The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Day One heading to Baja and headaches already!

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
What event are you doing?

Highly advise an OBD2 scanner for such an adventure. I used the OBDLink MX+ on my cross country drive. It was able to read and clear codes - including the fuel fill one.
Could
What event are you doing?

Highly advise an OBD2 scanner for such an adventure. I used the OBDLink MX+ on my cross country drive. It was able to read and clear codes - including the fuel fill one.
Could you give me a bit of a heads up on how these scanners work ,I have only used dedicated scanners such as the nanocom for landrovers . The main question that I think I need to know is . do I need an app for the diesel grenadier and if so which one would you advise ? So far ther does not seem to be a scan tool that will clear codes avaliable here in Oz

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Could

Could you give me a bit of a heads up on how these scanners work ,I have only used dedicated scanners such as the nanocom for landrovers . The main question that I think I need to know is . do I need an app for the diesel grenadier and if so which one would you advise ? So far ther does not seem to be a scan tool that will clear codes avaliable here in Oz

I use the OBDLink application with the OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth dongle. It's very straight forward.

View: https://youtu.be/46f88-d2Seo

Local time
Reaction score
Bla Bla Bla Baga...where are the pictures :ROFLMAO:
Nya nya. When this photo was taken gas had skyrocketed to 37 cents/gal. Bug was a classic '67, best they ever built. Took out the rear seat to go cross country. When I got back to MA a runaway horse trashed it. Forum please forgive hijack - but I had to respond. PS bug being towed is just flat tire. The horse was an entirely different matter.

Attachments

• 1972 NM Box C 3 PS.jpg
    1972 NM Box C 3 PS.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 1972.jpg
    1972.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 1972 NM Box C 15.jpg
    1972 NM Box C 15.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
Nya nya. When this photo was taken gas had skyrocketed to 37 cents/gal. Bug was a classic '67, best they ever built. Took out the rear seat to go cross country. When I got back to MA a runaway horse trashed it. Forum please forgive hijack - but I had to respond.
Love the Schlitz sign!

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
We left for the Mexican 1000 today and all was good for the first half of the 13 hour drive. Bucking some serious headwinds and out mileage is averaging between 11 and 12 which is bring up some range anxiety for Baja but I do have a couple of fuel bladders with me.

About half way I suddenly got a warning that a tire was over inflated and showed 50 # on the computer-didn’t clear for rest of the day so will check them in the morning.

Stopped for fuel 4 times, immediately after the fourth the check engine light lit up. No topping off the tank so not sure BUT also lost the cruise control-no icon when I press the button to turn on, nothing. That is going to make for a long 10.5 hours to Flagstaff tomorrow! Anyone know the fuse for cruise, I didn’t see it in the manual?

Fingers crossed it resolves after sitting overnight.
I had the same - check engine light and no cruise control - software upgrade to 1496 solved that.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How are you getting along @Ragman?
Hope the Grenny is keeping you on track. 💪

Reactions: Max

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, this works on the Grenadier?
US spec Grenadiers.
I have ordered on from the Oz dealer but since have heard that the US spec vehicles allow fault clearing but not the Oz spec , dont know if this is correct but I will post when I know
There does appear to be some difference here - Robert Pepper is inquiring from the AUS side of the house to see what's what.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Day two was a blast and the Grenadier tackled everything Baja threw at it, great 10 mile beach drive, off camber hard pack with some steep climbs, rock strewn trails and a 90 mph blast across a dry lake bed.
91D76C4D-4BDB-41E0-A044-28B2FB385DAC.jpeg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Day two was a blast and the Grenadier tackled everything Baja threw at it, great 10 mile beach drive, off camber hard pack with some steep climbs, rock strewn trails and a 90 mph blast across a dry lake bed.
View attachment 7855353
I am cursed with jealousy...has Krabby hit you up for the decals yet?:ROFLMAO:...great adventure (y)

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DAY 3 HOWEVER was one of those days of Baja legend. Another truck backed into my left front jamming the fender up against the front tire. We had a great group of fellow participants and we used a winch to pull the fender out. Sadly the cooler hose broke at the press fitting so we rigged a field fix using a socket as a hose coupler and got off the course just ahead of the trophy trucks. At the next town we found a ‘guy who knew a guy’ who dropped everything at his shop to weld us some barbed connectors onto the cooler then darted off to ‘another guy’ who made us a pressure coupler with full on crimped ends which fit like a dream. We got back on course and just completed Day 4 with a cool running transfer case!

Any bets on how long this will be in the shop?

IMG_0071.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am cursed with jealousy...has Krabby hit you up for the decals yet?:ROFLMAO:...great adventure (y)
Love me some good stickers. My mailbox is always looking forward to a package 😁

• Haha

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DAY 3 HOWEVER was one of those days of Baja legend. Another truck backed into my left front jamming the fender up against the front tire. We had a great group of fellow participants and we used a winch to pull the fender out. Sadly the cooler hose broke at the press fitting so we rigged a field fix using a socket as a hose coupler and got off the course just ahead of the trophy trucks. At the next town we found a ‘guy who knew a guy’ who dropped everything at his shop to weld us some barbed connectors onto the cooler then darted off to ‘another guy’ who made us a pressure coupler with full on crimped ends which fit like a dream. We got back on course and just completed Day 4 with a cool running transfer case!

Any bets on how long this will be in the shop?

View attachment 7855357
A flesh wound...scares have better stories than tattoos...you live to tell the tale and plus you're back on track...brilliant (y)

Back
Top Bottom