The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Back at the dealer for 5 weeks - and counting

Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
So, my grenadier has now been back at the dealer's site for 5 weeks. The cabin heater and aircon only work intermittently, and the thermostatic temperature control does not work at all. Neither the dealer nor Ineos Technical have been able to diagnose the problem.

I call the Ineos customer line daily, and the person who answers in polite and sympathetic - this does not help at all.
I was told on December 5 that the issue is escalated to the Aftersales Manager - but he/she has not called me, and I am not permitted to know his/her name or contact details - so this does not help at all.
It appears that Ineos Technical are trying to resolve the fault from a distance - their failure so far shows that this is not working.

So, I am left without a working vehicle - but life for the Ineos staff goes on as normal. They claim to be trying - and for them, trying and failing is good enough.

I am at the point now where I'd be happy to accept a refund - so that I can go out and buy a 4x4 that actually works.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, my grenadier has now been back at the dealer's site for 5 weeks. The cabin heater and aircon only work intermittently, and the thermostatic temperature control does not work at all. Neither the dealer nor Ineos Technical have been able to diagnose the problem.

I call the Ineos customer line daily, and the person who answers in polite and sympathetic - this does not help at all.
I was told on December 5 that the issue is escalated to the Aftersales Manager - but he/she has not called me, and I am not permitted to know his/her name or contact details - so this does not help at all.
It appears that Ineos Technical are trying to resolve the fault from a distance - their failure so far shows that this is not working.

So, I am left without a working vehicle - but life for the Ineos staff goes on as normal. They claim to be trying - and for them, trying and failing is good enough.

I am at the point now where I'd be happy to accept a refund - so that I can go out and buy a 4x4 that actually works.
Personally, I would get a refund if you can. 5 weeks plus is totally unacceptable. Or write to Lynn Calder.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Send the dealer and Lynn Calder a letter, (recorded delivery, retaining the references and a copy of the contents), complaining about "merchantable quality" and give them a deadline for rejection. It is a manufactured product and should not be this problematic.

Ineos can and have sorted other troublesome vehicles out.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

If I was in your position, I would seek a refund. You will likely remain unsatisfied with the car. You could even go and buy another Grenadier, but I think you'll probably loathe this one. Either that, or go and buy a Land Rover for a whole set of other issues!

If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Having done a stint as a consumer arbitrator you qualify for relief under your state Lemon Law. Be sure to let Ineos know that you intend to do so - be sure to read your contract that may prescribe the steps you need to take so as not to violate contractual administrative procedures. Be persistent and you will get either a new vehicle or refund. Hopefully, Ineos has given you a loaner for this period. Oh, be sure to document everything - even a phone call - with a “thank you” note reciting the conversation.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having done a stint as a consumer arbitrator you qualify for relief under your state Lemon Law. Be sure to let Ineos know that you intend to do so - be sure to read your contract that may prescribe the steps you need to take so as not to violate contractual administrative procedures. Be persistent and you will get either a new vehicle or refund. Hopefully, Ineos has given you a loaner for this period. Oh, be sure to document everything - even a phone call - with a “thank you” note reciting the conversation.
NB - my reply note is geared more to North American consumers.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Indeed i know this situation. Coming close to rejecting the vehicle . Prepared the wife by telling her I have registered my interest in the new Landcruiser . Expected an eye roll - in fact she said " well at least it wont leak and have a flat battery"

Local time
Reaction score
Personally, I would get a refund if you can. 5 weeks plus is totally unacceptable. Or write to Lynn Calder.
I wrote to Lynn Calder 1 week ago - sent by recorded delivery. I have had no response. Nothing.
Does Lynn care about Ines customers? - apparently not enough to respond to a letter from a customer who has been let down by her company.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
To elaborate, how are Sir Jim's and Lynn Calder's Grenadiers running? If they are fine, then why are the rest not working properly. If they aren't, then why aren't the fixes Priority One?
'The rest', as in every one made? I think I've heard of some that work fine.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
'The rest', as in every one made? I think I've heard of some that work fine.
Yes Sir. Everyone else. That's what puzzles me even more... That the glitches aren't consistent across the board. It's as if there are different software sub-versions.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wrote to Lynn Calder 1 week ago - sent by recorded delivery. I have had no response. Nothing.
Does Lynn care about Ines customers? - apparently not enough to respond to a letter from a customer who has been let down by her company.
She is travelling the world on our £, States F1 and Australia last week, she is having fun.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed i know this situation. Coming close to rejecting the vehicle . Prepared the wife by telling her I have registered my interest in the new Landcruiser . Expected an eye roll - in fact she said " well at least it wont leak and have a flat battery"
I have to say the new Land Cruiser looks to be an excellent choice or a Defender if you reject the Grenadier (truthfully I would have bought an F-Pace SVR in hindsight). Not because I hate the Grenadier, but the SVR would have been more appropriate in my case.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
It sounds like the truck is still drivable but probably uncomfortable. If they aren't doing anything why keep it at the dealer? If you're after a refund shouldn't the dealer be able to initiate that for you without going through the hoops of contacting the CEO? I'm in the US also, but agree with @donnygreygrenadier. This would probably be returnable under our lemon law.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I hear a position is available for anew Optus CEO...

Back
Top Bottom