The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

PowerfulUK refused filming by Ineos dealer

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
I'm being a fanboi, so to me, he's just a hater, hating on a product he doesn't have a lot of knowledge with.
Hi Norb-TX, Hoping Simon takes on the Grenadier with the same passion as he has with his new Defender. We will all benefit on his deep dives into the Grenadier and the improved accessories he will create. I am sure that he is experiencing a bit of what I did when I first purchased my 2020 new Defender, which was a tinge of regret finding out 2 months after I purchased it about the Grenadier coming online in the future. Owning the 2020 Defender for the last 2 1/2 years has allowed me to experience a simply incredible vehicle that I still enjoy and love driving everyday, however it's time for a new adventure with a Grenadier. When you buy a new vehicle you invest a lot of time, energy and passion into it. Simon has done that with his New Defender. Now that the Grenadier is getting out into the world, I would not be surprised if Simon purchases one and gets just a passionate about it as he has been with his new Defender. If so, we will all benefit. DaBull

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Glad to see I am not alone in thinking Simon would be of benefit to us, as a Grenadier community.

He is more than willing to pull a vehicle apart and do research and build a solution if needed and he isn’t shy on showing how to do it.

He will the sell some really nice little upgrades for the vehicle. The first part of the video shows this, he developed and started selling freelander light guards and it looks like quite a few people thought his product was worth buying without even advertising it.

Don’t let his quirky looks and delivery style affect your opinions of him. When you have watched his stuff long enough you will realise he is pretty fair, unlike some YouTube experts who just declare everything is shite.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
It's one thing to like the Grenadier but would he buy one? He'd likely have to sell his Defender and thus risk alienating his fanbase/income stream.
Unless he's making a mint , which is possible. Not all millionaires dress snappily 😁
Like ASPW , he may surprise us one day . Or not!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It's one thing to like the Grenadier but would he buy one? He'd likely have to sell his Defender and thus risk alienating his fanbase/income stream.
Unless he's making a mint , which is possible. Not all millionaires dress snappily 😁
Like ASPW , he may surprise us one day . Or not!

Which new defender would he sell ? He has two !! I also believe he has a disco 4, Suzuki Jimny, classic RR, freelander and a few others.

So you’re right, I don’t think all millionaires dress snappily.

Some just like wearing Christmas jumpers all year round 😂

• Love
Reactions: PBD

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
Hoping Simon takes on the Grenadier with the same passion as he has with his new Defender.
I don't think he will. Because the Grenadier has pissed in JLR's territory, and he can't handle that. Whatever he can or can't do, he strikes me as a little runt who can't stand the fact that someone has built a vehicle that is perhaps closer to the ideals of a real (!) Defender than any other vehicle on the market.

And he begs for attention, something which I love in particular. The new JLR Defender seems to be sacred to him, and woe betide anyone who questions that status or knocks the Defender off the throne Simon has placed it on.

These little seemingly casual remarks he uses to badmouth Grenadier are nasty. If anything, he should put butter on the fish and make more clear and tangible statements to which he can be held. But he hasn't the balls to do that.

I'm (not) sorry, but that's my perception of him.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
Don’t really know anything about the guy but have known of the regard for the stuff he makes and his ingenuity from the Land Rover community. Him turning his attention to Grenadier would be a good thing I reckon

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Poor Simon.

Ineos, I believe and from my observations have and want to control the videos and still pictures that are marketing the Gren...it was the case I believe when the Journos hit Scotland...they want to see the cars presented a certain way and now are saying that they want to see the owners sharing their images and stories on social media which is the best ever marketing device...straight from the horse's mouth...you may think that the negatives will hinder that thinking...well no, as long as you are being talked about...and if you are not, then there is something wrong...the positives are clear winners and that is why we are here on this forum, for that matter even have a forum...if the product was not what we thought Stu would not have taken the punt...the negs usually fall by the way...

Simon now needs to find owners to hear and tell their stories or ring up Lewis Hamilton and invite him around for a cuppa tea and a chat about the Gren...Lewis would jump at the opportunity...I can hear Simon on the phone with Sir's PA "Hello is Lewy there please"...happy waiting in oz :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
The agent is probably bound by the company’s media policies and probably not going to allow that kind of filming without prior approvals from INEOS. Most larger companies PR teams would likely want to carefully manage something like that, particularly in these sensitive early stages.

makes sense. I don't blame them. imagine being ambushed from the crazy looking dude and having the encounter put up on YouTube.

Local time
Reaction score
I think you have Simon all wrong. I've been watching his YouTube videos for years and have purchased some products from Powerful UK.

I predict he will come up with some clever products for the Grenadier. Nothing big made out of steel, but simple plastic or rubber products to help make the vehicle more usable.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
I think you have Simon all wrong. I've been watching his YouTube videos for years and have purchased some products from Powerful UK.

I predict he will come up with some clever products for the Grenadier. Nothing big made out of steel, but simple plastic or rubber products to help make the vehicle more usable.
I have offered to lend him my car for 6 weeks as i’m going away for the summer, assuming i get it before I go.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have offered to lend him my car for 6 weeks as i’m going away for the summer, assuming i get it before I go.
Well done that man ~ are you also giving him permission to take it to bits as he does with his new Defenders?

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well done that man ~ are you also giving him permission to take it to bits as he does with his new Defenders?
To a point, I need to have a proper chat with Simon and agree everything, the main thing is getting the car before I go away and Simon confining he definitely wants to have it. He did also mention it on one of his recent videos so I think it will all work out. I hope it all works out as there are a few accessories I think he would do an excellent job with but as he as has already said it might be too small a market at the moment.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To a point, I need to have a proper chat with Simon and agree everything, the main thing is getting the car before I go away and Simon confining he definitely wants to have it. He did also mention it on one of his recent videos so I think it will all work out. I hope it all works out as there are a few accessories I think he would do an excellent job with but as he as has already said it might be too small a market at the moment.
That's the issue for him, a relatively small market compared to the Defender market. Plus a few other suppliers are already in there, working on Grenadier accessories. He seems like a good guy to me. Very decent of you to lend him your car, hope it leads to some goodies down the line.

hopefulkiwi

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
I just see a car dealer who is respectful of the commercial and competitive nature of the business. You dont know what he will film,you dont know who he may film,there may be peoople or things there that you dont want other car dealers or other people to see. I like his enthusiam but i saw a very early video of his re the grenadier and he obviously knew very very little about it. I therefre dont see him as any sort of authority on the grenadier.

Back
Top Bottom