The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

PowerfulUK refused filming by Ineos dealer

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
So the YouTube channel PowerfulUK get invited by an Ineos dealer to come and look over the vehicles and the facility and then are told under no circumstances are they allowed to film anything. Bizarre to say the least.

What have they got to hide ?? There are a stack of other videos out there, so I can’t imagine any big secrets are going to be given away. I wonder if that’s dealer specific or Ineos HQ have made that decision.

I speculate here, that they were worried he would ask some searching questions or ask about lack of parts or warning lights coming on, I don’t know but it was a chance to win this guy over, as he was on the fence about the IG and making some bits etc, he seems to still be on the fence but looks like falling the wrong side tbh.

A shame whatever the decision, as the new kid on the block, they need to be out there, showing it off whenever the chance arises. They were open all the way through, so why no be closed about things.

Please feel free to link the video, I am on a phone with not a lot of time. Sorry

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
Nothing one can comment on. I think it is an INEOS policy to get cars running with the customer before the press (and youtube) gets involved.
Anyhow too little information from both sides to judge.
So far no problem.

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Is this the one? Have to say I don't think I would want him filming one my premises. Clearly, looking for negatives.
View: https://youtu.be/paGAsbaZ3F4

That is fair comment Nomad, he might well have been looking for negatives, but they invited him and have clearly shown him round, so what would stop him just airing the comments after.

He was quite complimentary about the set up and the staff, so it just seems like a lost opportunity. Simon does like his JLR products, but even that hasn't been without issues.

He doesn’t have a big ego, and seems to be just a verge guy running a business making some handy bits and bobs. He would make a good friend to us IG owners I think.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
That is fair comment Nomad, he might well have been looking for negatives, but they invited him and have clearly shown him round, so what would stop him just airing the comments after.

He was quite complimentary about the set up and the staff, so it just seems like a lost opportunity. Simon does like his JLR products, but even that hasn't been without issues.

He doesn’t have a big ego, and seems to be just a verge guy running a business making some handy bits and bobs. He would make a good friend to us IG owners I think.
On reflection you are correct.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
He already has a dislike of the Gren. Look at how long he hovers over the aluminum part for the Defender, and makes a snide remark on how other manufacturers don't care about light weight.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Found this video, where he "compared" the IG with a new Defender and old Defender. However, I would not give a fig for his opinion, as he totally did not get the "ethos" of th Grenadier. And he pretty much lost me when he referred to Sir Jim as "Jimbo".... (I guess trying to be "one of the lads"). He whined about the solid axle (too much unsprung weight) and praised the new defender, he seemed to prefer the monocoque of the new defender over a body on frame. He praised the wonderfully complex electronic handbrake of the new D and poo-poohed the "proper" handbrake of the IG. Then he whined that the IG chassis was not galvanized (but did say they had some kind of corrosion protection.... Basically, he did not seem to have done any homework and I pretty much switched off.
Basically it was like a walk-around of the vehicle by an opinionated, talkative guy (who may have got some kind of audience in the UK, but who came off as a worthless weasel to me.....)
FYIW (my opinion, only!). There are plenty of decent descriptions of the vehicle out there. Don't waste your time with this on....
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJPaE4gmoQ

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Found this video, where he "compared" the IG with a new Defender and old Defender. However, I would not give a fig for his opinion, as he totally did not get the "ethos" of th Grenadier. And he pretty much lost me when he referred to Sir Jim as "Jimbo".... (I guess trying to be "one of the lads"). He whined about the solid axle (too much unsprung weight) and praised the new defender, he seemed to prefer the monocoque of the new defender over a body on frame. He praised the wonderfully complex electronic handbrake of the new D and poo-poohed the "proper" handbrake of the IG. Then he whined that the IG chassis was not galvanized (but did say they had some kind of corrosion protection.... Basically, he did not seem to have done any homework and I pretty much switched off.
Basically it was like a walk-around of the vehicle by an opinionated, talkative guy (who may have got some kind of audience in the UK, but who came off as a worthless weasel to me.....)
FYIW (my opinion, only!). There are plenty of decent descriptions of the vehicle out there. Don't waste your time with this on....
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJPaE4gmoQ

So you’re on the fence about him then. 🤔

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
So the YouTube channel PowerfulUK get invited by an Ineos dealer to come and look over the vehicles and the facility and then are told under no circumstances are they allowed to film anything. Bizarre to say the least.

What have they got to hide ?? There are a stack of other videos out there, so I can’t imagine any big secrets are going to be given away. I wonder if that’s dealer specific or Ineos HQ have made that decision.

I speculate here, that they were worried he would ask some searching questions or ask about lack of parts or warning lights coming on, I don’t know but it was a chance to win this guy over, as he was on the fence about the IG and making some bits etc, he seems to still be on the fence but looks like falling the wrong side tbh.

A shame whatever the decision, as the new kid on the block, they need to be out there, showing it off whenever the chance arises. They were open all the way through, so why no be closed about things.

Please feel free to link the video, I am on a phone with not a lot of time. Sorry
The agent is probably bound by the company’s media policies and probably not going to allow that kind of filming without prior approvals from INEOS. Most larger companies PR teams would likely want to carefully manage something like that, particularly in these sensitive early stages.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Look at how long he hovers over the aluminum part for the Defender, and makes a snide remark on how other manufacturers don't care about light weight.
I like Simon, he does some cracking stuff and is a real advocate for genuine owners interested in the fine details of how their vehicles are put together and come apart.

However, I wonder if he realised the partial contradiction in praising a lightweight part that had failed and left an owner stranded!

Thread is also here:

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
I like Simon, he does some cracking stuff and is a real advocate for genuine owners interested in the fine details of how their vehicles are put together and come apart.

However, I wonder if he realised the partial contradiction in praising a lightweight part that had failed and left an owner stranded!

Thread is also here:
Exactly, in the arse end of nowhere waiting 8 weeks for a part and LR not only unhelpful but officiously difficult (grind off the logo!).
This in a country with a JLR service network full of high gloss floor tiles and Velars. Infuriating.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
Yes, that was my first thought, too. An somewhat embarrassing mistake.

That's where his bias clearly shows.

Reactions: @nd

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Best quote their website T&C's to summarise the extensive investment they make in testing, safety and homologation as well as the number of manufacturers that have decided to endorse them

"Powerful UK Ltd do not represent any Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in any way "

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly, in the arse end of nowhere waiting 8 weeks for a part and LR not only unhelpful but officiously difficult (grind off the logo!).
This in a country with a JLR service network full of high gloss floor tiles and Velars. Infuriating.
Yes, but what do we have... 💁‍♂️

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
I’m not sure at this point whether I am Shrödinger or the cat.
Simon knows more about the new Land Rover Defender and how to take them apart and put them back together then a lot of the JLR guys. He provides an invaluable insight on how the vehicles operate and improves many of their parts with his own designs and engineering. He tells it the way it is and is not under the influence of any brand.
I have purchased many of his upgraded and useful accessories from him and found them to be improved over originals and get them with great customer service. Yes, Simon is quirky, (like most of us on this forum), however that is what makes is so entertaining and educational at the same time. Love live Simon and us Quirks!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Simon knows more about the new Land Rover Defender and how to take them apart and put them back together then a lot of the JLR guys. He provides an invaluable insight on how the vehicles operate and improves many of their parts with his own designs and engineering. He tells it the way it is and is not under the influence of any brand.
I have purchased many of his upgraded and useful accessories from him and found them to be improved over originals and get them with great customer service. Yes, Simon is quirky, (like most of us on this forum), however that is what makes is so entertaining and educational at the same time. Love live Simon and us Quirks!
Long Live Simon and us Quirks!

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
I'm being a fanboi, so to me, he's just a hater, hating on a product he doesn't have a lot of knowledge with.

Back
Top Bottom