The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Latest developments from BLACK SHEEP

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
I was delighted to receive a visit today from Thomas Grütter from @Black Sheep, together with Andy from Clevershade. They popped round to my place to deliver Black Sheep's newly released CTEK D250SE mounting plate to suit my Utility Wagon. As many of you would already know, they had already released a version to suit the Station Wagons, but the low clearance between the Smartpass 120S and the 2-seater's battery compartment lid required a different design.

Thomas is in Australia to plan the most efficient ways of getting his products to our market.

He let me in on some of the projects he is currently working on ...

Molle panels to fit on the inside of the solid rear panels, for those who don't have rear side windows.

Replacing the battery compartment cover on Utility Wagons with smaller sectional lids.

Modifying the hinges on the rear side doors to open wider so that you could install slide out drawers etc.

Developing a more substantial folding number-plate bracket to replace the plastic one provided by INEOS to those with winches.

I also asked him about a UHF antenna bracket for those of us without roo bars, and together with Andy, he said they would look at a side mirror mount or a bonnet mount.

Thomas has great passion for the Grenadier, and a keen eye for detail. It was a real pleasure meeting him (and Andy) today, and I would definitely recommend checking out their websites.

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0582.jpeg

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Clevershade stuff looks good.
1692600682814.png1692600533572.png

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that they are also developing a system to mount full size (20L) jerry cans on the sides of the Grenadier.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice - but insane at $5000US - too many other options from Rhino and others to consider it. Unless if comes with free beer
I agree, it looks like a fantastic product and if it was competitive even at a reasonable premium I would probably have one if I didn’t already have a rhino one (not from INEOS but from a previous vehicle.) but at $5000, I can replace my Rhino one every year for 5 years before I am behind on the $ (and I won’t have to). I get that you pay for the quality and it clearly is quality, but at some point that equation no longer adds up.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fingers crossed they develop a bracket system that utilises the hand rail hard points for mounting a 270 awning.
100%, Thomas suggested the smaller platform that was in development/been developed, maybe it's about 400-500mm wide. But then still have to attach the Clevershade crossbar piece to receive the awning bracket, and then something else for the front of the awning to be attached. I guess could get Rhino 210mm feet and Clevershade crossbars but I suspect the Blacksheep solution would be sturdier. I'll wait and see how this all develops as I need to keep my weight to a minimum.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, it looks like a fantastic product and if it was competitive even at a reasonable premium I would probably have one if I didn’t already have a rhino one (not from INEOS but from a previous vehicle.) but at $5000, I can replace my Rhino one every year for 5 years before I am behind on the $ (and I won’t have to). I get that you pay for the quality and it clearly is quality, but at some point that equation no longer adds up.
Considering most of the awnings I see on vehicles look like they haven't seen daylight in years, the cheaper may be the better.
Below are some pictures of Eli Creek on Fraser Island.
This is a classic location where people stop for 30 minutes to half a day or more.
A quick look and a guess I would say less than half the vehicles have awnings setup, and most of them seem to be the simple 180 units that need posts and ropes.
This is a classic example of where a free standing 270 degree awning is fantastic.
1 minute to setup and pack up means you are far more likely to use it.
It can get windy so the more robust the better.
It also allows for when the sun changes it's position.
The ones I have circled have clearly done this more than once.

1692651989669.png
1692652085072.png1692652140647.png

Back
Top Bottom