The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep Ctek D250 charger bracket

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
My bracket arrived today - thanks @Black Sheep !

I think I am ready to go for it with the D250SE but if anyone has already installed one then glad to have any tips or install pics etc. I already have all the wires and fuses ready - just a pic of the final install would be great!

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score

I think I am ready to go for it with the D250SE but if anyone has already installed one then glad to have any tips or install pics etc. I already have all the wires and fuses ready - just a pic of the final install would be great!
Plenty of tips and links to help the install here.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes - really helpful @TheDocAUS so grateful for this excellent work. I have connector cables done.. and plate here, and a 30A fuse in line for the NEG connector. Just was angling for a pic from a brave soul who has already done it!! ;)

I have Powerfilm Mil spec solar panels ready to go when I am done.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can you post some close up photos?

From the very little I've seen up to now, this bracket looks like it replaces the one that mounts the Smartpass; and the sequencing might mean it needs bolting in empty and then the two units added?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
and a 30A fuse in line for the NEG connector
What instructions you following there?
Just was angling for a pic from a brave soul who has already done it!! ;)
I'll post one in the morning - Pete Bell has already done the full installation with his backing plate and I've seen it working with solar panels attached. 😎

I recall @Logsplitter (?) got his solar panels run over whilst testing them, so did he have these wired via a D250SE?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
A good question, because in this dual setup there is no fuse for the 230SE (positive or negative), both are on the 120S.

Although I will fusing my solar panel up on the roof to follow the good practice in the new Australian Standard.

1691621835483.png

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What instructions you following there?

I'll post one in the morning - Pete Bell has already done the full installation with his backing plate and I've seen it working with solar panels attached. 😎

I recall @Logsplitter (?) got his solar panels run over whilst testing them, so did he have these wired via a D250SE?
Sorry no. My solar panels have got inbuilt mppt controller and I connected to the jump start post under the bonnet to test.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My mistake - will reevaluate the fuse choice! I was looking at belts and braces approach.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No instructions - comes with 4 long bolts and 4 short ones (but only 4 nuts) - I suspect we use the exiting bolts and nuts too.

I think we will have to work it out together!.

I plan to:

disconnect the batteries
take the 120 from its current mount in the IG
slide the new mount into place with the 250 already on it
wire it all in.

I haven't plucked up the courage yet.

Local time
Reaction score
No instructions - comes with 4 long bolts and 4 short ones (but only 4 nuts) - I suspect we use the exiting bolts and nuts too.

I plan to:

disconnect the batteries
take the 120 from its current mount in the IG
slide the new mount into place with the 250 already on it
wire it all in.

I haven't plucked up the courage yet.
Seems a complicated bracket to bolt 2 things too.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It has 8 holes, 1 for each corner of the 2 CTEK devices. Not too tricky. The stand-off means it fits exactly into the space in the battery box.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It has 8 holes, 1 for each corner of the 2 CTEK devices. Not too tricky. The stand-off means it fits exactly into the space in the battery box.
Would seem a pretty easy shape to bend yourself with a sheet of aluminium, could even make in pieces and rivet together.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score

Not OK not to provide instructions: only one or two pictures would have done! (n)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

It's obviously difficult without having the part in the vehicle to see but I had thought you take out the existing black metal bracket that the Smartpass sits on. That can't be the case now as the long bolts must replace the Smartpass bolts and go into the captive nuts on the original bracket.

The four short bolts and nuts are for the D250SE and go just through the stainless plate.

I think it will become clearer when you offer up the new bracket to the original one.

Curious to understand why the offset?

And indeed the bent sections ~ are they going to raise both units higher than the original position of the Smartpass?

Last edited:

Black Sheep

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
@Black Sheep perhaps you can help us with a few tips?
No problem at all...
We will also put together a video for you in the next month and go into the various connection options. We are currently struggling to ensure that all customers receive their goods as quickly as possible.
The assembly is actually self-explanatory: The Ctek D250 is mounted at the point where the logo is located. Then the screws of the Smartpass are loosened and the bracket with the mounted D250 is pushed underneath from the front. Space is very tight but no cables need to be removed. As already suspected, the supplied screws replace the existing Smartpass screws.

Black Sheep

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
For all those who want to assemble the part at the weekend, I put it together briefly so that it is easier to understand... I hope this helps you...

Attachments

• Foto 11.08.23, 09 59 03.jpg
    Foto 11.08.23, 09 59 03.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Foto 11.08.23, 09 59 16.jpg
    Foto 11.08.23, 09 59 16.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom