The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Day dreaming about owning a Grenadier

Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,
Found this forum after spending far too many hours on the internet obsessing over the Ineos Grenadier. Like many others I was disappointed when LandRover stopped production of the Defender. Then was excited when they announced they would resurrect the Defender name for the modern world. Disappointed again when I saw the ugly duckling they built bearing the legends name. Along comes Sir Jim and re-ignites the passion (or supplants the dream?) and proposes the Grenadier.
I've followed the Grenadier from the early days and attended 2 prototype exhibitions and haven't looked at a Defender since.
I desperately want a Grenadier to replace my Nissan Navara NP300.The Nissan is a well built and reliable vehicle but it lacks power and struggles to tow my off-road camper trailer.
I've built my dream Grenadier online many times and set the finished result as my desktop wallpaper. I've changed jobs and working extra hours saving every dollar towards the day I can finally click the Buy Now button.
Until then I guess I will enjoy the grenadier life vicariously through the members of this forum.

Regards,
Gordon

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,
Found this forum after spending far too many hours on the internet obsessing over the Ineos Grenadier. Like many others I was disappointed when LandRover stopped production of the Defender. Then was excited when they announced they would resurrect the Defender name for the modern world. Disappointed again when I saw the ugly duckling they built bearing the legends name. Along comes Sir Jim and re-ignites the passion (or supplants the dream?) and proposes the Grenadier.
I've followed the Grenadier from the early days and attended 2 prototype exhibitions and haven't looked at a Defender since.
I desperately want a Grenadier to replace my Nissan Navara NP300.The Nissan is a well built and reliable vehicle but it lacks power and struggles to tow my off-road camper trailer.
I've built my dream Grenadier online many times and set the finished result as my desktop wallpaper. I've changed jobs and working extra hours saving every dollar towards the day I can finally click the Buy Now button.
Until then I guess I will enjoy the grenadier life vicariously through the members of this forum.

Regards,
Gordon
HI ElucidB, You are on the same path as all of us, and a great path it is. For some the path was shorter and for others it is or will longer.
Either way we all end up at the same place eventually. In the mean time try and enjoy the chase, as it makes it that much sweeter when that special day arrives.
Here's a link to my first post on my chase. DaBull

https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/where-is-your-grenadier.12413577/post-1333255050

Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,
I arranged to take a new Grenadier out for a short test drive.
My first impression is that it didn't handle or respond like a regular passenger vehicle or like my Navara. The steering was a little vague and it tended to wander slightly from where I expected to go. It wasn't bad or unnerving, just not as direct and responsive as I was expecting. The test vehicle was running the off-road tires and might not have been inflated to the recommended pressures as the side walls had sagged noticeably.
Took me a few seconds to get the car in gear and drive off. That BMW shifter isn't very intuitive. I'd soon learn how to use that efficiently.
The view out the back through the rear vision mirror is very restricted. Good thing the side mirrors are large enough to compensate for that. As for the all around view from inside the cabin I was very impressed. For such a big vehicle there were few blind spots that I noticed.
I did like the diesel rumble when at idle, then the noise dropped off once it got moving. It can certainly move! give it a bit of a poke and it leaps forward.
The test vehicle did not have any form of side steps or running boards. Just a big step up into the truck. My wife is a bit on the short side at just over 5" and she struggled to climb up. Does anyone have any advice on access with either the side steps or rock sliders for the vertically challenged? I'd opt for the rock sliders because they look more macho and I've been known to drive some demanding tracks. The Grenadier does have more clearance than my Navara so maybe side steps would suffice? thoughts?
The Salesman said that the Android Auto connectivity was in his words "lacking" and suggested I switch to an iPhone. I haven't heard anyone else mention that and I'm not about to change phones to match a car. Has anyone got any gripes with the Android Auto in the Grenadier?
So after taking one for a test drive do I still want one? Yes. It's a considerable investment but it would satisfy my requirements for a new vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom