The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Black Sheep - USA Orders

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
Just calleds Expedition One toady and they claim they have no further plan with Grenadier accessory development at the moment. It looks like they backed off.
Perhaps they did, I believe Warner was working with them

Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
I was certainly interested in the sliders from LeTech, BS, and Buzz - the use of high quality stainless from Buzz put them to the top. I’m looking forward to their arrival.
I did come across the buzz steps after I posted that, and I agree, they are at least on par. Would have to compare in person.

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
I ordered the roof rack and rock sliders with steps sometime over the summer and they arrived October 15th. It was a pain in the ass because they expect you to act as the importer and you have to handle some of the customs forms which requires you to determine which categories the parts fall under. I haven’t unpackaged them so I can’t comment on the build quality yet
Installed the sliders and steps today. Driver‘s side steps went on fairly smoothly although one hole was too far off to be able to screw in the slider and two others cross threaded. Slider with step went on fairly easily and I was able to get everything bolted up on my own with just a floor jack for assistance. Unfortunately on the passenger side I was forced to leave three screws out on the steps as they absolutely would not line up and three of the 11 bolts on the sliders had to be left off due to holes not lining up with the stock holes on the vehicle. Despite all the hardware that was not able to be installed they feel fairly solid at least for ingress and egress. Unfortunately the step does not extend far enough out from the vehicle to provide much assistance on egress. Based on the holes on both the steps and the sliders not lining up and the price I can’t recommend this product.

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
Installed the sliders and steps today. Driver‘s side steps went on fairly smoothly although one hole was too far off to be able to screw in the slider and two others cross threaded. Slider with step went on fairly easily and I was able to get everything bolted up on my own with just a floor jack for assistance. Unfortunately on the passenger side I was forced to leave three screws out on the steps as they absolutely would not line up and three of the 11 bolts on the sliders had to be left off due to holes not lining up with the stock holes on the vehicle. Despite all the hardware that was not able to be installed they feel fairly solid at least for ingress and egress. Unfortunately the step does not extend far enough out from the vehicle to provide much assistance on egress. Based on the holes on both the steps and the sliders not lining up and the price I can’t recommend this product.
@Regalz I’m presuming these were the Blacksheep sliders and steps? I’m curious as I just recently ordered them and have a question. If the holes were slightly off wouldn’t you have been able to use a die grinder and elongate the holes slightly? If they had lined up nicely would you recommend the product?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the holes were slightly off wouldn’t you have been able to use a die grinder and elongate the holes slightly?
If I had spent $2k on sliders the last thing I would want to have to do is take a die grinder to them to get them to fit

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
Is it possible that the bolt holes on a ROW are different from a NAS Grenadier?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it possible that the bolt holes on a ROW are different from a NAS Grenadier?
Nope, same frame, same body panels, etc

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
@Regalz I’m presuming these were the Blacksheep sliders and steps? I’m curious as I just recently ordered them and have a question. If the holes were slightly off wouldn’t you have been able to use a die grinder and elongate the holes slightly? If they had lined up nicely would you recommend the product?
Lol, yea these were the BS sliders and steps, thus the reason I responded to my own prior post on the BS thread. A die grinder would probably have worked on the holes for the side steps but would have completely defeated the purpose of the powder coating and I suppose the same may be true on the sliders if you have the time and inclination to grind that much material. As I said they are fairly solid even missing the various screws and bolts so I’ll run them as is until a better solution becomes available

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Lol, yea these were the BS sliders and steps, thus the reason I responded to my own prior post on the BS thread. A die grinder would probably have worked on the holes for the side steps but would have completely defeated the purpose of the powder coating and I suppose the same may be true on the sliders if you have the time and inclination to grind that much material. As I said they are fairly solid even missing the various screws and bolts so I’ll run them as is until a better solution becomes available
@Regalz holy cow, the side step holes were out of alignment!! If that’s the case that’s just poor QC. The side steps obviously aren’t exclusive to the Grens manufacturing and are their own doing. I might expect that from poor Asian manufacturing but not the Swiss. Hopefully this was a one off error and not across their product line

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not yet, I want to take pics first
Definitely keep us updated on what Black Sheep says. I have some of their bits on order and am curious about their after sales support.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Curious to see if anyone in the US has ordered from Black Sheep? Looking at their roof rack option and considering forgoing the Ineos side steps for the Black Sheep rock sliders with side steps. Shipping is a bit much but I'd rather buy once/cry once and be done with it. Interested to see what the process and timeframe from ordering to arrival was like.

https://www.blacksheep-innovations.com/en/ineos-grenadier-2/
Just ordered the rock rails with steps and do the same thing you did, forgoing the INEOS rails. Waiting on their delivery. Also ordered the ARB mount (not the compressor itself—why have it go over the Atlantic twice?!) and visor for the screen. Hard to deny their quality. Stainless steel rails are way better than the rails offered by INEOS. Add in the aluminum steps, win win.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How crazy was the shipping?

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How crazy was the shipping?
I ordered four items. The rails, the steps, the glare visor, and ARB mount kit (not the compressor). $654.01. Of the entire purchase, this has NO value add for me.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered four items. The rails, the steps, the glare visor, and ARB mount kit (not the compressor). $654.01. Of the entire purchase, this has NO value add for me.
All things considered, not bad at all.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All things considered, not bad at all.
I thought so. We shall see. I’ll let the group know. What I am curious about is if anyone has mounted the ARB dual in a Black Sheep mount. I’m no electrician!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Man I wish the screen visor had holes for RAM balls. I guess I do have a drill...

Back
Top Bottom