The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep Ctek D250 charger bracket

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi Tomdoc
I apologize for not being able to respond immediately. On your report, we checked the matter and organized a two-seater. We have optimized the points mentioned, at the same time. In the case of the two-seater, we also found that the height of the bracket is not optimal and created an alternative solution. In your case, I would ask you to contact our customer support directly, so that we can send you a replacement product of the latest generation for the two-seater free of charge. (support@blacksheep-innovations.com)
Thats how a customer oriented company should act. Congratulations (y):love:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
Improvise, adapt, overcome......oh, and communicate!

now who could benefit from that approach I wonder...?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It seems the mounting infrastructure is different in the 2 seater models.
I see the additional height of the BS bracket causing particular issues for the 2 seater, but where are you seeing differences in the Ineos original bracket (if that's what you mean by "mounting infrastructure")?

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have not seen the bracket in any other vehicle - so I guess I cannot comment. My problem was that the BS mount lifts up the unit too high - and I was unable to utilise the folded over bit of the bracket. I don't see the need for the folded over bits - but perhaps I am not understanding properly. Anyway - all sorted now and I am happy with the result. I am guessing that there is more 'headroom' under the seats in the other battery box set up

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have not seen the bracket in any other vehicle - so I guess I cannot comment.
You might be right, I just haven't seen any evidence of it yet ~ has anyone? 👍

I don't see the need for the folded over bits - but perhaps I am not understanding properly.
Yes, there has to be a reason why BS have done this. If I had to guess, would it give better access to hand brake cable adjustments?

Black Sheep

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Here are a few more explanations about the product:
The higher construction of the 4-seater version is due to the fact that in the forward position where the D250 lies, the consoles of the seats converge and assembly is made more difficult because the space is very tight.
So we decided to lift both devices together to create more space. A positive side effect is that more space is created around the handbrake cable.
With the 2-seater, we don't have the problem of the seat consoles, but, as we recently discovered, we are limited by the height.
For this reason we will soon be able to include the alternative product for the 2-seater in our shop.

As you could see from the current case, it is very helpful if we receive feedback directly from the customer, because this is the only way we can continuously improve our products. Thanks for that!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is that the lifted version with wings?

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
No. Apparently that is from an old Landcruiser 80 Series and he had to make his own brackets for it. Good to know you can order that to retrofit though.
I had originally given dimensions to kaon to see if they had an existing shelf/rack that could be adapted. They wouldn't assist and said it would have to be a new development. I understand their business, however a shame as many people were onboard for one and was hoping to relay back. Atleast I now know an 80 series will fit.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had originally given dimensions to kaon to see if they had an existing shelf/rack that could be adapted. They wouldn't assist and said it would have to be a new development. I understand their business, however a shame as many people were onboard for one and was hoping to relay back. Atleast I now know an 80 series will fit.
That’s just my recollection of a further comment on the FB post mate - I’d probably do a bit more research before pushing the buy button.

“the shelf is for a Toyota LC80 (correct width and depth) the brackets I made myself since nothings available as yet”

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got to love it when owners do the product development for companies. 😁

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve contacted GMF4x4 in Bathurst. They said they were “very interested”, but when I offered to drop my Grenadier in for measuring up they said “great, book it in for late September.”

I’ve also contacted Vogue Industries, and had no reply.

TLR Products have passed my enquiry to their development team.
Michael

Did your car ever make it to GMF4X4 in Bathurst?

Back
Top Bottom