The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Communications (INEOS and dealer)

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
I've only had one dealer experience and because it's a new vehicle and I've been following this since day 1 - I knew more about the car than they did. They were very professional though and know their dealership will be great to work with. Was interested to hear that they will charge me $250 per hour to install accessories - tow hitches, roof racks, table, side runners and skid plates.

Makers52129

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
Just received an email from my dealer…”As we receive updated info from INEOS Grenadier regarding your specific ETA, we will reach out to inform you right away. As of today, we anticipate that early New England Grenadier orders will be delivered during the 1st QTR of 2024 and later orders arriving during the 2nd QTR. We aim to provide great service by sharing all available info as it becomes available. Thanks in advance for your patience.”

seems odd that if my vehicle is in Baltimore for the past few weeks that i wouldn‘t see it until sometime in Q1? Obviously I’m ignorant about logistics of how this usually works but it seems like a vehicle that is technically already sold should be moved before year end for inventory costs, etc.
Yep. That’s exactly what my dealer(Regal in Atlanta) told me… staying with the company line of 45-60 days once the vehicle hits the country to Handover to the customer.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
$250 / hr is reDONKulous.

Normal around here even the BMW dealership was about half that. Granted, I haven't been there in a couple of years. but still. $250? Wow.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
Honest dealers can only share accurate information as it is provided to them by Ineos. Don't kill the courier!
Welll…there’s a difference between waiting to hear from INEOS and making an effort to get the information from INEOS. Not sure where each dealer falls on this spectrum but can hazard a guess on some

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
Things at this point are basically out of IA’s hands and onto the dealers. It’s becoming apparent that some dealers are more communicative than others but we have no choice on our dealers until we get our trucks. Thereafter I suppose you could work with a different one, but it’s not logistically convenient.

One other point to raise - we can say with confidence that this forum was purposefully discussed at the dealer summit and yet it seems several have not engaged here. I can see it may be a double edged sword for them, but at least make an effort to acknowledge us. Seems a bit foolish not to if I’m honest. I’m not trying to overstate our importance or anything, and I recognize there are other groups out there (FB, Reddit, etc), but not having a presence here is shortsighted.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Welll…there’s a difference between waiting to hear from INEOS and making an effort to get the information from INEOS. Not sure where each dealer falls on this spectrum but can hazard a guess on some
I didn't differentiate how the data gets to dealers. My statement stands.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
TQM is a general term for doing the right thing. My manufacturing company was ISO 9000 certified. It is a Quality Management System, along with AS 9600. I don't know if Ineos is certified as well. No mention of it on their website.
:) We've seen these folks complete the TQM courses and they come doing the same things or even worse!

Local time
Reaction score
If you had a choice (and in the US we don't...yet) would you buy your car from a CO-OP, Direct from the manufacturer or the existing dealer network?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
You do not get a homologation for a car without ISO9000.

AWo
I don't agree with this, homologation is independent of the ISO9000 certification, and for the automotive sector there are more stringent quality certifications like TS16949.

ISO9000 is not a technical certificate, but a management system recognition, like TS16949. TS16949 is more suited for the automotive sector because it has some additional statistic process control requirements, therefore "entering" a little bit in the technical field.

Local time
Reaction score
If you had a choice (and in the US we don't...yet) would you buy your car from a CO-OP, Direct from the manufacturer or the existing dealer network?
The co-op ideas would be owned by us (owners).

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

A direct-from-manufacturer model has worked for other luxury goods. e.g. Apple (Apple Store) and Sony (Sony Store, existed for decades in Canada) come to mind. Direct to consumer unsleazy sales (consultation rather than heavy pushing to make quota) and professional after-sales service.

I understand there are laws in some places that prevent this model for automobiles, but whatever, question the old thinking. Remove middlemen that add no value whenever possible, right?

Back
Top Bottom