The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Adventure Trail Gear

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:10 AM
Reaction score
I've never been so excited about a trash bag! You've all probably heard of the Trasharoo. Well, this is like that, but better I think. Check it out:

20240323_151954.jpg

Adventure Trail Gear is made by Nick Scott, a very cool artisan up in Canada. I saw version 1 of his Spare Tire Bag just as he was rolling out Version 2, which has a large lower front pocket instead of two smaller side pockets with a mesh pocket in the center. Here's a pic of Version 2:

V2 Adventure Trail Gear Spare Tire Bag.jpg

After reading some of Nick's posts on his blog, I learned he was open to customization ideas. I'm not a big fan of mesh pockets (I worry about their longevity and think it limits their utility - e.g., I'm not putting tent stakes in mesh pockets), so I asked him if he could customize a bag for me to add side pockets with fold over buckle flaps instead of the side mesh pockets, and he was excited to give that a go. It turned out great. Here's a close up of the right side pocket:

20240323_152121.jpg

Nick uses high quality materials, heavy duty straps, and YKK Zippers. The bag zips pretty far down and there are three holes on the bottom for drainage. Here's Nick explaining how to attach this bag to a spare tire:

I originally found Nick's site not because I was looking for a spare tire trash bag, but because I was looking for a propane tank bag that I could mount to the Grenadier ladder, and he makes a 5lb. and 11lb. version. I bought the one for the 11lb. propane tank, and it mounts great (note - I tried out mounting it on the two upper rungs, but that did not work as well since the top rung is offset from the one right below):

20240323_155434.jpg20240323_155500.jpg

Note the pouch, which is great for an extension hose. There's also a robust handle on the left side, which is super convenient when moving it around, since a filled 11lb. tank is pretty damn heavy. Here's Nick's video explaining how to mount the 5lb. version of this bag:

No issues operating the small rear door handle. Can't wait to get this stuff properly dirty!

Last edited:

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like some nice gear.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
Yikes. I'm certainly not hanging that huge thing on the back of My truck! How much trash do you produce in a day?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Yikes. I'm certainly not hanging that huge thing on the back of My truck! How much trash do you produce in a day?
I've never understood the trail diaper either.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
I've never understood the trail diaper either.
It serves its purpose for many who engage in long stretches of remote adventure driving, with a focus on "Carry in-Carry Out". When I Spent 5 days in Death Valley I only saw one gas station and the rest of the time was remote camping and dirt roads. I appreciated not having my garbage in the car....(I also ended up picking up a lot of garbage that wasn't mine, "Leave it better than you found it")

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is more a service to the 4x4 community to pick up trash left on trails and campsites by those who do not realize (or perhaps even care) the impact it has on the off-road community with the closing of trails and the ugly sight left by their indifference. Wonder if those folks also had someone picking up behind them when they were kids.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I picked GARB 2.1 bag, since I wanted one on the back of the truck for the same thing cleaning up any trash we find running around the San Juans and Southwest Colorado. Pack in- Pack out In the Sierras I would pack out trash on Mules we used to bring our gear in while camping, while we hiked in.

Back
Top Bottom