The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep Ctek D250 charger bracket

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
@Black Sheep

This is helpful, but in my 2 seater N1 the existing mount for the 120 Smartpass is too wide to allow the bracket to slide over it. I am not sure this will work. As you can see the mount has side lips and the new bracket simply won't fit over it. You can see my scratches !

I am presuming the folded over bits somehow slide alongside the mount? Perhaps they do in other types of IG but not in mine.

If I am being stupid let me know!! :)

mount edge.jpgmount 120.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where's the branding/lettering gone on the top of your Smartpass?
IMG_20230811_130358.jpg

BAS-Remaps

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We made a bracket a while ago flat lazer cut plate, easy job.
Feel free to use any of the drawings.

This is for use with cars that have existing ~Smartpass 120s fitted.

Attachments

• ctek plate .jpg
    ctek plate .jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 154
  • plate.png
    plate.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 170
  • ctek 3.jpg
    ctek 3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 162
  • ctek 4.jpg
    ctek 4.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Ctek jumper.jpg
    Ctek jumper.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 165
  • plate ctek modification.png
    plate ctek modification.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 151

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
@Black Sheep

This is helpful, but in my 2 seater N1 the existing mount for the 120 Smartpass is too wide to allow the bracket to slide over it. I am not sure this will work. As you can see the mount has side lips and the new bracket simply won't fit over it. You can see my scratches !

I am presuming the folded over bits somehow slide alongside the mount? Perhaps they do in other types of IG but not in mine.

View attachment 7823097View attachment 7823098

I note that you have had no responses yet to this question. I’m keen to know too, as I have purchased the @Black Sheep mounting plate, but have not yet tried to install it in my 2-seater.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks for your generous offer of the diagram for others to use.

How thick is the steel used in the dual mounting bracket?

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Just making this up now thanks, can you tell me any reason for the 3mm mounting holes for the top D250SE unit compared to the 6mm holes for the already installed Smartpass? cheers

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just making this up now thanks, can you tell me any reason for the 3mm mounting holes for the top D250SE unit compared to the 6mm holes for the already installed Smartpass? cheers
I noticed that also, but the holes on the finished plate all appear to be the same diameter.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I noticed that also, but the holes on the finished plate all appear to be the same diameter.
Your looking at washers not the holes themselves where the D250 mounts.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Andrew

What is the diameter of the 8 holes used to mount the units?
About 3mm on the D250SE side and about 4mm on the Smartpass side

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[

Surely it slides over the top of the existing bracket as the holes all have to line up for the bolts to reach the captive nuts on the lower side of the existing bracket:
IMG_20230814_151837.jpg

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Surely it slides over the top of the existing bracket as the holes all have to line up for the bolts to reach the captive nuts on the lower side of the existing bracket:
View attachment 7823423
Then it would lift the 120 too high and terminals would abut the lid of the battery box. There is only a small clearance. Anyway , have done it using the plate the other way around and all fine.

1692031056661.jpeg

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Then it would lift the 120 too high and terminals would abut the lid of the battery box. There is only a small clearance. Anyway , have done it using the plate the other way around and all fine.

From the Black Sheep website and the instructions they posted it looks like he has done the opposite to yours although there does look to be some differences to the underlying structure?
IMG_4511.png

Attachments

• IMG_4511.png
    IMG_4511.png
    488.1 KB · Views: 101

Black Sheep

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
@Black Sheep

View attachment 7823097View attachment 7823098
Hi Tomdoc
I apologize for not being able to respond immediately. On your report, we checked the matter and organized a two-seater. We have optimized the points mentioned, at the same time. In the case of the two-seater, we also found that the height of the bracket is not optimal and created an alternative solution. In your case, I would ask you to contact our customer support directly, so that we can send you a replacement product of the latest generation for the two-seater free of charge. (support@blacksheep-innovations.com)

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Tomdoc
I apologize for not being able to respond immediately. On your report, we checked the matter and organized a two-seater. We have optimized the points mentioned, at the same time. In the case of the two-seater, we also found that the height of the bracket is not optimal and created an alternative solution. In your case, I would ask you to contact our customer support directly, so that we can send you a replacement product of the latest generation for the two-seater free of charge. (support@blacksheep-innovations.com)
That is so very generous of you and excellent customer service. Very many thanks indeed. I have emailed as suggested. Thanks again. Brilliant.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From the Black Sheep website and the instructions they posted it looks like he has done the opposite to yours although there does look to be some differences to the underlying structure?
View attachment 7823458
Hi Andrew, yes there is a difference and as you see the guys at Back Sheep have been brilliant in recognising this. It seems the mounting infrastructure is different in the 2 seater models.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Andrew, yes there is a difference and as you see the guys at Back Sheep have been brilliant in recognising this. It seems the mounting infrastructure is different in the 2 seater models.
Yes I saw that. Excellent

Back
Top Bottom