The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Latest developments from BLACK SHEEP

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
I was not aware of this rule
Luckily I am getting a diesel.
I'll be getting the LR petrol tank when it arrives if I need to do vast distances :D
Or letting it slosh around in the back of a caravan...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
I had a discussion regarding this with the relevant authority, maximum allowed protrusion from the body is 150mm. Jerrys are 180mm plus the bracket. Not much in it IMO but if push come to shove? Plus I wouldn't want 20kgs hanging off the rails when traveling over corrugations personally.
How do new Defenders get away with the side box?
s-l500_e143501b-5edc-488e-8cc9-d9274fcb9b01_500x.jpg

Is the measurement taken from behind where you mount the protrusion or from a plan view and the extremity of the vehicle (wheelarch or even rear view mirror?)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is it not just the widest point of the car , be it standard mirrors/arches?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They popped round to my place to deliver Black Sheep's newly released CTEK D250SE mounting plate to suit my Utility Wagon. As many of you would already know, they had already released a version to suit the Station Wagons, but the low clearance between the Smartpass 120S and the 2-seater's battery compartment lid required a different design.
IMG_0585.jpeg
Can you post a photo of the full plate unobstructed?

Has the lateral offset also been taken out; and what's the purpose of the large circular hole?

Price wise, how does this compare to the more complex Version 1.0?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
How do new Defenders get away with the side box?
View attachment 7824365

Is the measurement taken from behind where you mount the protrusion or from a plan view and the extremity of the vehicle (wheelarch or even rear view mirror?)
The measurement is from the outermost side of the vehicle. That is the issue with the Grenadiers slab sides. Not so with the Defender as it is like most vehicles with a sloping upper turret, Mirrors are not included in this equation by the authorities. That is the way it was explained to me.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The measurement is from the outermost side of the vehicle. That is the issue with the Grenadiers slab sides. Not so with the Defender as it is like most vehicles with a sloping upper turret, Mirrors are not included in this equation by the authorities. That is the way it was explained to me.
Right but you do get the waistline shoulder plus the wheel arch brow as "free width" before adding 150mm for the jerrycan and bracket?
FB_IMG_1674740357527.jpg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
Right but you do get the waistline shoulder plus the wheel arch brow as "free width" before adding 150mm for the jerrycan and bracket?
From what was explained to me, it is the outer most part of the vehicles body excluding the mirrors. What constitutes the body is open to interpretation, that discussion is one for the relevant authority- see below

The load is also permitted to extend outwards by 150mm each side of the vehicle, providing the overall width does not exceed 2.5m. A projecting load must not constitute a dangerous projection.

What constitutes a dangerous projection is also open to interpritation

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What constitutes a dangerous projection is also open to interpritation
Can't see that a container of explosive fuel could be considered dangerous ;):p

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7824367
Can you post a photo of the full plate unobstructed?

Has the lateral offset also been taken out; and what's the purpose of the large circular hole?

Price wise, how does this compare to the more complex Version 1.0?
IMG_0586.jpegFullSizeRender.jpeg

Not sure on the answers to your other questions.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Clevershade stuff looks good.
View attachment 7824245View attachment 7824244

Sadly, both Clevershade and Black Sheep are out of my price range.
I really like Black Sheep’s modular roof rack system, but with all three decks on top, that’s close to £5k once shipped to the UK with Import Duty & VAT.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Although I am "preaching to the choir" here - just want to say how impressed I am with @Black Sheep and their excellent customer service regarding the CTEK plate design modification and quick action when we realised that not all IG are the same. I now have my new plate also and am hugely appreciative of the response.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Although I am "preaching to the choir" here - just want to say how impressed I am with @Black Sheep and their excellent customer service regarding the CTEK plate design modification and quick action when we realised that not all IG are the same. I now have my new plate also and am hugely appreciative of the response.
Tom - what duty charges did you have to endure for the items ordered? Standard VAT and Customs?

Back
Top Bottom