The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Delivery Date - UK

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone been asked for payment yet ?

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
This software update excuse has been hanging around for a long time now. How come this problem didn't show up during the Million Mile testing they did all around the world?
Agreed!
And how come that there haven't any details been leaking to the public during that time?
I personally don't believe in that "software" thing either...

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Do you think it matters really?
There are some issues to deal with. I don’t want a vehicle until those issues are put to bed.
So best just cool the jets until we hear more - speculation is the mother of all nightmares- best not worry and have a decent nights sleep.
Agree - but heart of the issue, the real nub of the problem - is that IA are the ones putting "fuel" into those "jets".

why?

Because they remain in affect, silent - totally & utterly silent - day after day, week after week. and it is this silence that is the fuel burning the jets of many excited IA clients.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Don't tell me people are actually losing sleep over this?

I sincerely hope not !!

However I am surprised that Pragmatic has not been asked for anything yet. I thought IA had the business model akin to buying a telly. You chose what you want, pay for it and it gets delivered (12 months later 😂).

This looks like they have gone back to the traditional (in the UK) way of buying a car. That to me certainly indicates that they are not planning on handing vehicles over in the next couple of weeks at least.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
The intended fulfilment process (reserve-specify-sign-build-pay-deliver) has clearly been a bit of a calamity for Ineos, but more important is for the factory to build cars (regardless of paperwork) to gain production knowledge and prove the process.

Personally if they want to build my car without my signing a contract then i'm fine with that.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
I would add that I settled my spec with local Ineos rep. now, rather than when prompted, in case Ineos surprise me with a built car later!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I sincerely hope not !!

However I am surprised that Pragmatic has not been asked for anything yet. I thought IA had the business model akin to buying a telly. You chose what you want, pay for it and it gets delivered (12 months later 😂).

This looks like they have gone back to the traditional (in the UK) way of buying a car. That to me certainly indicates that they are not planning on handing vehicles over in the next couple of weeks at least.
I’m paying IA direct and they’d told me that an invoice will arrive “ahead” of actual delivery. I’m not grumpy about the process but am resigned to having to wait till mid March for actual handover in spite of fact that my own vehicle is only 15 miles away from where I’m typing this. No doubt it’ll be attracting “window lickers” and other prospective buyers in the dealers yard. The one thing the dealer and I agreed on was that they wouldn’t let anybody penetrate it….! I know what a filthy bunch Grenadier buyers are.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m paying IA direct and they’d told me that an invoice will arrive “ahead” of actual delivery. I’m not grumpy about the process but am resigned to having to wait till mid March for actual handover in spite of fact that my own vehicle is only 15 miles away from where I’m typing this. No doubt it’ll be attracting “window lickers” and other prospective buyers in the dealers yard. I know what a The one thing the dealer and I agreed on was that they wouldn’t let anybody penetrate it….! filthy bunch Grenadier buyers are.
The one thing the dealer and I agreed on was that they wouldn’t let anybody penetrate it….! filthy bunch Grenadier buyers are.

This is covered in the UK legal system - statutory rape!!

Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
it looks like the 15th is D-Day for uk customer delivery and not the 8th. I’m lucky enough to be picking up my own on the 15th of February. To say excitement levels are high would be an understatement and my local dealer is almost as excited as me. It does appear that there’s a tsunami of deliveries planned for March and Ineos are planning to “go large” on pr from the 8th.

For anyone losing a bit of faith in IA, remember that this is a new car company, a totally new model and they’ve had two years of covid nonsense to deal with.

My dealer asked me what I’d want from a “proper handover” as Ineos are keen to get the agents to make the deliveries personal to owners. I’d explained to them that I’m keen for a simple dealer handover and as I’m their first one, I’m happy to fit around them..

only 15 sleeps to go…..
Did you get the car?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you get the car?
I wish…. It’s been at the dealer for three weeks. It’s had the side runners added and torqued according to IA’s spec…. It’s so frustrating but at least I’ve sat in it and it’s got everything I expected unlike some others on the forum…

Rest assured I’ll be posting when I get it….

Back
Top Bottom