news that comes my way. I’m with @Halliwell Jones Chester, who have been great to date and hopefully even better when they get their new home.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
You're are lucky, ordered mine August 22, signed contract July 23 and my dealer has confirmed it is still not in production
I'm in the same position, original production was April....latest email last week said nothing other than its in pre production, whatever that means 🙄

Back
Top Bottom