The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos "lurkers"

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
Some days ago I discovered by casualty a way to see who follows me on this forum:
  1. On any forum page click on your name
  2. then, in the pop-up window, click on your name again
  3. on the next window, in the grey bar, there is an "about" button, click on it
  4. in the lower part of the screen you find your followers
Strange location for this information by the way.

I am an early owner of the Grenadier, and I dismounted quite some parts of my Grenadier, and documented it, therefore, I have some followers. And I criticized often the Ineos Management for NOT providing us even the basic information like the "hidden" power wires.

In my followers, there is one and only one account who:
  • NEVER posted anything
  • His profile has no information (no country, nothing)
  • He is an early forum member: joined July 2022
Therefore my question: is it an Ineos employee? A spy? A lurker?

I will post his username here: Chilisauce

Perhaps some of the other heavy posters can do a rapid check if they also have followers with 0 posts!

Anyway, I don't mind, most early or frequent users know Ineos is watching this forum, but never provides answers or information, a pity :mad: 😭

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
Some days ago I discovered by casualty a way to see who follows me on this forum:
  1. On any forum page click on your name
  2. then, in the pop-up window, click on your name again
  3. on the next window, in the grey bar, there is an "about" button, click on it
  4. in the lower part of the screen you find your followers
Strange location for this information by the way.

I am an early owner of the Grenadier, and I dismounted quite some parts of my Grenadier, and documented it, therefore, I have some followers. And I criticized often the Ineos Management for NOT providing us even the basic information like the "hidden" power wires.

In my followers, there is one and only one account who:
  • NEVER posted anything
  • His profile has no information (no country, nothing)
  • He is an early forum member: joined July 2022
Therefore my question: is it an Ineos employee? A spy? A lurker?

I will post his username here: Chilisauce

Perhaps some of the other heavy posters can do a rapid check if they also have followers with 0 posts!

Anyway, I don't mind, most early or frequent users know Ineos is watching this forum, but never provides answers or information, a pity :mad: 😭
It's the Hedin technicians learning from your investigations

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
I work for a car company (not Ineos). I have nothing to do with the cars themselves (I help on the construction of facilities), but I still read a lot of forums about our vehicles. I often see posts that are completely wrong or that I otherwise would love to respond to. However, its absolutely strictly enforced that only people in our communications organization can "speak" for the company, and even then, after the communication has been well vetted. I suspect the Ineos employees are bound by the same hand-cuffs.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
I work for a car company (not Ineos). I have nothing to do with the cars themselves (I help on the construction of facilities), but I still read a lot of forums about our vehicles. I often see posts that are completely wrong or that I otherwise would love to respond to. However, its absolutely strictly enforced that only people in our communications organization can "speak" for the company, and even then, after the communication has been well vetted. I suspect the Ineos employees are bound by the same hand-cuffs.
Yes, that's right! There are INEOS people who read along here but are not allowed to participate. Which, by the way, I can also understand and sympathise with. But I know from conversations that they know the content from here.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
Yes, that's right! There are INEOS people who read along here but are not allowed to participate. But I know from conversations that they have quoted content from here.
As I'm sure most, if not all, Ineos dealers/agents are reading here

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
As I'm sure most, if not all, Ineos dealers/agents are reading here
Dealers in any case. I meant the people responsible at INEOS Automotive.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
Your won't believe how ignorant some of them (German agents) are. When I asked my agent, the answer was "yes, I've heard there is a forum, but I've no time to read there."

I dare say, in quite some cases - when it comes to "listen to your customers" - INEOS and the agents are a good match.

🤷‍♂️

PS: And actually some car salesmen in Germany have difficulties dealing with English.

Back
Top Bottom